User Tag List

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 648

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

  1. #121
    Senior Member Array SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The only way I can see of ISFJ as being a possibility is if we say that what looks like stereotypical Te behavior is actually Fe, or motivated by Fe.
    The ISFJ possibility could also be explained if there were something in the circumstances of Hermione's environment, something in the circumstances of her upbringing, or something in the circumstances of her life at Hogwarts that would've brought out the T side of her personality more than normal. I'm not saying that I can name any such circumstances. They probably don't even exist. I just feel like pointing out there's so many tiny little nuances and ways of looking at Hermione that any one of them could explain why she might in fact be ISFJ who displays more T-like tendencies than the typical ISFJ would. I don't think there's ever an end to the possibilities that can be used in explaining something about someone's type.

    So, while I agree that ISTJ is more likely, I think that there's so many ways that we could look at Hermione that we can't ever truly rule out the possiblity of her being something else.

    A person's type is never, ever completely certain. I stand by that.

  2. #122
    Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Why don't people want to consider Hermione as an NT or NF?
    NJ's are real sticklers for the rules too. .ya know..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  3. #123
    Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Why don't people want to consider Hermione as an NT or NF?
    NJ's are real sticklers for the rules too. .ya know..
    People make judgments based on what they want to see, and hold on for dear life to them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #124
    Senior Member Array SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    People make judgments based on what they want to see, and hold on for dear life to them.
    Hermione was a genius and an incredibly resourceful young witch. Why on earth wouldn't I want to claim her as an INFJ?

    On another note, OneWithSoul, I have to admit that I'm surprised you're so certain Dumbledore's an INFJ. Didn't you say that Jesus and Gandhi couldn't be INFJ's because they were too smart and too proficient at strategy to be anything but INTJ's? Dumbledore was quite a genius in his own right and had strategic skills and intelligence comparable to that of Gandhi and Jesus. If you're willing to accept than INFJ can be as smart as Dumbledore is, then why aren't you accepting than an INFJ could be as smart as Gandhi and Jesus were?

  5. #125
    Senior Member Array SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    NJ's are real sticklers for the rules too. .ya know..
    No, we're not. NJ's, by nature, go against the rules. Are we sticklers for rules? Sure. But those happen to be our rules. As in, the abstract system of rules that we spend our whole lives bulding in our minds. We could care less about sticking to society's rules, though.

    It is highly, highly unlikely that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Hermione was a genius and an incredibly resourceful young witch. Why on earth wouldn't I want to claim her as an INFJ?

    On another note, OneWithSoul, I have to admit that I'm surprised you're so certain Dumbledore's an INFJ. Didn't you say that Jesus and Gandhi couldn't be INFJ's because they were too smart and too proficient at strategy to be anything but INTJ's? Dumbledore was quite a genius in his own right and had strategic skills and intelligence comparable to that of Gandhi and Jesus. If you're willing to accept than INFJ can be as smart as Dumbledore is, then why aren't you accepting than an INFJ could be as smart as Gandhi and Jesus were?
    I said Jesus and Ghandi could not have been INFPs. Again- people were judging them to be so because they were dreaming-loving-caring-peaceful-leaders.

    I once said Jesus and Ghandi were INTJs. I don't necessarily stand by that anymore, because I think INFJ is a better fit.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #127
    Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    No, we're not. NJ's, by nature, go against the rules. Are we sticklers for rules? Sure. But those happen to be our rules. As in, the abstract system of rules that we spend our whole lives bulding in our minds. We could care less about sticking to society's rules, though.

    It is highly, highly unlikely that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact.
    I hope you know that you aren't speaking for every NJ when they say that.

    I clearly know many NJs who are sticklers for rules.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  8. #128
    Senior Member Array SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I hope you know that you aren't speaking for every NJ when they say that.

    I clearly know many NJs who are sticklers for rules.
    I'm not speaking for all NJ's. That's why I said "It is highly, highly unlikely that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact."

    As opposed to:

    "It is impossible that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact."

    Again- people were judging them to be so because they were dreaming-loving-caring-peaceful-leaders.
    I don't recall that. When Quinlan made that thread saying that he thought Gandhi was an INFP, his argument and reasoning behind it went quite a bit deeper than four words like "dreaming-loving-caring-peaceful."

  9. #129
    Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Ok.

    I agree.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  10. #130
    Is Willard in Footloose!! Array CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I'm not speaking for all NJ's. That's why I said "It is highly, highly unlikely that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact."

    As opposed to:

    "It is impossible that an NJ would hold the same kind of unquestioning devotion to society's rules that Hermione does. Fact."
    Hermione plays by the rules but still goes against social acceptablity a lot. SPEW for example. Amongst other things.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •