User Tag List

First 412131415162464 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I don't really see how Hermione could possibly be N. She was an ISxJ postergirl through and through. Completely focused on the established rules. Completely focused on a literal model of the way the Harry Potter world was (S), not at all focused on creating an abstract internal model of the way she thought the world should be (N).
    totally wrong. Shes always protesting something. She sticks to the rules at first but later on becomes dissillusioned.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think the difficulty in seeing ISTJ for Hermy in some people is really that they have a poor understanding of how SJs work. Which isn't surprising, since there are so few here and most people view them as close minded simpletons based on their frustrations with their everyday lives. Saying Hermy can't be an ISTJ because she plots against the government is absurd. ISTJs get their values by incorporating existing values and learned experiences into their personal "compass." Their internal perceptions are stored and collected over time to provide a good benchmark for making future decisions and judgments. If their upbringing does not include a set of values from some institution, they're not going to respect and adhere to that institution if they conflict with what they have already experienced.

Hermione was muggle born, so she brought her already strong work ethic with her to the wizarding world, but from there, her exposure to the wizarding world was completely dominated by the perspectives and experiences she gained of Hogwarts, Harry, and Dumbledore's methods. When the Ministry began to conflict and move against what she knew [Hogwarts, Harry, Dumbledore] it only makes sense she'd be loyal to those she had grown up with and loved.

Saying she must be an N because she plots and moves against the government is silly, and shows a lack of comprehension, interpretation, and respect for Hermy's character and SJs in general.

Likes Mahalka liked this post

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

By the way, it's Hermione that comes up with the "Dumbledore's Army" idea. Harry and Ron were amazed of Hermione not going by the rules. Although, she later was unsure about this decision. Even more after the Sirius'-head-in-the-fireplace talk. She was considering if they were doing the right thing. I suppose many of You remember more from the movie than from the book. In the movie, she says "It's sorta exciting isn't it? Breaking the rules..". Well, not exactly.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

ISFJ. Si: "It is right to do your schoolwork well" "It is wrong for intelligent beings to be held in servitude, because that's what I was taught (in primary school)" "It is wrong for the government to be acting in such a way". Fe: "I will help my friends in a bad situation because they'll always do the same for me". "I empathize with the house elves because I would hate to be in their situation". "I want to do well in school because I want people to be proud of me, and I am proud of successful people".

Jock: Very, VERY good posting.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    INFJs can make mistakes.
    OH SHIT, there goes my carefully built world view. Now I see why Dumbledore is an INFJ!!1

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    But a few posters were saying that Dumbledore was an INTP because of his major screw up in the 7th book, when they obviously can't see that it was all because he was in love.
    Who are those "few posters"? I personally didn't say anything like that, I didn't even imply it.

Averaging how many times I've read each book in the series I would say I have read the entire series five times. Secretly, I have not been able to reconcile with that fact... except for a)I read A LOT of ...errr...more intellectual/substantial things and I will admit I really love the books... can't help it.
    Seriously though, with my keen Myers Briggs typing skills and intense Harry Potter knowledge I will type as many characters as I can...

Harry- ISFP
    Ron- ESFP
    Hermione- ISTJ

Luna Lovegood- INFP
    Neville Longbottom-ISFP

Dumbledore- INFJ
    Snape- INTJ
    McGonagall- ESTJ

Arthur Weasely- ENTP
    Molly Weasley- ESFJ
    Percy Weasley- ISFJ
    Fred and George Weasley- ESTP... George might be an ISTP, he is quieter/the less dominant twin.
    Ginny Weasley- ESFP
    Bill Weasley- ESTP

James Potter- ESTP
    Lily Potter- INFJ
    Sirius Black- ENTP
    Remus Lupin- INFP
    Mad-Eye Moody- ISTJ
    Kingsley Shacklebolt- ENTJ?
    Tonks- ESTP

Voldemort- INTJ
    Lucius Malfoy- ESTJ
    Narcissa Malfoy- ISTJ
    Draco Malfoy- ESTP

Fleur Delacour- ENFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Averaging how many times I've read each book in the series I would say I have read the entire series five times. Secretly, I have not been able to reconcile with that fact... except for a)I read A LOT of ...errr...more intellectual/substantial things and I will admit I really love the books... can't help it.
    Seriously though, with my keen Myers Briggs typing skills and intense Harry Potter knowledge I will type as many characters as I can...

Harry- ISFP
    Ron- ESFP
    Hermione- ISTJ

Luna Lovegood- INFP
    Neville Longbottom-ISFP

Dumbledore- INFJ
    Snape- INTJ
    McGonagall- ESTJ

Arthur Weasely- ENTP
    Molly Weasley- ESFJ
    Percy Weasley- ISFJ
    Fred and George Weasley- ESTP... George might be an ISTP, he is quieter/the less dominant twin.
    Ginny Weasley- ESFP
    Bill Weasley- ESTP

James Potter- ESTP
    Lily Potter- INFJ
    Sirius Black- ENTP
    Remus Lupin- INFP
    Mad-Eye Moody- ISTJ
    Kingsley Shacklebolt- ENTJ?
    Tonks- ESTP

Voldemort- INTJ
    Lucius Malfoy- ESTJ
    Narcissa Malfoy- ISTJ
    Draco Malfoy- ESTP

Fleur Delacour- ENFP
    I second this.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

*Resists the tempation to dive in to another Dumbledore=INTP and Voldemort=ENTJ conversation*

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    *Resists the tempation to dive in to another Dumbledore=INTP and Voldemort=ENTJ conversation*
    Ok, now that I think about it, Voldemort is a straight up ENTJ. He implements his ideas on people. He needs to control people/lead etc... I have no idea why I overlooked this.

To back up the INFJ claim for Dumbledore, refer to the many descriptions of Dumbledore seeming to X-ray people with his eyes, his primary function to me seems to be Introvert Intuition, he had many hunches that were correct (a good example is his trust of Snape), and he can tell how people will react and what they will do (think him giving Ron the Deluminator because he knew that Ron would leave the trio at some point, he would lose his way) , and I think he is driven by Fe ...for the greater good as a means to an end...

I would like to hear your thoughts on why he is an INTP. Just because he is brilliant does not mean he has to be an NT...
    He is definitely a Judging function because he planned out the entire course of defeating Voldemort, and carefully,patiently worked away at it for many years.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Anyone think that Voldemort might just be an ENFP gone horribly wrong? Tom Riddle was quite the smooth talker...