MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Harry: ISFP
    Hermoine: ISTJ
    Ron: ESFP
    Dumbledore: I-T-

Hermoine was one-hundred percent fact, denounced any of Luna's fantasies, and aimed for the more logical conclusions in a situation. It was like she had an army of knowledge in her brain.

I'm going to agree with someone from a past HP thread in saying that Dumbledore is way to old to really tell, but there seemed to be more predominant qualities of introversion and objective thought. That could be age, though.

Let's make this showy! Array raz's Avatar
    MBTI
    LoLz

Hermione had like mega Si and Te overload.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I know there was a thread like this before, but I still have to ask it - why are the bad guys always NTJ's? It's so annoying.

I don't see why Harry would be a J btw.
    The most memorable bad guys do seem to be XNTJ. Yet, that doesn't mean they all are. You just happen to notice them the most.

Harry - ISFP
    Ron - ESFP
    Hermione - ISTJ
    Dumbledore - IXXJ
    Snape - INtJ
    Voldemort - INTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Xander convinced me that Dumbledore is INTP.Think of all his disclosure of his past history in 6 and 7 as inferior Fe and it makes total sense. The movies do not portray him the same way as the books do.

Same with Hermione. ISTJ children follow rules. She is absolutely IN LOVE with her course of studies at Hogwarts. Typical INJ behavior in those circumstances is to read everything they can, going way beyond grade level to delve into their interests. Her bent to take risks at that age--the potion that changes them into Slytherans, using the time device that lets her take multiple classes, etc. all point to INTJ over ISTJ.

I'm sure there are lots of INJs on this forum who, when they found classes/teachers/professors that honored their intellect and actually let them explore content and theory deeply, were also able to have info at their fingertips because it fascinated them and therefore they processed it in ways that allowed it to stick in their memory.

I am making my observations totally from the books. Movies often distort I personalities since reflection can make for boring cinematography.

As for Harry...I've posted before that type is about normal development. Since he spent the first 11 years of his life in a closet under the stairs, I'm not sure he has a leading cognitive process. He's learning how to interact with friends, how to get help, how to deal with emotions, how to do school, all things normal children learn between teh ages of 2-10 when his only companion (if you can call it that) was Dudley.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

What's the reasoning for Dumbeldore being anything besides an INFJ? Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Also, Voldemort is ENTJ, not I.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

oops, it was Gabe who wrote

I saw the whole thing as an inferior Fe story, with even a demonic Fi part where he admits that he resented being stuck at home with his family, thought he was way to smart to be wasting his time with that.

In the seventh book, we find out what actually lead to his sister's death. For most of his childhood, he ignored his sister because he was "too busy getting awards and being Mr. Brilliant", according to his ESFP brother. Then, after his last year, he actually stayed home to take care of her. And he did okay, but then Grindewald came and he started ignoring his sister to obsess about world domination with Grindewald. When his brother confronted him about it, they all got in a fight and one of them killed his sister.

And he carries his shame about that for the rest of his life.

I thought it was a verrrry inferior Fe story.
    I'd thought hard about INFJ for Dumbledore in the first books, too, but he is too isolated and thinks too strategically rather than emotionally about Harry's needs and what Harry must learn/do and when to survive.
    edcoaching

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Harry: INFj
    Hermione: ESTj
    Ron: ISTp
    Snape: INTj
    Dumbledore: INTp
    Luna Lovegood: INFp
    Arthur Weasley: ENTp
    Molly Weasley: ESFj
    Gilderoy Lockhart: ENFj
    Delores Umbridge: ESFj or ESTj

That's all I've got right now.
    Last edited by The Ü™; 12-17-2008 at 03:41 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    oops, it was Gabe who wrote

I'd thought hard about INFJ for Dumbledore in the first books, too, but he is too isolated and thinks too strategically rather than emotionally about Harry's needs and what Harry must learn/do and when to survive.
    Too strategic? I must be an INTP then.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

What I mean is, Dumbledore seems oblivious to Harry's emotional needs as Book 5 unfolds. Yes INFJs think they know what is best for others, but Dumbledore's approach is one-sided, not being able to step into Harry's shoes at all to determine what an orphaned, in-danger, called-to-danger adolescent might need emotionally going forward. He actually withdraws from him. That seems inferior Fe, not auxiliary Fe...
    edcoaching

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    What I mean is, Dumbledore seems oblivious to Harry's emotional needs as Book 5 unfolds. Yes INFJs think they know what is best for others, but Dumbledore's approach is one-sided, not being able to step into Harry's shoes at all to determine what an orphaned, in-danger, called-to-danger adolescent might need emotionally going forward. He actually withdraws from him. That seems inferior Fe, not auxiliary Fe...
    Very good point here. When he completely severs his relationship with Harry, he completely reveals his misunderstanding of the emotional needs of a developing orphan, since he is unable to recognize his status as a mentor/father figure to Harry. He imparts his lack of need for emotional support onto others.

Also, Neville Longbottom an INTP? That's insulting, we'd never be that inept.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast