User Tag List

First 891011122060 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Maybe, but Hermione was a very emotional-oriented girl. She was strict with herself and a stickler for rules through the first few books, but her emotional instability and passion was clear as day especially into the last book. She didn't really find a lot of logic in Harry and what he did, but she stayed by his side, hardly questioning his motives, and risked her life numerous times in his name. To me, it seems like a clear INFJ thing to do. An INTJ would seem to have a harder time leaving school to run around with a friend with no clear plan or anything.

And I think Hermione is the definition of Fe. Seriously, how does she not show a hair of Fe?
    Wait...are you arguing INFJ for Hermione?

That's crazy talk. She reeks of SJ for exactly the reasons you mention: loyalty and adherence to inner standards which could very well mean dropping out of school to support her friend in his very important cause.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    That's Fe right there. Creating some kind of symbol or metaphor to represent an emotional value like freedom is Fe.
    Ehh not really. Symbol and metaphor are more N territory than Fe territory, I don't think it means anything. And she didn't create the symbol, the symbol already existed because that's how house elves are freed.

It is how one would implement such a campaign. I would think that an F and a T alike would be able to look at a campaign like that and realize that the most effective way to carry it out would be to make sure that as many people as possible know about it. The archetypal Fe-leaders like MLK and Gandhi tried their best to spread their message far and wide. So, I don't think raising awareness can indicate a preference for either F or T.
    Yup, so basically I don't think it's that good of an example. I just think it's important to note that SPEW doesn't even remotely disqualify her from being T.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post

That's crazy talk. She reeks of SJ for exactly the reasons you mention: loyalty and adherence to inner standards which could very well mean dropping out of school to support her friend in his very important cause.
    The worst practice of Ni: Criticizing Harry for not following the 'rules' in the standard potions book (HBP). Ni doesn't care about the regulations, it depends on their inner intuition and getting right to the end point.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I was necessarily pointing to INFJ or ISFJ (I see her as either one) but was arguing INTJ. I think someone was claiming her as an INTJ or ISTJ, might have been you even.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    The worst practice of Ni: Criticizing Harry for not following the 'rules' in the standard potions book (HBP). Ni doesn't care about the regulations, it depends on their inner intuition and getting right to the end point.
    see above.

Plus, she uses Ni in the last few books. She's definitely the plotter between the trio.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Ehh not really. Symbol and metaphor are more N territory than Fe territory, I don't think it means anything. And she didn't create the symbol, the symbol already existed because that's how house elves are freed.
    Yes, I remember now. Hermione started hiding those clothes around the houserooms trying to trick the house elves into picking them up. I completely forgot about that. That does seem more T than F.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Lol yea I'd crack up if I heard that kind of thing come out of an Ni dom's mouth. I mean, we can definitely be a little uptight, but not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Yes, I remember now. Hermione started hiding those clothes around the houserooms trying to trick the house elves into picking them up. I completely forgot about that. That does seem more T than F.
    Haha, yes, us T's and our sneaking around

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I was necessarily pointing to INFJ or ISFJ (I see her as either one) but was arguing INTJ. I think someone was claiming her as an INTJ or ISTJ, might have been you even.
    My dear you should really try looking at previous posts. I was arguing ISTJ. I don't think anyone was arguing INTJ. What exactly are you saying she is?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Is it safe to say she was more of an ISFJ in the first few books, and then slightly converted to INFJ in the last? Rowling could have re-characterized her because she needed Hermione to be a bit more of an N to get Harry through it all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My dear you should really try looking at previous posts. I was arguing ISTJ. I don't think anyone was arguing INTJ. What exactly are you saying she is?
    I skim. LOL. My bad.