User Tag List

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 648

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

  1. #241
    Senior Member Array gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Harry - ISFJ- he is DEFINITELY a P
    Ron - ESFP
    Hermione - ISTJ- still think maybe INTJ
    Dumbledore - INFJ- or INTx
    Snape - INTJ
    Luna - INxP- I think INtP. she is more scientific than creative
    McGonagall - ENTJ- ESTJ
    L. Malfoy - ENTJ
    D. Malfoy - ESTP- ENTJ- he is ALWAYS coming up with plans/ideas even if they're mean. He also lived in the future a lot... dreaming about when he would be a death eater and not come back to school. always striving to be the best... typical ENTJ
    N. Malfoy - ESTP- ESFJ. she planned things, she was very very feeling, just not towards Harry who happened to be the main character. but an ESTP wouldnt have thought or cared to tell Voldemort Harry was dead for Draco's sake. not that she wouldnt have cared, but she wouldnt have had an emotionally driven plan. and ESFJs can certainly be cold and snobby

    Cedric Diggory - ISTP- Not a chance, typical NFJ
    Madam Hooch - ESTP
    Katie Bell - ISTJ
    Bellatrix Black - ISTP- INxP. she was always coming up with schemes, sadistic ones, yes, but still planning. and she worked off of her values and beliefs, and also, she was OBSESSED with Voldemort and did anything for him, stemming from some sort of infatuation that seems insanely NF gone wrong
    Sirius Black - ENTP- when he was younger he seemed one. but in the fifth book- classic ENFP
    Tom Riddle/Voldemort - INTJ
    Neville Longbottom - INTP- why not INFJ?
    Cho Chang - ISFJ- she was certainly an E. always around people, always described as chatting with a group of giggling girls.
    Crabbe/Goyle - ISTp
    Oliver Wood - ESTP

    Rita Skeeter - ESTJ- I dont think so. she didnt really care about rules or traidtions. I'd day ENTJ. she had many plans, schemes, ideas, plots...
    James Potter - xSTP
    Lilly Potter - INFJ- ENFP. There's a whole article explaining this one. But i think her charasmatic defense of Snape, and her friendship with him alone speaks to ENFP
    Olympe Maxime - ESFJ
    Olivander - IxTP- definitely an N, so terribly intuitive.
    Madam Rosmerta - ESFP
    Hepzibah Smith - eSTJ
    Argus Filch - ISTP
    Gilderoy Lockheart - ENFP- how so?
    Horace Slughorn - ESTJ

    Ginny Weasley - INFP- or enfp? she never showed much interest in being alone, only shy around harry
    Fleur Delacour - ENFP
    Remus Lupin - INFP
    Nymphadora Tonks - xSTP- she seems F to me. she let her emotions affect her entirely in book 6
    Mad-Eye Moody - ISTJ
    Barty Crouch, Jr. - INFP- INFJ. He certainly had everything carefully crafted out.
    Petunia Dursley - ISTJ
    Vernon Dursley - ESTJ
    Marjorie Dursley - ESTP
    Dudley Dursley - ISTP

    Seamus Finnegan - ISFJ
    Rubeus Hagrid - ISFP
    Igor Karkaroff - INTJ
    Viktor Krum - ISTP
    Mulciber - INFP- how so?
    Peter Pettigrew - ISFJ
    Poppy Pomfrey - ISFJ
    Prof. Quirrell (sans possession) - ISFP
    Augustus Rookwood - ENTP
    Dolores Umbridge - ESTJ

    Arthur Weasley - ENTP
    Percy Weasley - ISTJ
    Kennilworthy Whisp - INxP


    Hogwarts houses:

    Gryffindor : xSTJ- also bravery for values lends itself to both NF and STP often
    Hufflepuff: xSFP
    Ravenclaw: xNxx
    Slytherin : xSTP - and NT. plans to change the world according to their beliefs much? and I;m sure you'd find your occasional snobby NF
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  2. #242
    Yeah, I can fly. Array Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah, and Hiter IS NOT planet. Haha, whata load of oranges.
    What the hell is "Hiter"? You mean Jupiter?

    Let's break it down for you, and every other person out there obssessed with Harry being an ISFP.

    Harry is not a Feeler.

    Harry has a clear impulsive streak (P trait, not F trait), and he's frequently shown going through emotional distress, but that's because he has led an empotionally jarring life. Thinkers aren't robots, we're just logical. He, however, has demonstrated numerous times an ability to keep a clear and cool head in stressful situations -- even when people around him (Ron particularly) are shitting their pants. He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.

    Harry is not an Introvert

    Harry seems withdrawn at first glance because he grew up in an abusive muggle family, and was then tossed into a world he knew nothing about. He clearly enjoys being around people, however, as particularly evidenced by how depressed he becomes every summer when he returns to the Dursley's, and the ecstasy of going back to his friends. The only times he withdraws from the public are when he's emotionally distressed, and even then he seeks Ron and Hermione's support -- Especially Ron's.

    So in conclusion, Harry is an ESTP, and you all are retards for thinking otherwise.

    Gigi -- You're right, Harry is certainly a P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #243
    Yeah, I can fly. Array Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    As for Hogwarts houses, overall:

    Slytherin: ENTJ
    Gryffindor: ESTP
    Ravenclaw: INTP
    Hufflepuff: ISFJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #244
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Harry: ISFP
    Ron: ENFP
    Hermione: ENTJ
    Dumbledore: INFJ
    Snape: INTJ (too INTJ to function)
    Serious: ESFP
    Lupin: ENTP
    Fred and George: ENFP or ENTP
    Luna Lovegood: INFP
    Voldemort: INTJ
    Hagrid: ESFJ, ISFP, INFP, or ENFJ
    Umbridge: ISTJ (omg I wanted to stab that bitch)
    Malfoy: ESTP
    Moaning Murtle: ESFJ
    MacGonnagle: ESTJ
    Ginnie Weasley: ENFJ
    Mrs. Weasley: ESFJ
    Mr. Weasley: ENTP
    Professor Trulani: INFJ (the psychic freak kind)
    Professor Lupin: INFP

  5. #245
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    generally:
    Gryffindor: SP, occassional NF or SJ
    Hufflepuff: SJ, some NFJ
    Ravenclaw: N, a VERY occasional S
    Slytherin: INTP, NTJ, STP (some STPs are sadistic mofos. they will probably admit it too)

  6. #246
    Yeah, I can fly. Array Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Harry. Is. A. Fucking. ESTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steam:

    EDIT: Ron and Hermione are also clearly not intuitive. Hermione is, especially, most certainly not Ni. Dumbledore only looks INFJ, and only up to about book 4 or so. You got most types wrong, but I'll leave it at that for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #247
    Senior Member Array chihuahuasrluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Harry. Is. A. Fucking. ESTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steam:

    EDIT: Ron and Hermione are also clearly not intuitive. Hermione is, especially, most certainly not Ni. Dumbledore only looks INFJ, and only up to about book 4 or so. You got most types wrong, but I'll leave it at that for now.
    I don't why but when you get angry I get amused by it . I agree with you about Harry being an ESTP.

    Hermoine - ISTJ ?
    Ron - ESFP ?

  8. #248
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    I don't why but when you get angry I get amused by it . I agree with you about Harry being an ESTP.

    Hermoine - ISTJ ?
    Ron - ESFP ?
    ESTP is the worst read for Harry Potter I've ever heard...obviously, obviously, obviously ISFP. Wtf are you people thinking?



    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Harry. Is. A. Fucking. ESTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steam:
    That officially settles it. You suck at typology.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    What the hell is "Hiter"? You mean Jupiter?

    Let's break it down for you, and every other person out there obssessed with Harry being an ISFP.

    Harry is not a Feeler.

    Harry has a clear impulsive streak (P trait, not F trait), and he's frequently shown going through emotional distress, but that's because he has led an empotionally jarring life. Thinkers aren't robots, we're just logical. He, however, has demonstrated numerous times an ability to keep a clear and cool head in stressful situations -- even when people around him (Ron particularly) are shitting their pants. He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.
    Your misplaced condescension here is hilarious, considering how incredibly bad your analysis is.

    Impulsive streak, sure, that's P, fine. But keeping a cool head in stressful situations is in no way associated with T above F. That's simply Se being quickly adaptable and responsive to its immediate surroundings, trusting its instincts.

    He dumps Ginny because he feels a moral obligation to keep her out of the danger that would come with her constantly being around him. Virtually all of Harry's reasoning in every single situation throughout the entire series is based on his strong sense of personal ethics based on how he personally feels about what's going on. He's classic SFP: Look into your heart to know what's right, then act on your gut feelings about what seems like the best course of action at the current moment.

    Harry shows virtually zero Ti throughout the entire series, and the only "ESTP" characteristics he has are Se ones that are common among all SP types.

    Placing Harry as a T is just ridiculously bad. Do you know any function theory at all? You do realize the F functions are about derivation of ethics, right? "He doesn't lose his head and go nuts when stress comes up" doesn't make him a T.

    If you're going to argue for T, try giving an argument for why you see Ti or Te, and why you think it trumps his F function. HINT: It doesn't. Harry Potter embodies Fi, as does the typical fantasy hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Harry is not an Introvert

    Harry seems withdrawn at first glance because he grew up in an abusive muggle family, and was then tossed into a world he knew nothing about. He clearly enjoys being around people, however, as particularly evidenced by how depressed he becomes every summer when he returns to the Dursley's, and the ecstasy of going back to his friends. The only times he withdraws from the public are when he's emotionally distressed, and even then he seeks Ron and Hermione's support -- Especially Ron's.

    So in conclusion, Harry is an ESTP, and you all are retards for thinking otherwise.

    Gigi -- You're right, Harry is certainly a P.
    He's depressed when he's at the Dursleys' because the Dursleys are fucking pricks, not because he's an extrovert. He enjoys being around a few close friends, but is clearly uncomfortable with large crowds and being around new people. He's shy as all hell around girls he's interested in and he rarely speaks up at all except when his strong personal morals have been violated (blatantly Fi.)

    He hates being in the public eye and despises all the constant attention he gets from the life of fame that he never asked for. The clash between his private nature and unwanted celebrity are a running theme throughout the books--he's genuinely embarrassed when people recognize him in public and he hates that he's constantly all over the news and in the papers. He often asks himself, "Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I have just been a regular wizard?" He does not even remotely revel in attention and making a scene the way ESTPs almost invariably do, and he makes all of his decisions based on personal feelings.

    I'm sorry dude but this is some of the absolute worst type analysis I've ever read. Please go read something on this!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #249
    Writing... Array Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    :
    Harry is not a Feeler.

    Harry has a clear impulsive streak (P trait, not F trait), and he's frequently shown going through emotional distress, but that's because he has led an empotionally jarring life. Thinkers aren't robots, we're just logical. He, however, has demonstrated numerous times an ability to keep a clear and cool head in stressful situations -- even when people around him (Ron particularly) are shitting their pants. He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.

    Harry is not an Introvert

    Harry seems withdrawn at first glance because he grew up in an abusive muggle family, and was then tossed into a world he knew nothing about. He clearly enjoys being around people, however, as particularly evidenced by how depressed he becomes every summer when he returns to the Dursley's, and the ecstasy of going back to his friends. The only times he withdraws from the public are when he's emotionally distressed, and even then he seeks Ron and Hermione's support -- Especially Ron's.
    These are good arguments...

    So in conclusion, Harry is an ESTP, and you all are retards for thinking otherwise.
    This is not a good argument.

    Harry:

    SP - yes, definitely, a Se user. Quidditch anyone?

    T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.

    Ti-Fe or Fi-Te? Hmm, difficult one.

    Luna - thinks scientifically?!? Either I missed the whole concept of scientific method or you did. Scientific method: make testable theories and experimentally test them. She believes without testing. She still can be a T, though... what with her tactlessly telling uncomfortable truths... A TP then, because, indeed, her whole belief is consistent. But not scientific.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  10. #250
    Senior Member Array KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    ESTP.... Not a likely Harry Potter type.




    Even if they aren't ESTP, they are a bit closer to it.

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •