• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Athletes

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know it's hard to determine the mbti of phrases like "oh you know we just gotta take it one day at a time, nawmean?" or "yee yee we gotta just give 110 percent, get in dere and execute," but there are some athletes who make their presence felt a bit more than that in interviews or off-field antics. i'm talkin about like

terrell owens - ESTP?

chad ocho cinco - def ESTP

shaq - INTP?

uh who are some other dynamic sports stars. allen iverson? steve young? i think that guys INTJ. uhhhh fuckin, charles barkley, ENTJ? iono, disagree with me or come up with more people.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
T.O - ESTP
McNabb - ESFJ
Shaq - ESTJ/P
A.I - ISTP
Charles Barkley - ESTP
Steve Young - ISFJ
Barry Saunders - INFJ

I think most athletes are Sensors.

For some reason, I always felt Tim Duncon was an INFP.

I have to think of some more.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
These are how it seems like to me:

Shaq - ESTP
Kobe Bryant - INFJ
Michael Jordan - ISTP
Allen Iverson - ISTP
Paul Pierce - ENFP
Charles Barkley - ESFP
Tim Duncan - INTP

T.O. - ESFP
Chad Ocho Cinco - ESFP

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP

Shaq - ESTP
Kobe Bryant - INFJ
Michael Jordan - ISTP
Allen Iverson - ISTP
Paul Pierce - ENFP
Charles Barkley - ESFP
Tim Duncan - INTP

T.O. - ESFP
Chad Ocho Cinco - ESFP

Kobe as an INFJ?? Hmm.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Shaq - ESTP
Kobe Bryant - INFJ
Michael Jordan - ISTP
Allen Iverson - ISTP
Paul Pierce - ENFP
Charles Barkley - ESFP
Tim Duncan - INTP

T.O. - ESFP
Chad Ocho Cinco - ESFP

Kobe as an INFJ?? Hmm.

I think so... I'm going to break it down for Kobe Bryant.

I - He's definitely introverted, Kobe's not a people person for sure. He is more of a family guy, and he doesn't get along with everyone.

N - Although his coach Phil Jackson preaches "carpe diem", or seizing the moment (present). But Kobe is a hard worker, and he works towards eventual goals.

F - This one was the toughest category, but I think he's a feeler, because although he may not show raw emotion, he displays it sometimes in games and what not. Now that I think about it actually, this could go either way because T's accept conflict as normal and they also work towards accomplishment (both of which describe Kobe).

J - As mentioned before, Bryant works towards future goals, he is definitely a planner. He is one of the most hard-working athletes in the world. Also, P's like to mix work and play together, and Kobe on the court just doesn't do that. I've rarely seen him smile when on the court.

Hence, he's either INFJ or INTJ.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think so... I'm going to break it down for Kobe Bryant.

I can see I, F, and J, but N I don't see. He seems very much like a Sensor to me. Js work towards goals too. Especially SJs.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hm... maybe you two are right, that he's an S rather than an N. He's more firm and direct rather than too empathetic, which would mean he's a T rather than F, eventually making him an ISTJ.

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] says Kobe Bryant might be ISFP with well developed Te in this thread:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16155&p=1903160

He is probably a Te user, leaving the potential types for Kobe as IxFP or IxTJ, and no he is not extraverted. I personally think Kobe is 3w4 INTJ, but this typing is highly questionable. Kobe is too tough to type!
Then again Kobe does have a lot of ISTP tendencies, since he is the steriotypical athlete or jock and is quite action oriented and spontaneously in them moment, and like most ISTPs, off the court he relaxes.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I think most athletes are Sensors.

Depends on a kind of sport. Weight lifting (+ shot put, maybe hammer throw) - all or almost all. Sprint running - most may be intuitive.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My typing opinions on who I believe to be the 3 greatest legendary athletes of all time:

3. Michael Jordan - ISTP 7w8 so/sp

2. Kobe Bryant - INTJ 3w4 sp/sx

1. Zinedine Zidane - INTP 6w5 sp/so