User Tag List

First 210111213142262 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

K.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Recall how she likes to belittle even her own friends for their ignorance, how she likes to plan and structure their lives for them, and how she has no problem berating others for their stupidity?
    I was raised by an ISFJ- one who did all those things and did them VERY frequently.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You really really don't want to budge even a centimeter off of your post, do you?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    You really really don't want to budge even a centimeter off of your post, do you?
    What makes you think that? I've changed my mind (and I apologize for not mentioning it). I can see Hermione being either ISFJ or ISTJ right now. I was just pointing out something that could be characteristic of an ISFJ the same way it could be characteristic of an ISTJ.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I was setting up to explain what I thought was a better method, which I edited in. I should have left out the last sentence of the statement that you quoted.
    Personally, I'd say keep it. Debates help each other throw out the lesser ideas for the better.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I was raised by an ISFJ- one who did all those things and did them VERY frequently.
    Okay, but if we're going by something that we can all reference, namely function descriptions, then you have to admit that those things all sound pretty Te, n'est pas?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Okay, but if we're going by something that we can all reference, namely function descriptions, then you have to admit that those things all sound pretty Te, n'est pas?
    They do, which would tip the favor of Hermione's type being ISTJ at this moment in the discussion. I'm simply pointing out that the possibility of her being ISFJ is still quite alive, in my opinion (and I again apologize for not clarifying that earlier).

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

It may seem that way because of Ni or Si. Many IJs don't show how their perception had changed and will instead input the new thoughts in their arguments. Ni/Si users can take awhile to switch positions because they need to examine the entire scope of a situation. Ne/Se is more comfortable with traveling from idea to idea, sans the boundaries.

Ni/Si can budge a centimeter... just in their minds. They keep these things to themselves.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    They do, which would tip the favor of Hermione's type being ISTJ at this moment in the discussion. I'm simply pointing out that the possibility of her being ISFJ is still quite alive, in my opinion (and I again apologize for not clarifying that earlier).
    Gotcha. But I still think ISFJ is not a real possibility. Even if I were to admit that all of the examples of her emotionality were more Fe than Fi, that admission would still stand in the face of her overwhelmingly Te personality.

The only way I can see of ISFJ as being a possibility is if we say that what looks like stereotypical Te behavior is actually Fe, or motivated by Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Personally, I'd say keep it. Debates help each other throw out the lesser ideas for the better.
    Well I'm keeping it because I'm too lazy to go back and edit it out, but your reason sounds just as good .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Haha! It reminds me of what my XXXP friends would say. (Anyway, I'm out for now. Later. )