• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edward Norton's type

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some sources say Anthony Hopkins is an ISTJ.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Definately INT. He seems more confident than I would assume an INTP would be, but any famous actor is obviously going to be pretty comfortable with themselves. So...I'd have to say INTP.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Definately INT. He seems more confident than I would assume an INTP would be, but any famous actor is obviously going to be pretty comfortable with themselves. So...I'd have to say INTP.

I'm leaning toward INTP too (and certain of INT). I really wish a male INTP (or someone who knows one well) would come forward with a positive recognition though.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
ZOMG breakthrough!

I took the INTP typing of Edward Norton to INTPc and two important objections to the typing came up:

I looked up another interview he did, complaining that there shouldn't be so many giveaways at the Oscars since the actors are rich already. (...)

His liberalism seems more emotive based than policy based. NT liberals I find use different language when they talk about helping the poor. It's more of analytical approach versus we should help them because they simply need it.

This thread is interesting to see that confusing fine line between NF/NT.
Edward Norton comes across as a confident NF. Possibly an INFJ. Compare him with your average INFJ.

Based on these objections (compare especially the 7 minute interview from the OP with the INFJ clip JBHunt links to - quite apart from the looks I find the similarities eerie) I am now leaning toward an INFJ typing for Edward Norton. What say you?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I say that typing celebrities based on interviews has now become an utterly and wastefully pointless endeavor.

But that's just me. :whistling:

My endeavor is pain-staking and mistakes will be made :yes: but that doesn't mean success is impossible. :D I do not rest until I get convincing personal testimony of recognition. (Check this out.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say Norton's character in American History X is a solid INTJ.

(He even has the shaved head that supposedly so common amongst male INTJs.)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
For the benefit of other interested parties:

Edward Norton is hard to tell. He stands out as an actor cause of the diversity of his roles. This makes it particulary difficult to tell his type.
But after reading that interview on Fight Club, I'm pretty sure he's INFJ. (the complexity & abstractness of his answers, the collective awareness in his answers, ...) I'd put money on that :)

(vince is an INFJ. :))

I'd loooove to hear from other male INFJs, particularly if they/you care to watch the interview clips.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
he is such a Ti guy. Se or Ne.
reminds me of george bush
or this guy from good morning vietnam (Bruno Kirby)
seems to be shadow thing going on, cause both of infy and infz either hate or love him.

deleted
Hell no. He's a walking talking romantic. Every picture he strikes a new pose. Youtube interviews he talks and acts like most INFPs I know in interviews, and he is knowledgeable of many emotions and extremely influenced by the feeling tones in his roles. Just listen to the interactions he describes in videos.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
zero F about him. and yes, TI guys are THE romantics.
romatics are all bout anal stage like disconnecting of ideas and authentic feelings, confusing ideas for feelings. the hole point of Ti.
my Ti father has like a million of family fotos instead of a wallpaper all over the house, and he does not care that his family hates him, as long as he tells us how to pose for fotos and we obey.

staged faked show-off F.

maybe i can pull out from by bookmarks that blog of an Ti intj who even calls himself like "the romantic".
no, dont find it.

think of the singer of OOMPH. dero, describes himself as all romantic. gothic style, lucky seven

OOMPH - Google Bilder

OOMPH! - OOMPH! - DERO

deleted
That's very original of you. Assuming a fake role because he's on the big screen. EN is a real performer, he doesn't put on fake roles. He delivers himself, whatever himself may be.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i am talking about his guts. as seen in his face and overall expression.

this guy has zero F. cold cocking bigmouth he is.

you should ask a feeling type.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i will tell them that Edward Norton is obviously ENFJ. whatever makes them happy

deleted
He could have Ti if he were actually an INFJ. He has a good amount of Fe, almost as much as Fi. He's not a T. Especially not with functions.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hell no. He's a walking talking romantic. Every picture he strikes a new pose. Youtube interviews he talks and acts like most INFPs I know in interviews, and he is knowledgeable of many emotions and extremely influenced by the feeling tones in his roles. Just listen to the interactions he describes in videos.

Edward Norton is an ISTJ. He refers to the past a lot, but details are very cut-and-dry. Doesn't come across as having his head in the clouds at all. He's beta, though. ISTJs and INFPs are similar in that regard. I see introversion, locked into "what was" without much feeling, and is quietly smug about it all.

INFPs are slow-building in explanations and trail off steadily, mouth open, maybe begin to say "yeah" but only let out a "yeee-..." because sounding like a stoner is better than sounding like a valley girl, and that goes until the interviewer jumps in. He doesn't do this so, based what I've seen so far in life and on tv, Norton is an ISTJ.