User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

(Like I write in my profile, exceptions to my signature know who they are.)
    Yes, but do they care?

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    It's not type-apologetic, it's type-aggressive. Like you've just discovered in that other thread.

(Like I write in my profile, exceptions to my signature know who they are.)
    Fair enough.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Gut reaction is IxTx.
    - ISTP
    - INTP
    - ISTJ

Did not feel much like an INTJ though (Anthony Hopkins can be used as comparison for a stereotypical INTJ male actor).

I did not "read" Norton as an E in Fight Club, he seemed very I to me. (Not sure where the "E" reading came from.) Brad Pitt was more E than he was in that movie. Even the scenes where Norton was 'commanding' his mini-army, he came across as an I who didn't know intuitively how to interact with many people at once, trying to impose rules and commands... the character was struggling with being extroverted.
    I'd like to restructure my statement, because I had a revelation last night.

If you haven't seen Fight Club, but would like to, I wouldn't recommend reading below:

I think Edward Norton in Fight Club was an ISxJ under stress (and an Enneagram Type 9). Unhealthy or stressed Si's tend to exhibit catatonic behavior -- such as staring blankly and non-reflectively (at a television screen or something) but not comprehending with a Judgment function. This is what causes hallucinations and multiple personalities (hence his ENTP counterpart, Tyler Durden).

MBTI
    INTJ

No INTPs willing to claim EN?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'd like to restructure my statement, because I had a revelation last night.

I think Edward Norton in Fight Club was an ISxJ under stress (and an Enneagram Type 9).
    Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character. Even his occupation is standard ISTJ-style work.

I am surprised, though, that no one seems interested in typing Meatloaf's "superboob" Bob character. Poor Bob.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character.
    But what about the real EN? Won't anyone check out the interviews I linked to in the OP?

From the written one:

A lot of people have been responding to Tyler as a sort of Nietzschean ubermensch in the sense that he's advocating liberation of the human individual through the rejection and destruction of the institutions and value systems that are enslaving us. Now, that's certainly correct. But the tension in the film comes from my character asking, What are the limitations of a nihilistic attitude? It can be enthralling, it can be seductive, it can feel liberating on certain levels. But at what point do the practical applications of it start to become exactly the things they're critiquing, and at what point do Tyler's initiatives start to dehumanize people just as much? I like that the film raises those questions, but then it dumps them in your lap and leaves you to sort it all out instead of supplying you an easy answer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Based on your comment and my personal observations during that movie, I would endorse an ISTJ reading (as a "best fit") for Norton's Fight Club character. Even his occupation is standard ISTJ-style work.

I am surprised, though, that no one seems interested in typing Meatloaf's "superboob" Bob character. Poor Bob.
    Bob had bitch tits.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Bob had bitch tits.
    And a certain unnamed moderator was jealous.

MBTI
    ENTP

Did not feel much like an INTJ though (Anthony Hopkins can be used as comparison for a stereotypical INTJ male actor).
    no way, Anthony Hopkins is an NF, probably INFJ.

Ed Norton's an INTJ
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    no way, Anthony Hopkins is an NF, probably INFJ.
    Why? I see little evidence of any sort of F out of him, whether in his movie roles OR in person. You will have to fight for this one.

Ed Norton's an INTJ
    I'm not sure what he is yet, except most likely NT based on the style and tone of the snippet that Economica posted by him...

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    And a certain unnamed moderator was jealous.
    Cafe would look very silly (and suffer immediate scoliosis) if she were given the gift that Bob unexpectedly received.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft