• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edward Norton's type

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Judging by the roles he tends to play, which may or may not be reliable, I would say INTP. Although, in Fight Club, he played an ENTP under stress (resembling an ISFJ).

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
you believe in the shadow theory i take it?

i always thought it was bunkus. like freuds death urge

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I'm not sure what type he is. I know that whatever it is I am attracted to it!! He is in my top 5 of sexiest people in Hollywood. (OH and in "the painted veil" (an NF movie I'd say) you get to see him naked-Yummy!!!)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gut reaction is IxTx.
- ISTP
- INTP
- ISTJ

Did not feel much like an INTJ though (Anthony Hopkins can be used as comparison for a stereotypical INTJ male actor).

I did not "read" Norton as an E in Fight Club, he seemed very I to me. (Not sure where the "E" reading came from.) Brad Pitt was more E than he was in that movie. Even the scenes where Norton was 'commanding' his mini-army, he came across as an I who didn't know intuitively how to interact with many people at once, trying to impose rules and commands... the character was struggling with being extroverted.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Economica, not to sound like a prick, but I have a hard time taking you seriously with that type-apologetic signature.

It's not type-apologetic, it's type-aggressive. Like you've just discovered in that other thread. :devil:

(Like I write in my profile, exceptions to my signature know who they are.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gut reaction is IxTx.
- ISTP
- INTP
- ISTJ

Did not feel much like an INTJ though (Anthony Hopkins can be used as comparison for a stereotypical INTJ male actor).

I did not "read" Norton as an E in Fight Club, he seemed very I to me. (Not sure where the "E" reading came from.) Brad Pitt was more E than he was in that movie. Even the scenes where Norton was 'commanding' his mini-army, he came across as an I who didn't know intuitively how to interact with many people at once, trying to impose rules and commands... the character was struggling with being extroverted.

I'd like to restructure my statement, because I had a revelation last night.

If you haven't seen Fight Club, but would like to, I wouldn't recommend reading below:

I think Edward Norton in Fight Club was an ISxJ under stress (and an Enneagram Type 9). Unhealthy or stressed Si's tend to exhibit catatonic behavior -- such as staring blankly and non-reflectively (at a television screen or something) but not comprehending with a Judgment function. This is what causes hallucinations and multiple personalities (hence his ENTP counterpart, Tyler Durden).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to restructure my statement, because I had a revelation last night.

I think Edward Norton in Fight Club was an ISxJ under stress (and an Enneagram Type 9).

Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character. Even his occupation is standard ISTJ-style work.

I am surprised, though, that no one seems interested in typing Meatloaf's "superboob" Bob character. Poor Bob. :cry:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character.

But what about the real EN? Won't anyone check out the interviews I linked to in the OP? :puppy_dog_eyes:

From the written one:

A lot of people have been responding to Tyler as a sort of Nietzschean ubermensch in the sense that he's advocating liberation of the human individual through the rejection and destruction of the institutions and value systems that are enslaving us. Now, that's certainly correct. But the tension in the film comes from my character asking, What are the limitations of a nihilistic attitude? It can be enthralling, it can be seductive, it can feel liberating on certain levels. But at what point do the practical applications of it start to become exactly the things they're critiquing, and at what point do Tyler's initiatives start to dehumanize people just as much? I like that the film raises those questions, but then it dumps them in your lap and leaves you to sort it all out instead of supplying you an easy answer.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character. Even his occupation is standard ISTJ-style work.

I am surprised, though, that no one seems interested in typing Meatloaf's "superboob" Bob character. Poor Bob. :cry:

Bob had bitch tits.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no way, Anthony Hopkins is an NF, probably INFJ.

Why? I see little evidence of any sort of F out of him, whether in his movie roles OR in person. You will have to fight for this one. :D

Ed Norton's an INTJ

I'm not sure what he is yet, except most likely NT based on the style and tone of the snippet that Economica posted by him...

And a certain unnamed moderator was jealous.

Cafe would look very silly (and suffer immediate scoliosis) if she were given the gift that Bob unexpectedly received.