First 19272829303139 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I, erm, just told you. Lupin said absolutely nothing about how to complete the trials (meaning they were a test of wit as opposed to just raw magical prowess). Harry just made the connections himself. Furthermore, I just demonstrated Harry is Fe-tertiary, so it logically follows he has to be Ti-auxiliary. And that is not to mention his Te is absolute shit. Hermione constantly berates him for his lack of organization.
    So his wit in figuring out how to do the trials means he uses Ti? I don't buy it. And I didn't read your case for Fe so I can't comment on that (though it did seem to me that he used Fi quite a bit.) His Te would be absolute shit if he were ISFP as well.

Tamske makes a convincing case, I think.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

I might be completely wrong here, so please forgive me, but the trials were the practical part of a DADA exam, so the teacher couldn't tell the students what to do there and then. What Lupin did, was to spend time teaching them how to combat all the creatures as the year progressed, hence the trials were a matter of memory, and general magical skill.

DADA calls alot on personal feelings for Harry in 3rd year, the Boggart requires feelings of laughter, the Dementor, feelings of elation...to get these, wouldn't it be mainly Fi?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

totally! I'd rather eat a bowl of earth worms than explore personal feelings! :horor:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    I might be completely wrong here, so please forgive me, but the trials were the practical part of a DADA exam, so the teacher couldn't tell the students what to do there and then. What Lupin did, was to spend time teaching them how to combat all the creatures as the year progressed, hence the trials were a matter of memory, and general magical skill.

DADA calls alot on personal feelings for Harry in 3rd year, the Boggart requires feelings of laughter, the Dementor, feelings of elation...to get these, wouldn't it be mainly Fi?
    Hah, yeah. I forgot about that. Good call.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

you could sort like the houses like this, but it would be a little simplistic
    Gryffindor: ESP, IFP
    Hufflepuff: ISJ, EFJ
    Ravenclaw: INJ, ENP
    Slytherin: ITP, ETJ

but more likely:
    Gryfindor: SFP, STP, SFJ, NFP
    Hufflepuff:STJ, SFJ, NFJ
    Ravenclaw: all Ns not in another house and a very occasional S
    Slytherin: STP, NTJ, NTP (certainly no Fs)

Well, this is true, but see my little addendum. Regardless of whether he's Ti/Fe or Te/Fi, the fact is that he feels a sense of duty and an impulse to save others underpinning his motivations -- which even Sim admitted but attributed to Te as opposed to Fe (I disagree, but let's leave that aside for now). The point is that he has an extroverted Judging function asa a tertiary, which means he cannot possibly be an introvert (as his Je would thus be inferior). Thus logically, ISFP makes no sense whatsoever. he must be either ESTP, or ESFP.
    Hey Aleksei, how would you describe the Ti/Fi role in the dominant function for ixxps? Granted, it's considered a judging function, but has to synthesize what it can from the perceiving function that it uses in the auxiliary. This seems to be a very information receiving/processing activity. Does Harry seem spontaneous in the books like an extroverted perceiving type, processing stimuli after jumping into it with his body, in a body-mind way, or a mind-body way like an introvert? The reason I ask is because I want to direct your attention to something distinct, if you will allow it. Ti/Fi acts a lot more like a perceiving function in an introvert with Ti/Fi dominant then it will appear in all other positions...by the belief and theory of MBTI personality assessment anyway.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well, to me it seems that a dominant Ji function would spend a significant amount of time digesting recieved information, and comparatively less time actually receiving information. What are you getting at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Well, to me it seems that a dominant Ji function would spend a significant amount of time digesting recieved information, and comparatively less time actually receiving information. What are you getting at?
    Nothing. I just wanted to see if you still thought Harry is an extrovert after making that connection. It doesn't mean you will or that you should, but I just wanted to see if you still thought the same or not.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I still do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Riva

I'll be pretty fucking disappointing with ESTPs if Harry is one. An ESTP being so tolerant, kind and forgiving?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: