User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

BTW announcing that Dumbledore was gay was just stupid political b.s.
    There is absolutely NOTHING in the books that is even remotely suggestive of ANY sexuality on Dumbledore's part, towards women or men.

And I forgot:

Luna: INFP

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Dumbledore was gay. He fell in love with Grindelwald when Grindelwald came to live with Bathilda Bagshot in Godric's Hallow. Dumbledore was so wrapped up in love that he set aside his fragmenting family responsibilities, and went off on adventures seeking the Deathly Hallows with Grindelwald, and participating in wizard-elitist philosophies that he didn't necessarily agree with, but was pretending/wanting to because he was in love with Grindelwald.
    MMmmmmmk...

Can you give me a page number from the book, or a chapter at least where this is found...I'm not saying I refuse to believe you, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing, and perhaps re-reading about it will change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Can you give me a page number from the book, or a chapter at least where this is found...I'm not saying I refuse to believe you, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing, and perhaps re-reading about it will change my mind.
    It's partially based on the commentaries of the author. I think it can be considered canon.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MMmmmmmk...

Yes. J.K wrote it in such a way that SHE knew what happened between the two, but made it seem like they were just friends. She later said that Dumbledore was gay, so it made it seem obvious that the two were in love. I suppose she didn't make them have an obvious relationship because it's primarily a children's book.
    <3

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Why would anyone think J.K Rowling is an ISFP?! S's don't tend to create fantasy, magical worlds in their heads that then span over the course of seven books, do they? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I still don't really understand the difference between N and S).
    They don't tend to be as inclined to, but if they choose to, they can. However Rowling didn't, anyway. Everything in her wizarding world is taken from obscure folklore and religious symbolism (e.g. stags are symbols of Christ and salvation, and the Latin Harry uses to conjure one suggests that's not a coincidence), which she researched extensively before writing the books. Several British authors had written successful children's stories about 'magic boarding schools' shortly before she did and the basic plot is allegory for the New Testament.

Although it doesn't seem to be her own style particularly, perhaps because she's primarily writing for children, she's said that she likes reading books that include lots of detailed description and paint a vivid picture - which is something introverted Se-users will be more likely to have the patience for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    They don't tend to be as inclined to, but if they choose to, they can. However Rowling didn't, anyway. Everything in her wizarding world is taken from obscure folklore and religious symbolism (e.g. stags are symbols of Christ and salvation, and the Latin Harry uses to conjure one suggests that's not a coincidence), which she researched extensively before writing the books. Several British authors had written successful children's stories about 'magic boarding schools' shortly before she did and the basic plot is allegory for the New Testament.

Although it doesn't seem to be her own style particularly, perhaps because she's primarily writing for children, she's said that she likes reading books that include lots of detailed description and paint a vivid picture - which is something introverted Se-users will be more likely to have patience for.

Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?
    <3

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

BTW announcing that Dumbledore was gay was just stupid political b.s.
    There is absolutely NOTHING in the books that is even remotely suggestive of ANY sexuality on Dumbledore's part, towards women or men.
    Not necessarily. I don't know the circumstances in which she announced it, but when interviewed it's not uncommon for authors to talk about things they think about the characters, and the backstory and plot, that aren't actually spelled out in the books. And there's nothing wrong with that. The fact that it's viewed in any way politically is due to society, not due to her actions.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?
    If I had the time, I think it would be fun.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Anyone think that Voldemort might just be an ENFP gone horribly wrong? Tom Riddle was quite the smooth talker...
    Voldemort extravert?!? No way. He was a talker, yes, but he always kept a secret agenda. He thought people as inferior and annoying to him - and was so happy he was NOT of them. He didn't belong to the Muggles when he was with them. He didn't belong to the wizards when he was with them, either. He was superior to them. He uses people, and talking is just a means to manipulate them.
    Wizard ENFP along muggles: "Hey, look at this! What if I try that out on our teacher?"

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Draco Malfoy is so ENTP it hurts
    Please explain this one. I don't know his type, but for some reason I can't see an ENTP in him. If it's so clear, I want to know!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Not necessarily. I don't know the circumstances in which she announced it, but when interviewed it's not uncommon for authors to talk about things they think about the characters, and the backstory and plot, that aren't actually spelled out in the books. And there's nothing wrong with that. The fact that it's viewed in any way politically is due to society, not due to her actions.
    I suppose she is entitled to her ideas since they are her characters, I just can't help but wonder as it is ALSO not uncommon for authors to say things in their books based on current social issues. Controversy sells. Look at Dan Brown.