User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 661

  1. #351
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    If only you were actually capable of an argument that good.
    If only you were capable of realizing that you are not good at understanding simple but valid points.

    But I admit, I am not the Solitary Walker.

  2. #352
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    I can understand simple points. The validity of yours is highly questionable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #353
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    ^ Yet others agree. But you don't. Simple as that. It does not mean i am incapable of making valid points or arguments. You just seem to disagree no matter how much proof everone presents.

  4. #354
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    ...Neither of which is a Ti user, nor have you shown that anything he couldn't figure out required Ti.
    I'd want to make a case for Dumbledore being a INT(something)

    I: you don't know his plans/ideas/... until you are allowed to. He's secretive. The fact that he enjoys being among students counts towards E, but not enough in my opinion.
    N: quite evident, I think. Always trying to accomplish more goals with a single course of action.
    T: This is to me quite clear, but needs some arguments. He's big on love and all this... because he analyzes it! He studied love because that's a powerful magic. In Harry Potter's world, even the most Thinking T should study emotions because they do have an influence on reality - and not just through motivation for action, like in our world.
    A Fi-driven Dumbledore wouldn't put Harry with the Dursleys. He wanted to make sure the blood-related magic worked... to protect Harry AND the whole wizarding world; at the cost of letting Harry suffer abuse. He rationally chose for the course of action which would make globally the least suffering.
    Now just compare that to Harry's actions with respect to Ginny, like I explained in one of my previous posts.
    Now I don't want to say Dumbledore is an unloving person. He did make strategic "mistakes" because of love - think him not telling everything to Harry in the first book. But there are more examples of him analyzing feelings than of him acting on feelings.
    J or P: I'm not sure on that one. He does have meticulous, detailed plans, even for after his death. At the other hand, he's able to incorporate new elements/data quite quickly. Harry let Wormtail run? Voldemort took Harry's blood? Plan gets adapted immediately, though no-one but Dumbledore knows it. That's actually the biggest difference(*) with Voldemort, who carries out his plan as planned, with no room for luck and friends (which saves Harry) and when it fails, he retreats and makes a new plan.
    Dumbledore's plans allow for details to get 'wrong'. So... I don't know. He seems to have the best of two sides here. Plans and flexibility.

    (*) Save for the side they are on, of course.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  5. #355
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Dumbledore is a clear INTJ (that is, a Te user rather than Ti).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #356
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    ^ Yet others agree. But you don't. Simple as that. It does not mean i am incapable of making valid points or arguments. You just seem to disagree no matter how much proof everone presents.
    In Philosophy 101 they call this an Argumentum ad Populum fallacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #357
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    In Philosophy 101 they call this an Argumentum ad Populum fallacy.
    That's not quite what he's doing. For it to qualify as Argumentum ad Populum he would need to have said something along the lines of "my argument is stronger than your argument because most of these other people agree with me."

    What he's actually saying, though, is that the fact that some other people agree with him means (1) that (contrary to your claims) his argument is not totally out there and (2) that you're just going to disagree to disagree without looking at the content. It's a discrediting tactic, yes, but not an instance of the particular fallacy you brought up.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #358
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    :yim_rolling_on_the_:

    HAHAHAHA are you guys SERIOUSLY seriously debating Harry Potter for forty pages to the point where you're throwing around latin debate fallacy phrases??

    NYRDZ xTREEEM 5000.

    *wipes tear*

    Ok, ok, fine I'll get on topic and jump into the geek orgy...

    Harry: ISTP
    Hiney: INTJ
    Ron: YUCK

    As for houses.... I took those sorting test things when I was obsessed with HP as a kid... always got Slytherin, and by a pretty high margin. So, suffice it to say, ENTP = Slytherin?

    Hey guys, I never said *I* wasn't a little dorkrat myself...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  9. #359
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    As for houses.... I took those sorting test things when I was obsessed with HP as a kid... always got Slytherin, and by a pretty high margin. So, suffice it to say, ENTP = Slytherin?
    ENTP Ravenclaw here...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  10. #360
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    :yim_rolling_on_the_:

    HAHAHAHA are you guys SERIOUSLY seriously debating Harry Potter for forty pages to the point where you're throwing around latin debate fallacy phrases??

    NYRDZ xTREEEM 5000.

    *wipes tear*

    Ok, ok, fine I'll get on topic and jump into the geek orgy...

    Harry: ISTP
    Hiney: INTJ
    Ron: YUCK

    As for houses.... I took those sorting test things when I was obsessed with HP as a kid... always got Slytherin, and by a pretty high margin. So, suffice it to say, ENTP = Slytherin?

    Hey guys, I never said *I* wasn't a little dorkrat myself...
    Slytherin is for sneaky, unprincipled fucks. That doesn't exclude ENTP, but ENTJ is a better fit.

    As for your typings Hermione is a rule whore with no vision whatsoever -- Si-dom (ISTJ) rather than Ni-dom (INTJ). ISTP could fit for Harry, but I really do think he's an extrovert. You are 100% correct on Ron's type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :unsure:
  • :shock:
  • :huh:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO