Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    These are good arguments...

This is not a good argument.

Harry:

SP - yes, definitely, a Se user. Quidditch anyone?

T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.

Ti-Fe or Fi-Te? Hmm, difficult one.

Luna - thinks scientifically?!? Either I missed the whole concept of scientific method or you did. Scientific method: make testable theories and experimentally test them. She believes without testing. She still can be a T, though... what with her tactlessly telling uncomfortable truths... A TP then, because, indeed, her whole belief is consistent. But not scientific.
    So Luna INFP?

I believe Harry was a bit of a F type at first but by Goblet of Fire he just seemed more T and never looked back. I'm wondering if life - changing events &/or betrayals can alter types forever?

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ESTP.... Not a likely Harry Potter type.

Even if they aren't ESTP, they are a bit closer to it.
    Also ESTP types:

Peter Falk, Eric McCormack, Tommy Lee Jones, Michael Ian Black, Michael J. Fox.

Geeky types can be ESTPs too LOL.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ESTP.... Not a likely Harry Potter type.
    You're right about Harry not being ESTP, but Henry Rollins is about as INFJ as they come! I'm afraid you've got that one completely backwards.

Watch his TV show. Read his journals. He's hyper-introspective and obsessed with imposing rigorous self-discipline. He had a lot of anger issues when he was younger, which in his case are associated with inferior Se.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Hmm you could be right.. But I guess my only point is that generally ESTPs have a very active, talkative or pushy nature (or even force of nature at times) about them (not necessarily in a bad way..they're cool as shit). Harry's on the pensive side.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    So Luna INFP?

I believe Harry was a bit of a F type at first but by Goblet of Fire he just seemed more T and never looked back. I'm wondering if life - changing events &/or betrayals can alter types forever?
    A big part of Harry's character development is learning to accept external impositions of responsibility. As an obvious, obvious, obvious Fi dom, he'd prefer to just live his life doing what feels right to express his individuality in his own way, but as he grows up he accepts an increasing amount of Te responsibility as his Fi finally grows to accept that defeating Voldemort is his moral duty (even though he resents the fact that it's been thrust upon him against his will.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    These are good arguments...
    No, he's just listed a bunch of very general Se traits and then declared that they make Harry a T.

He apparently thinks Fs are incapable of keeping cool heads in stressful situations, which is absolutely hilarious to anyone who's ever met a real SFP.

SFPs tend to do fantastically well under unexpected stress because they're so naturally resourceful and quickly adaptable. "HE WORKS WELL UNDER PRESSURE SO HE MUST BE T LOL" is one of the worst type arguments I've ever heard.

This is not a good argument.
    Nor is anything in Aleksei's entire analysis of Harry, except that he's a clear SP.

Harry:

SP - yes, definitely, a Se user. Quidditch anyone?
    Lots of non-Se characters play Quidditch. Harry is quite an SP, but "he plays Quidditch" doesn't have a lot to do with why.

T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.

Ti-Fe or Fi-Te? Hmm, difficult one.
    You're absolutely right about why he leaves Ginny. The main reason is he feels a moral obligation to keep her safe, and that necessitates keeping her away from him. As I said, his character development revolves largely around growing into acceptance of his moral duty (Fi maturing) and setting aside his personal feelings about what do with his life in order to complete a more pressing externally imposed goal (gradual acceptance of Te perspective.)

He shows virtually no Ti or Fe, ever.

Luna - thinks scientifically?!? Either I missed the whole concept of scientific method or you did. Scientific method: make testable theories and experimentally test them. She believes without testing. She still can be a T, though... what with her tactlessly telling uncomfortable truths... A TP then, because, indeed, her whole belief is consistent. But not scientific.
    Luna strikes me as very INFP.

Hmm you could be right.. But I guess my only point is that generally ESTPs have a very active, talkative or pushy nature (or even force of nature at times) about them (not necessarily in a bad way..they're cool as shit). Harry's on the pensive side.
    Se encourages that active nature, but note that it's Harry's auxiliary function, not his dominant. He's got quite the impulsive side when shit hits the fan--he sees opportunities and instinctively takes them, while Ron (ISFJ) stands around whining about how scary the unknown is, Harry jumps right in and takes action when his gut tells him it's right.

But he's also often on the pensive side because he's an introvert. That's how they work. When it's clearly time for action, though, he doesn't hesitate--the Se becomes obvious.

Yeah, I was talking about ISFP impulsivity in one of Tamske's threads. Uh, somewhere around here. On the flipside, yes, ISFPs will not necessarily lose their cool either. Fi is just as "competent" a judging function as Ti in some ways. It just depends on how much/what kind of Se experience you have, I guess. The idea of just being a feeler doesn't make one blow a lid or something.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, I was talking about ISFP impulsivity in one of Tamske's threads. Uh, somewhere around here. On the flipside, yes, ISFPs will not necessarily lose their cool either. Fi is just as "competent" a judging function as Ti in some ways. It just depends on how much/what kind of Se experience you have, I guess. The idea of just being a feeler doesn't make one blow a lid or something.
    Excellent points.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I have class now, but I'll be back to tear Sim's retarded arguments to shreds. Stay tuned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I have class now, but I'll be back to tear Sim's retarded arguments to shreds. Stay tuned.
    Every post I've seen you make regarding type theory has been absolutely horrible.

I believe last time you were insisting that childishness is inherently Fi and cannot be Fe, and that (somehow???) trying to win arguments is purely Te and cannot ever be Ti.

Seriously, you insisted that Ti doesn't try to win arguments.

That alone is enough to show me you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Here's a book for you:

Amazon.com: Personality Type (Jung on the Hudson Book Series) (9780877739876): Lenore Thomson:…

This should clear up some of the myriad absurd misconceptions you seem to have about function theory.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as if every single SP on the board arguing with you wasn't enough A... and now you want to take on Sim fresh out of the graveyard

I can identify another ESTP... they resonate in a certain way... Harry Potter isn't an ESTP :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett