User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 648

  1. #271
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    True, but the way he handled himself in DADA class suggests Se Ti use.
    How does it illustrate Ti? He didn't care for the theory at all. He only liked to use the spells in the practical portion, which I agree would be Se.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #272
    Active Member Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    9,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How does it illustrate Ti? He didn't care for the theory at all. He only liked to use the spells in the practical portion, which I agree would be Se.
    Use is Se, practical not so much in regard to the common use of the term "practical". I would even go so far as to question Ti as practical. Ti leans more towards realistic as opposed to practical.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

  3. #273
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How does it illustrate Ti? He didn't care for the theory at all. He only liked to use the spells in the practical portion, which I agree would be Se.
    Ti isn't so much theory as it is deduction and specification, which he did show during trials in the course. Hermione cared more for the theory, but not at all for the practical portion - and note that she is far more Te than Ti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #274
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Ti isn't so much theory as it is deduction and specification, which he did show during trials in the course.
    How?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #275
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Take, for example, the Prisoner of Azkaban - Lupin offered no rule guide for how to get through his trials. Students had to figure it all out on their own. Harry aced it, by easily figuring out how to deal with each individual creature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #276
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Take, for example, the Prisoner of Azkaban - Lupin offered no rule guide for how to get through his trials. Students had to figure it all out on their own. Harry aced it, by easily figuring out how to deal with each individual creature.
    The trials were pretty vaguely described in the book. I don't see how the fact that he did exceptionally well on them indicates Ti.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #277
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The trials were pretty vaguely described in the book. I don't see how the fact that he did exceptionally well on them indicates Ti.
    I, erm, just told you. Lupin said absolutely nothing about how to complete the trials (meaning they were a test of wit as opposed to just raw magical prowess). Harry just made the connections himself. Furthermore, I just demonstrated Harry is Fe-tertiary, so it logically follows he has to be Ti-auxiliary. And that is not to mention his Te is absolute shit. Hermione constantly berates him for his lack of organization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  8. #278
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Lots of non-Se characters play Quidditch. Harry is quite an SP, but "he plays Quidditch" doesn't have a lot to do with why.
    True... look at the ENTP Weasley twins. (I surely hope you can agree they're ENTPs?!) But Harry feels completely at home and okay when out there, on a broom... It was the first thing he could do without being taught. I was referring to the way he enjoys Quidditch, not at the fact he plays it.

    Okay. Fi-Te or Ti-Fe? I'm leaning towards Fi-Te (so SFP) again. Why?

    He is able to decide upon what needs to be done. True. But that's Te, not Ti. Ti concerns itself with being right, not with reaching goals.
    Which goals? Stopping someone who has killed his parents? Keeping Ginny safe rather than having a strong witch on your side? Fi there.
    He isn't keeping Ginny safe because he "ought" to (Fe) ... it's because he loves her.

    Alexei's arguments made me hesitate between E and I. Well, anybody (not just an E) would feel lonely when alone for two months. He doesn't share his problems and grief (he always says he's "fine" on his letters) - he feels the need to be strong and not impose himself on his friends.
    He doesn't capitalize on his fame (regardless of what Snape and Lockhart say of him) and rather resents the spotlights.

    I'd keep ISFP.

    Edit to add answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    And that is not to mention his Te is absolute shit. Hermione constantly berates him for his lack of organization.
    Lack of organization is a sign of P; not a sign of lacking Te. Fe can organize too. Ask any FJ.
    Of course, compared to Hermione (ISTJ), few people are organized.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  9. #279
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    19,988

    Default

    ^ good post!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #280
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Okay. Fi-Te or Ti-Fe? I'm leaning towards Fi-Te (so SFP) again. Why?

    He is able to decide upon what needs to be done. True. But that's Te, not Ti. Ti concerns itself with being right, not with reaching goals.
    Which goals? Stopping someone who has killed his parents? Keeping Ginny safe rather than having a strong witch on your side? Fi there.
    He isn't keeping Ginny safe because he "ought" to (Fe) ... it's because he loves her.
    True. The fact he loves her and wants to keep her out of harm's way alone doesn't prove Fe. It's the fact he wants to save everyone else as well that does, a higher Fi user in that situation would likely think of himself and those close to him, exclusively.

    Alexei's arguments made me hesitate between E and I. Well, anybody (not just an E) would feel lonely when alone for two months. He doesn't share his problems and grief (he always says he's "fine" on his letters) - he feels the need to be strong and not impose himself on his friends.
    He doesn't capitalize on his fame (regardless of what Snape and Lockhart say of him) and rather resents the spotlights.

    I'd keep ISFP.
    Well, this is true, but see my little addendum. Regardless of whether he's Ti/Fe or Te/Fi, the fact is that he feels a sense of duty and an impulse to save others underpinning his motivations -- which even Sim admitted but attributed to Te as opposed to Fe (I disagree, but let's leave that aside for now). The point is that he has an extroverted Judging function asa a tertiary, which means he cannot possibly be an introvert (as his Je would thus be inferior). Thus logically, ISFP makes no sense whatsoever. he must be either ESTP, or ESFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts