User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

Results 261 to 270 of 669

  1. #261
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    I'm seriously curious what this "tearing to shreds" will entail, because if it's more lists of Se characteristics + insistence that they make Harry a T (with no actual analysis explaining the supposed presence of Ti or Fe), I'm gonna pretty be disappointed.

    But not surprised.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #262
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ESTP is the worst read for Harry Potter I've ever heard...obviously, obviously, obviously ISFP. Wtf are you people thinking?
    According to what? You?

    Impulsive streak, sure, that's P, fine. But keeping a cool head in stressful situations is in no way associated with T above F. That's simply Se being quickly adaptable and responsive to its immediate surroundings, trusting its instincts.
    That's not how Se is defined. Se is defined as attentiveness to detail and one's surroundings. Many Se-dom and Se-auxiliary people are indeed far, far from cool-headed. Jocks who shove nerds into lockers (Who are mostly Se-Ti or Ti-Se) jump to mind.

    He dumps Ginny because he feels a moral obligation to keep her out of the danger that would come with her constantly being around him. Virtually all of Harry's reasoning in every single situation throughout the entire series is based on his strong sense of personal ethics based on how he personally feels about what's going on. He's classic SFP: Look into your heart to know what's right, then act on your gut feelings about what seems like the best course of action at the current moment.
    Yes, he dumped her because he would put her in danger, based on a rational analysis of the situation fueled by Fe motivation; thinking underpinned by Fe, which Harry oozes out of the pores (his whole goddamn motivation is saving the world, even his friends have noted it). A higher Fi user would not have dumped his girl to go gallivanting off to save the world, he would have taken his girlfriend and his friends away from danger. That's what I'd have done, being myself an Fi-aux.

    And then to put the final nail in the coffin, let's assume that he is Fi. By your own observations his Thinking function is too prominently displayed to be inferior, and he shows little, if any, Ni; thus making him Se Fi Te Ni, as opposed to Fi Se Ni Te. ESFP rather than ISFP. If I'm wrong (and I'm not) then that still doesn't make you (ot the other ten thousand people who think he's ISFP) right.

    You lose.

    Harry shows virtually zero Ti throughout the entire series, and the only "ESTP" characteristics he has are Se ones that are common among all SP types.
    His prowess in Defense Against the Dark Arts is quite Ti-driven. He's very good at mastering hexes, counterspells and the like. Ti is less visible because it plays a supporting role to his Se attentiveness (He's Se-dom rather than Se-aux), but it's there.

    He's depressed when he's at the Dursleys' because the Dursleys are fucking pricks, not because he's an extrovert.
    Putting the cart before the horse. My argument is not that that proves extroversion, but rather that it does nothing to disprove it.

    He enjoys being around a few close friends, but is clearly uncomfortable with large crowds and being around new people. He's shy as all hell around girls he's interested in and he rarely speaks up at all except when his strong personal morals have been violated (blatantly Fi.)
    Shyness isn't a sign of introversion, it's simply a sign of fear of rejection. Extroverts can be shy, and they quite commonly are. Harry is actually quite readily sociable despite his shyness.

    He hates being in the public eye and despises all the constant attention he gets from the life of fame that he never asked for.
    Okay. One minute he's just some poor orphan kid who lives with his idiot aunt and uncle. The next he's some celebrity with annoying camera-carrying kids constantly pestering him and everyone knowing his name. Wouldn't anyone be a bit... erm... weirded out by that? Especially if you're famous because your parents died, and you supposedly have some sort of destiny that you don't think you can live up to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #263
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    I don't why but when you get angry I get amused by it . I agree with you about Harry being an ESTP.

    Hermoine - ISTJ ?
    Ron - ESFP ?
    Finally someone with some sense. Hermione and Ron as ESFP and ISTJ is exactly right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    This is not a good argument.
    That wasn't an argument.

    T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.
    This is true, but it's distinctly Fe as opposed to Fi. Harry wants to save everyone, and naturally his significant other would be near the top of the list. Thus, taking stock of the situation he decided that, against his own feelings on the matter, he would dump her and go save the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ESTP.... Not a likely Harry Potter type.




    Even if they aren't ESTP, they are a bit closer to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I can identify another ESTP... they resonate in a certain way... Harry Potter isn't an ESTP :rolli:
    Enneagram plays a part here (Enneagram being more closely correlated with outwardly displayed behavior than Jungian type). Most ESTPs are infectiously fun-loving, hyperactive 7s; whereas Harry is instead a 3 (a type more commonly found in ENTPs and in SJs as opposed to SPs). Harry's dad, an ESTP 7w6 to Harry's ESTP 3w2, gives more ESTP-ish vibes than Harry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #264
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Harry Potter is not ESTP at all. Compare him to the Weasley twins to see how outrageous that typing is (they're ExTPs...or at least one of them is.) He is NOTHING like them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #265
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    The Weasley Twins are ENTP, not ESTP. They're more concerned with pranks and mischievousness rather than sports, and they're neither 3s nor carry the hero mantle on their shoulders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #266
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The Weasley Twins are ENTP, not ESTP.
    Yeah, but notice how little Harry is like them. If he were ESTP he would at least share their same outgoingness. In the book, Harry was often wearied by their energy and constant playfulness.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #267
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    I guess this is pointless if Sim is out, but still...

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Every post I've seen you make regarding type theory has been absolutely horrible.

    I believe last time you were insisting that childishness is inherently Fi and cannot be Fe, and that (somehow???) trying to win arguments is purely Te and cannot ever be Ti.

    Seriously, you insisted that Ti doesn't try to win arguments.
    No I didn't. My view on the matter is that Te cares solely about winning, whereas Ti cares about the truth and logic. Thus Te would try to win at all costs (as opposed to just trying to win cleanly), and would resort to dirty tactics like window-dressing, distortion (which I detected in the graveyard thread), and outright demagoguery. That's why politicians (mostly Te) shamelessly lie their ass off and people swallow it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  8. #268
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, but notice how little Harry is like them. If he were ESTP he would at least share their same outgoingness. In the book, Harry was often wearied by their energy and constant playfulness.
    No he wasn't, not beyond the natural physical weariness that accompanies exercise. The guy played Quiddich and was quite passionate about it, remember. He loved action and activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  9. #269
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    No he wasn't, not beyond the natural physical weariness that accompanies exercise. The guy played Quiddich and was quite passionate about it, remember. He loved action and activity.
    Yes, so what? There was more to his character than Quiddich, which, by itself, only illustrates that he was of the SP temperament. In other contexts he would avoid the twins or be annoyed by them, and it wasn't because he was exhausted from exercise.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #270
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, so what? There was more to his character than Quiddich, which, by itself, only illustrates that he was of the SP temperament.
    True, but the way he handled himself in DADA class suggests Se Ti use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO