User Tag List

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 648

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

  1. #331
    Yeah, I can fly. Array Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I don't understand how he uses Fe? To me, Harry clearly uses Fi. He's fighting to the death for what he stands for.
    He is fighting to death to save everyone else. Do you even know what Fe is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  2. #332
    Yeah, I can fly. Array Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    This is like 5 pages from someone emailing JK Rowling.
    It sure as shit ain't gonna be me. My theory is that she tried to write an ISFP character and fucked it up, ergo asking her won't solve anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #333
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Incidentally, I'll take this as a submission. You did not address any of my points at all, and are resorting to one big ad hominem attack to try to beat a retreat.


    Dude you are so good at typing people and making valid points I could never win.

  4. #334
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    The one thing that says T is that everytime he goes up against someone he doesnt have that fight/flight reaction based response. Its more of a logic based decision to stand and fight. Its a difference between ESTP and ESTJ in your face. ESTJ hits Fi and its a fight/flight, but ESTP is just in your face. Screw whether he is doing it for ginny. Your looking at the wrong decision in my opinion to determine Ti vs Fi.
    I know the difference between Fi and Ti (I use it a fair amount for academics). Ok. You may be right. I have never met an ISTP before. However, I have met several INTPs and the character Harry, is nothing like them. I have met many IXFPs and Harry seemed much more like them.

  5. #335
    Active Member Array Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    8,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    He is fighting to death to save everyone else. Do you even know what Fe is?
    Isnt that more TJ military/police/etc., to protect Is everyone who chooses to be in the military Fe.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

  6. #336
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    He is fighting to death to save everyone else. Do you even know what Fe is?
    Dear kind sir,
    That's my main function. I should hopefully know it better than you. Thank you very much.

  7. #337
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Isnt that more TJ military/police/etc., to protect Is everyone who chooses to be in the military Fe.
    It depends on the underlying motivation.

  8. #338
    Senior Member Array Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

    Your argument is like this

    If Harry Potter is healthy AND unselfish AND heroic.
    1. He uses Fe because Fe is unselfish and heroic.

    If Harry Potter is unhealthy AND selfish AND unheroic.
    2. He uses Fi because it is selfish when unhealthy.

    Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

    The Logical Problem:
    You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.

  9. #339
    Active Member Array Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    8,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

    Your argument is like this

    If Harry Potter is healthy AND unselfish AND heroic.
    1. He uses Fe because Fe is unselfish and heroic.

    If Harry Potter is unhealthy AND selfish AND unheroic.
    2. He uses Fi because it is selfish when unhealthy.

    Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

    The Logical Problem:
    You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.
    Thats dominant Ti
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

  10. #340
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

    Your argument is like this

    If Harry Potter is healthy AND unselfish AND heroic.
    1. He uses Fe because Fe is unselfish and heroic.

    If Harry Potter is unhealthy AND selfish AND unheroic.
    2. He uses Fi because it is selfish when unhealthy.

    Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

    The Logical Problem:
    You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.


    I would have written this before you did. but now my fingers hurt from typing.

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •