User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Hermione is either an ISTJ or an INTJ. She is really practical, but I do think she is a bit more on the curious side. .
    And no, not because I am an ENTP. Can you give me reasons as to why they are not ENTPs? My type does not cloud my judgement.[/QUOTE]

And the folk typological debate rages on.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hermione is either an ISTJ or an INTJ. She is really practical, but I do think she is a bit more on the curious side.
    A Si-dom can't be curious?

I still maintain that an INTJ would never discount a set of potions instructions that are clearly more correct just because they weren't the "official instructions".
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Oh, that is a good point actually.

INTJs are never insanely stuck on rules, though?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, that is a good point actually.

INTJs are never insanely stuck on rules, though?
    They can be (usually their rules, heh). As always, people are individuals before they are types. But that wasn't even a rule. Hermione just didn't want to learn a method that was different than the "accepted" method.

And, as I'm sure has been mentioned in this thread before: N doesn't equal intelligence. Si and Te together are actually a very powerful knowledge base, provided they're used correctly. Consider what type of knowledge she has: sometimes, her answers are word for word from the textbook. She sucked at Divination because it wasn't a subject that could be learned from a book. I've heard speculation before that, were she in Ravenclaw, she wouldn't even be able to get into the common room, which I agree with. She'd spend hours searching for an answer to the "Chicken or egg?" variation in the library before attempting to answer it, and the actual solution would probably frustrate her. She's intelligent, but she isn't intuitive.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    They can be (usually their rules, heh). As always, people are individuals before they are types. But that wasn't even a rule. Hermione just didn't want to learn a method that was different than the "accepted" method.

And, as I'm sure has been mentioned in this thread before: N doesn't equal intelligence. Si and Te together are actually a very powerful knowledge base, provided they're used correctly. Consider what type of knowledge she has: sometimes, her answers are word for word from the textbook. She sucked at Divination because it wasn't a subject that could be learned from a book. I've heard speculation before that, were she in Ravenclaw, she wouldn't even be able to get into the common room, which I agree with. She'd spend hours searching for an answer to the "Chicken or egg?" variation in the library before attempting to answer it, and the actual solution would probably frustrate her. She's intelligent, but she isn't intuitive.
    I know intelligence doesn't equal intuitive. Even though I have read the books many, many, many times I forgot those details.

I suppose she is an ISTJ. Very traditional. Thank you for pointing this out

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

Hermione a Sensor? She's usually the one connecting the dots... But at the other hand, she's really loyal to authority (eg. standard potions book). Authority has to fail bigly before she turns herself against it. And when she's against, she'll stay against...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Imo, Hermione isn't even all that smart. She's just a well organized, 'human' version of the internet. A vast storage of information. Just because she knows a lot of information doesn't make her smart.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SecantSquared View Post
    Imo, Hermione isn't even all that smart. She's just a well organized, 'human' version of the internet. A vast storage of information. Just because she knows a lot of information doesn't make her smart.
    It depends on how you define smart.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

She was intelligent, very much so. One has to be able to smart to understand the complex information you retain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hermione a Sensor? She's usually the one connecting the dots... But at the other hand, she's really loyal to authority (eg. standard potions book). Authority has to fail bigly before she turns herself against it. And when she's against, she'll stay against...
    She does connect dots, but is that using intuition or is that just using her logic to connect the dots?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    She connects the dots because she's the only student who actually appears to be doing any studying in the school. She has excellent memory and always fuzzes over straight facts and details. No doubt she's a Sensor.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.