User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Results 341 to 350 of 669

  1. #341
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

    Your argument is like this

    If Harry Potter is healthy AND unselfish AND heroic.
    1. He uses Fe because Fe is unselfish and heroic.

    If Harry Potter is unhealthy AND selfish AND unheroic.
    2. He uses Fi because it is selfish when unhealthy.

    Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

    The Logical Problem:
    You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.
    this brings up a good question... isn't Alexsei a Fi person?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #342
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.
    No, he actually thinks I argued harry is selfish and unhealthy.

    The Logical Problem:
    You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.
    Good catch, I guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

    He can't be Fi, not because he isn't egotistical, but rather because he shows little indication of being driven by internal values at all. There is no ideological bent to his pursuit of Voldemort, or any other monster he fights throughout the series, no selectiveness, no wondering about what the right thing is. All he displays is an impulse to save everyone he encounters from harm; in contrast to the Fi-using Ron and Hermione, who only follow him (semi-reluctantly) in his adventures because they are his friends. In sharp contrast, especially, to Hermione's own Fi-driven independent stab at heroism; her Elf liberation cause. She was completely stubborn about it, and refused to acknowledge the very evident fact that house-elves don't want to be freed, a fact that Harry picked up right away and so did Ron, but Ron in particular just didn't give a shit either way. He just wanted a tasty meal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #343
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    this brings up a good question... isn't Alexsei a Fi person?
    Your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #344
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I would have written this before you did. but now my fingers hurt from typing.
    If only you were actually capable of an argument that good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #345
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    just saying....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #346
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Yes, I'm Fi/Te. Not sure how that's relevant to the discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I can see some STP, but I dont want to claim him as an STP bretheren and I dont know why, I just dont I guess I dont feel like it, my intuition says it cant be right, the visions in my head wont show a clear picture, and the voices are yelling at me.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #348
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    because he's ISFP..... maybe that's why.
    haha, just giving you a hard time. I could potentially buy ISTP. 20% ISTP vs. 80% ISFP.

  9. #349
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I can see some STP, but I dont want to claim him as an STP bretheren and I dont know why, I just dont I guess I dont feel like it, my intuition says it cant be right, the visions in my head wont show a clear picture, and the voices are yelling at me.
    I understand... my people sense tells me NO WAY IN HELL IS HE AN ESTP!!! :horor:

    it doesn't FEEL right at all... and I'm used to reading people
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #350
    Senior Member Cybin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I don't think enough credit is being given to the differences in NeFi and SeFi. SeFi doesn't ruminate in feelings and theorize like NeFi does. Typically, they are more likely to feel them and act on them.

    Also, just because Fi is based on internal standards does not mean they are incapable of empathizing with others and fighting for them. On the contrary, provided healthy development, Fi knows how people work internallywhich can give them great ability to empathize. This is how Fi bases their standards and, again barring immaturity, not on whatever they feel changing with every blow of the wind. Harry would have great experience with being wrongfully controlled. It does not seem unlikely he would have values against people being hurt or a force of evil gaining control, because he knows so well what that feels like.

    Fe does not hold a monopoly on politeness. Unhealthy Fe is self serving and manipulative.

    Yes, unhealthy Fi is ego reinforcing, but healthy Fi discerns between personal feelings and emotions and looks into universal human values.

    I don't really have an opinion on what Harry is, I just don't think the case against ISFP is accurate.

    It's all to the individual. No doubt some ISFPs would put themselves before others. I roomed with an ISFP and she was courteous as the expense of herself. I'm vey sure she was not ISFJ, not a hint of Si or Fe to be seen anywhere near her.

    Also, Fe in the tertiary position is not like dominant Fe. It serves the first two functions, and generally (not always) makes the ETP good at speaking with people or, channeled to the ego, good at manipulating people. IFf you've ever heard an ETP with a silver tongue, that's terFe at work.

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter: the good, the bad, and the ugly
    By Frosty in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 05:15 PM
  2. Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
  3. Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince..."
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 11:47 AM
  4. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO