User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I slept with Snape. He's an ESFP.

Ok ok, in all "siriusness" (sorry couldn't resist), I'd say that he's a JADED INFP who wishes he was a T.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENFP

If I were a teenager at Hogwarts I would want Luna to be my girlfriend.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't care to hear about your Ni.

[incorrect assumptions, dismissals out-of-hand, etc. etc.]

I've considered your "argument" (such that it is) and am giving you my reasons as to why I think it's wrong. Or isn't that enough consideration for you?
    How disappointingly predictable. Were that what you were doing, it would, indeed, be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude72727 View Post
    Hmm... it seems some people are really dead set on Snape being an INTJ.

This is why functional analyses aren't very useful. Too many character actions, or spoken words can be interpreted in too many ways, functionally.

This, functional ambiguity, gives people free reign to type whomever as whatever type they wish.

Really, it makes for awful conversation. Egregiously stupid statements never cease to appear in threads like these.
    Yes, this is a problem, especially with characters who aren't even real. On the other hand, if the author presents the character's internal thoughts (which doesn't really happen with Snape), it can make typing easier, provided the character is internally consistent.

I enjoy the HP universe, and enjoy debates about motivations, unshown actions, hypotheticals, etc. Speculating about character type is just one way to approach this. There's no "right answer", but comparing reasons, details, and insights can add to one's understanding of the character, and for fans, can be just plain fun. To each his own.

MBTI
    TITS
    Enneagram
    7w8

To put it simply, Snape felt (or seemed) like an annoying micro manager to me. So I'm just gonna toss him into the ISTJ category instead of the INTJ one.

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Cauldrons?
    Hey, would you like to drink from my Goblet of Fire?
    Hey, would you like to let your basilisk loose in my Chamber of Secrets?
    Uh... yeah. I can come up with these all day. I'm a geek. A filthy damn geek.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm not an expert, but am I the only one who thinks Harry Potter, Twilight, and all these other magical whatever you wanna call it - are like S central? I mean there are hardly ANY Ns at all in EITHER series, are there?

Just because a dude is weird, different, or ostracized doesn't make him an N.

I mean, I read these books and think: "Wow, do people really think/do/act like that?" I don't mean fly on broomsticks or bite people. I mean the thought patterns.

For example, I don't see ANY character in Harry Potter that I can relate to, except Hermione when I was younger and a teenager. But I wasn't developed then, either. I think I was playing around with the functions. Which makes me think she's an ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm not an expert, but am I the only one who thinks Harry Potter, Twilight, and all these other magical whatever you wanna call it - are like S central? I mean there are hardly ANY Ns at all in EITHER series, are there?
    There are a few... The faggoty vampire protagonist is an N, and there are a fairly large number of INTJs and ENTPs in HP. They're hardly the majority in either series though.

Hermione is indeed ISTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wow some serious N bias coming out on this thread.

Just to say -- my coworker (an ISTJ) is the person with by far the most ideas about how to increase efficiency at my bagel shop (I may have more ideas than she does, but mine are mostly useless). Yes, it's food service -- but she doesn't care whatsoever about the rules (neither does my other ISTJ friend). All she cares about is "will this work better?". She's incredibly innovative, much more than any of the Ns who have worked there have been.

When the "stuff" that makes up a subject is concrete stuff, why wouldn't S types be just as innovative if not more than N types?

Also, neither of the ISTJs I know give a shit about rules. They just think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". That attitude really has nothing to do with rule-following.

This bias is appalling.

S types are not limited whatsoever in N functions. They just PREFER using S functions. And even if they use S/N 70%/30%, their 30% N would likely be more applicable to reality than many N types 70%.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Just because a dude is weird, different, or ostracized doesn't make him an N.
    This can't be said enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Wow some serious N bias coming out on this thread.

Just to say -- my coworker (an ISTJ) is the person with by far the most ideas about how to increase efficiency at my bagel shop (I may have more ideas than she does, but mine are mostly useless). Yes, it's food service -- but she doesn't care whatsoever about the rules (neither does my other ISTJ friend). All she cares about is "will this work better?". She's incredibly innovative, much more than any of the Ns who have worked there have been.

When the "stuff" that makes up a subject is concrete stuff, why wouldn't S types be just as innovative if not more than N types?

Also, neither of the ISTJs I know give a shit about rules. They just think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". That attitude really has nothing to do with rule-following.

This bias is appalling.

S types are not limited whatsoever in N functions. They just PREFER using S functions. And even if they use S/N 70%/30%, their 30% N would likely be more applicable to reality than many N types 70%.
    Agreed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    If I were a teenager at Hogwarts I would want Luna to be my girlfriend.
    Back off. Iz mine.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug: