User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

He's a very, very fucking obvious INTJ. INFJs do not manipulate teenage boys for half their lives into fulfilling a "destiny" that will lead to their death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I actually type him INTP in his early days, before the incident with his sister, after which he changed.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    I actually type him INTP in his early days, before the incident with his sister, after which he changed.
    Same. Plus his friendship with Grindelwald seemed like that perfect INTP-ENTJ "let's remake the world" tag team o' death.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Dumbledore is definitely not an INTP. He has a directive communication style, whereas an INTP prefers to inform. (Compare the sentence "Be careful as you walk down those stairs," which is directive, with "Those stairs are dangerous," which is the informative version; in one case you're giving an order, and in the other you're providing information that the other person can do with as they wish.)
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Riva

Why is he considered a INFJ? Becuase he is kind? That alone does not qualify him to be INFJ. The issue here is people who think he is INFJ hasn't given enough reasons.

This is one -

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Dumbledore is definitely not an INTP. He has a directive communication style, whereas an INTP prefers to inform. (Compare the sentence "Be careful as you walk down those stairs," which is directive, with "Those stairs are dangerous," which is the informative version; in one case you're giving an order, and in the other you're providing information that the other person can do with as they wish.)
    But being an informative styled communicator doesn't make you any type. Okay lets say it does. But then again almost all INTPs I know have informative communicative styles. *shrugs*. The most directive styled communicators I know are ExTJs and ESTPs. But even then I have seen on many occassions my ESTJ dad using a informative tone (rarely). What I am trying to show is the style of communication couldn't be used to type someone. It's just too much stereotyping.

--

And why is Dumbledore a J? Is it because he takes an active role in almost ALL events that are taking place in the wizarding world? (Except in Quiddich?.) Or is it because he is a leader who takes the lead when all others have failed? Yes, INTJs are leaders when others have failed. But are INTJs the only leaders who lead this way (when others have failed?).

No way!

On the contrary I could see a lot of in him that suggests he is a P type (INTP), using the same reasons that could be used to stereotype him in to a INTJ.

He did play an active role in events -
    But he was slow to do so. He was too slow. the way he handled Grindelwald when he was playing the devil is an example. He took a hell of a long time to go and tackle him.

Ministry of Magic-
    It was obvious that people who were on top were doing a bad job. And I recall that he was invited to be the head about 3 times. He refused all three invitations. And this is knowing that he should take the lead. And he was invited by others. He didn’t have to compete either.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm re-reading the 7th book and he's (dumbledore's) definitely INTx

as for Hermione, I believe whatever type she was in the previous books (ranging from ISTJ to ISFJ) she seems VERRRRRRRRY InFJ in book 7... there is very little guardian in here in this book. she's very idealist-y

and my dear Harry, I say with renewed confidence, is an ISFP. and i love him.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    He's a very, very fucking obvious INTJ. INFJs do not manipulate teenage boys for half their lives into fulfilling a "destiny" that will lead to their death.
    Uh... why not? Just because someone is oriented by Feeling doesn't mean they'll accommodate for the well-being of others, or an individual.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Uh... why not? Just because someone is oriented by Feeling doesn't mean they'll accommodate for the well-being of others, or an individual.
    It does if their Feeling function is Fe, which is the case of INFJs. INTJs, by contrast, are Fi cand can be quite selfish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    as for Hermione, I believe whatever type she was in the previous books (ranging from ISTJ to ISFJ) she seems VERRRRRRRRY InFJ in book 7... there is very little guardian in here in this book. she's very idealist-y
    Yes, she has an unusually strong Fi function, for an ISTJ. She's rather Feeling but her Feeling function is clearly not Fe given her stubbornness and obliviousness to the sensitivities and opinions of others, which eliminates xxFJ.

As for N... she doesn't show the INxJ knack for strategy, foresight or an attraction to the symbolic. She does show plenty of idealism, but idealism isn't necessarily N -- in her case it's probably Fi. She does show occasional flashes of intuition, but those are more Ne, rather than Ni.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

If Dumbledore had tried to save Harry, as you seem to think he would have done if he were an F, it would have consigned Harry to a life of perpetual flight, since Voldemort was determined to murder him. It would also have ensured Voldemort's immortality, since the one way to make him vulnerable was through Harry's death, and the result would have been an endless reign of terror. Instead Dumbledore chose to prevent all of that by guiding Harry to a point where he could calmly accept his death and save both himself and the world a great deal of pain. That isn't T-ish; only an F with very strange principles would prefer to consign everyone to hell than to see one person embrace their death in a spirit of heroism. If anything points to Dumbledore being a T, it would be the fact that power was his greatest temptation. Even that isn't a clincher, though; a quick review of history will show you that Fs are just as capable of abusing power as anyone else.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]