User Tag List

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

Riva

Reading comprehension fail. Again. II said nothing about Harry (whom all this fucking time I've been arguing is an Fe user). I was correcting the rosy picture you have of ISFPs, which in actuality corresponds more to ISFJs.
    Do you have short term memory loss. I was using that point to prove.... nevermind you'll forget this too. Probably argue about it too.

He was defending others, the catalyst being when Ginny (who was not romantically involved with him at the time and he barely knew) was attacked. There are countless examples like this of disinterested heroics by him in the book, such as when he saved Hermione (which, note, was not his friend and had been insufferable to him and Ron earlier on) from the troll.
    Gosh...

He simply felt guilty. As I recall Ron said something to hurt her feelings. He shared Rons attitude towards Hermione. Felt the guilt. When to see that was wrong. And there was a troll in the bloody bathroom. They were not expecting to kick the troll in the but and save Hermione's ass.

they went to tell Hermione that there was a Troll at the school. Get your ass back in your room where you'd be save.

Now if he went to kick the troll's ass and save the girl, then he would have been a ESTP. :workout:

But,

you'd probably forget why I am talking about the troll and ask me why I brought that point up.
    he would have killed Voldemort on the spot when he reached the Sorcerer's Stone
    Again I must add that you are forgetting why we are arguing about. You shared the sentiment that ISFPs are not heroic (Fi users). I did not agree. And i was also giving you points as to the possibility of how Harry (if not being heroic) could have simply be doing what he was doing for revenge.

MBTI
    xSTP

Is someone taking score and marking each tree?
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

One day and the next Array Rainne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

HP - ISFP, he uses Se a lot lol
    Hermoine - ISTJ w/ who uses Ne occassionally
    Ron - ESFP
    Draco - ENTx
    Luna - INFP

Voldemort- ENTJ
    Snape - INTJ
    Dumbledore - INFJ
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Do you have short term memory loss. I was using that point to prove....
    That he's Fi? Bad job, all that proves is he's not an unhealthy Fi (feeding my side of the argument incidentally), not that he's not Fe.

He simply felt guilty. As I recall Ron said something to hurt her feelings. He shared Rons attitude towards Hermione.
    ...Ron's attitude towards Hermione? Oh, you mean complete annoyance and revulsion? No, I wouldn't say he shared that. Harry's (Tertiary Fe) automatic impulse was to feel concern for this strange and infuriating girl who meant nothing to him (and thus go out of his way to save her), whereas Ron's (Auxiliary Fi) was to save his own ass. He only very reluctantly followed Harry.

Felt the guilt. When to see that was wrong. And there was a troll in the bloody bathroom. They were not expecting to kick the troll in the but and save Hermione's ass.

they went to tell Hermione that there was a Troll at the school. Get your ass back in your room where you'd be save.

Now if he went to kick the troll's ass and save the girl, then he would have been a ESTP. :workout:
    No - indeed, what he did was itself proof of Fe. He went completely out of his way to save someone who meant absolutely nothing to him, who had no personal value to him. He essentially did get in there to save the girl, despite the girl being insufferable and annoying towards him earlier.

But,

you'd probably forget why I am talking about the troll and ask me why I brought that point up.
    I think your best bet here is looking into the mirror. It's you who's dodging the issue, with baseless ad homs like this one.

Again I must add that you are forgetting why we are arguing about. You shared the sentiment that ISFPs are not heroic (Fi users). I did not agree.
    With you so far...

And i was also giving you points as to the possibility of how Harry (if not being heroic) could have simply be doing what he was doing for revenge.
    And I conclusively demonstrated you were wrong. At no point did he show an interest in revenge, nor did he take it when the chance was presented to him in a silver platter in book 1. His motivation was, consistently, an interest to save others -- Fe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

the fact that you care so much when the rest of us have worked it out quite well is quite disturbing, A
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    HP - ISFP, he uses Se a lot lol
    ESTP. See the last few pages of debate.

Draco - ENTx
    ENTJ

Dumbledore - INFJ
    INTJ. Fe is a mask, which starts coming off around book 5 and is wholly exposed after his death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the fact that you care so much when the rest of us have worked it out quite well is quite disturbing, A
    Whatever, I can't quite imagine you, Halla, StellarRenegade, PettyCure to be ANYTHING like Harry. Wouldn't you guys be more like the badass, live-action, superhero? OOhhh OOOhhh, the main dude from the new Star Trek movie.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It's plausible that Rowling meant to write an ISFP character, but she came out with an Se-dom who oozes Fe out of the goddamn pores instead. The fact he's not a normal ESTP doesn't mean he isn't an ESTP. You wouldn't in a million years confuse me for Stalemate, for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Whatever, I I can't quite imagine you, Halla, StellarRenegade, PettyCure to be ANYTHING like Harry. Wouldn't you guys be more like the badass, live-action, superhero? OOhhh OOOhhh, the main dude from the new Star Trek movie.
    totally! Harry doesn't act with NEARLY the same recklessness that any sensible ESTP should react with in such circumstances!

any sensible ESTP when highly stressed and in a charged situation wouldn't bother thinking through actions first... they'd charge valdemort and beat his ass in a fist fight!

this is what disturbs me so much about these insistances
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

Riva

This has got to stop man. You sure has short term memory loss.

That he's Fi? Bad job, all that proves is he's not an unhealthy Fi (feeding my side of the argument incidentally), not that he's not Fe.
    I must repeat you have memory loss. And you are arguing for me now not against me. But you don't realize it and has such a bad memory and logic you think -

And I conclusively demonstrated you were wrong.
    You are one hell of a grandma.

----

Nevertheless I'll remind you what the hell happened.

You - ISFPs are not heroic.
    Me - you cannot arrive at a conclusion as such merely by his type.
    You - ISFPs are not heroic. ISFPs are egotistical and slefish.
    Me - . Again you cannot arrive at a conclusion as such merely by his type.
    You - AHaaaaaaaaaaaa! you just proved my point.

Me after utter shock, taking my time off and catching my breath thinks -

*Since this guy vehemently believes that Fi users are cowards and too selfish to help anyone might as well use a different point to prove him wrong*

But meanwhile clever you makes another point.

You - Harry is unhealthy.
    Me - Have you read the fucking book man or atleast watched the film?.
    You - Harry in unhealthy and selfish.
    Me - Proves harry isn't unhealthy.
    You - Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! and says -

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast