MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    see above.

Plus, she uses Ni in the last few books. She's definitely the plotter between the trio.
    Can ISTJs also plot? Do they plan out their lives?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ

Rowling could have re-characterized her because she needed Hermione to be a bit more of an N to get Harry through it all.
    Why would Rowling need to make Hermione more N-like? Why not just make her smart and supportive? That's hardly something that Hermione would have to switch to N to be like.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I skim. LOL. My bad.
    For shame!

I dunno. If she was more N in the last books, I missed it, but as previously mentioned I can't remember past the 5th book anyway.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Can ISTJs also plot? Do they plan out their lives?
    I'm not saying they don't, but seriously? An ISTJ breaking into the government? An ISTJ succesfully breaking into the government? An ISTJ plotting to break into the government? I know I'm being slightly judgmental right now, but I cannot see ISTJ for her in the last few books. In the first few, definitely.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Hermione could read Harry when Ron couldn't. She knew what he was thinking, she knew when his scar hurt, and she knew what to do about it. Especially in DH.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't really see how Hermione could possibly be N. She was an ISxJ postergirl through and through. Completely focused on the established rules. Completely focused on a literal model of the way the Harry Potter world was (S), not at all focused on creating an abstract internal model of the way she thought the world should be (N).

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I'm not saying they don't, but seriously? An ISTJ breaking into the government? An ISTJ succesfully breaking into the government? An ISTJ plotting to break into the government? I know I'm being slightly judgmental right now, but I cannot see ISTJ for her in the last few books. In the first few, definitely.
    Their plan would be more down-to-earth -- relying on the data they already know --; the INJs will depend more on their "haunches", which isn't necessarily supported by the current reality. (Recall how critical Hermione was of Harry's tertiary Ni in the 7th book.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I don't really see how Hermione could possibly be N. She was an ISxJ postergirl through and through. Completely focused on the established rules. Completely focused on a literal model of the way the Harry Potter world was (S), not at all focused on creating an abstract internal model of the way she thought the world should be (N).
    She broke into the Ministry of Magic. She plotted it all out! Harry and Ron could have never done so. Seriously? You can't see N at all through this? I can see S, but I prefer N for her.

To negate my position: Her not believing in the possibility of the Deathly Hallows after Xenophilius' house is a total S thing to do.

There, I'm contributing to both sides because I am not allowing myself to take fictional typology seriously.

I give up, ya'll can think of her as a Sensor. I think otherwise.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    We need something to interpret, don't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Yes, there is no one right answer or truth. However, what makes literary debates intriguing is deciding which interpretation has the best support.
    Yeah, I agree. I was setting up to explain what I thought was a better method, which I edited in. I should have left out the last sentence of the statement that you quoted.

On topic, I'll repeat that I think Hermione is OVERALL more logical than emotional. She has her emotional moments, sure, but her character's normal state involves her being bossy, compulsively organized, achievement oriented, and no-nonsense. Like a Te dom or aux. Recall how she likes to belittle even her own friends for their ignorance, how she likes to plan and structure their lives for them, and how she has no problem berating others for their stupidity. She has too much Te to be an ISFJ, even if you think she shows evidence of Fe sometimes (during her emotional episodes, which are much less frequent in relation to her everyday self).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ

I know I'm being slightly judgmental right now
    To be blunt, I have to agree with you. Stop typing Hermione based on her abilities. That's a very narrow-minded and dangerous way of typing somone. Type her based on her preferences and tendencies. They point to her being an SJ.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: