User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Riva

Could anyone of you people who typed Snape explain why you believe him to be an INTJ?

Just because he is smart, cynical etc (possesses what we associate with INTJs) it does not make him one.

I am good at listening to people and making them feel alright and sometimes even motivate them. Does it make me a ENFP? NO!

Stop typing people because he has qualities an XXXX have and because you have a XXXX friend who behaves just like him/her.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Could anyone of you people who typed Snape explain why you believe him to be an INTJ?

Just because he is smart, cynical etc (possesses what we associate with INTJs) it does not make him one.

I am good at listening to people and making them feel alright and sometimes even motivate them. Does it make me a ENFP? NO!

Stop typing people because he has qualities an XXXX have and because you have a XXXX friend who behaves just like him/her.
    And how would you type him, if I may ask? I'm really interested.

I'm afraid that Snape is so close to my archetypal image of an INTJ that it would be hard for me to see him as anything else, "science" (*cough*) regardless... However, I think this typing is not unprovable - at least it's pretty obvious to me he's a Fi user (all his life is basically led by Fi - the good version as well as the bad one) and an introvert, which boils it down to only four types. I'd say ISFP is pretty much out of the question, I find his thinking a little too interwined with his feeling for him to be an INFP, and I don't see him as an SJ (although I wouldn't exclude it). INTJ just makes the most sense to me *shrugs*
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ENTP

What about Gilderoy Lockhart?

I'd say he's an ESFJ. Sticks to the same pattern, lives for popularity,...
    Of course, he's more determined by "narcistic" than by any type.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Snape is so INTJ it hurts
    <3

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post

In my opinion, Ron is whatever type Xander from Buffy is, and as I've read a good argument as too why Xander is an ENFP, I'd type Ron an ENFP as well. For one thing, he is definitely not a J.
    Xander is definitely an ENFP. Haven't seen Buffy in years, but his character stands out as such even now IMO.
    j'adore les chats

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Xander is such an ENTP: sarcastical joker, openly critical, values justice more than mercy, usually the guy who takes things the least earthy and the most cynically (after Spike) as opposed as Buffy or Willow for examples who are real FPs. I notably remember one episode, for example where Buffy tell alarmed to Xander "I'm telling you there's stranges things happening" and Xander just answer "there's stranges things happening? But it's just our high school motto". The dominant trait of his personality is his cool-headed attitude even in the most stressfull situations. He's hardly geeky and share that trait with the INTPs of the show like Oz or Andrew. Xander judge things firstly with logic and not by how he feel about this. He have not a strong Fi but on the other side, he has a strong Fe and is very concerned with the interest of the Scooby Gang, but he primarly use Ne and Ti to serve it. He show many times the ENTP's hability tho analyse unvisible connections between peoples and see the way they work or fail.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Xander is such an ENTP: sarcastical joker, openly critical, values justice more than mercy, usually the guy who takes things the least earthy and the most cynically (after Spike) as opposed as Buffy or Willow for examples who are real FPs.
    Definitely. And in any case Xander's not the same type as Ron Weasely (who's clearly SP), whoever said that.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    XNFP

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    Definitely. And in any case Xander's not the same type as Ron Weasely (who's clearly SP), whoever said that.
    I dunno about Weasely, I think of an SP as somewhat of a risk taker, I don't really see that with Ron.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

xSFPs are usually more vulnerables to anxiety than xSTPs and that can restrict there leanings to risktaking. I think that Ron is an ESFP 6w7 so/sx and Xander an ENTP 7w6 so/sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP

Does anyone else agree that Harry is INFJ and Dumbledore is INFP?

Many INFJ characteristics seem similar to Harry's personality in the series:

"Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions."

^ Harry is usually stubborn in his viewpoints - often ignoring Hermione's and Dumbledore's judgment. This is evident in Harry's instinctual distrust of certain individuals (e.g. Snape).

"They don't believe in compromising their ideals."

"Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger."

"INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident."

"They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions."

And Dumbledore's personality seems a lot like INFP, rather than INFJ, etc:

"INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic."

^ Reminds me of Dumbledore's letter to Grindelwald.

"INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause"."

^ Sounds a lot like Dumbledore's horcrux search.

"Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well."