User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Jimi Hendrix

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Jimi Hendrix

I have been listening to Room Full of Mirrors, an autobiography of Jimi Hendrix, and it has, so far, been a very interesting and addicting listen.

From it, I have infered that he strikes me as an ISFP and I will explain.

I- This is obvious, for he, throughout the book, is described as being "withdrawn" and the "quiet one". He is also stated as being Introverted, specifically, by the reader a few times.

SP- It's also obvious; he struggles to keep his head up, and drops out of high school for his guitar. Not that I'm trying to make a point here, though. His P is really strong; he's constantly wandering around, moving from one place to another, never settling down.

F- He lived a hard life, and his mother died when he was a teen. He was stated as sobbing, and wheeping nonstop, and he was always talking about how he going to go live with her in heaven. He was described by the author as "sensative" and he always gave off the F vibe with his girlfriends, and he, next to the guitar, they were his life. He wrote their names on his few first guitars, and was stated by the author as "always thinking about his girlfriends"

That being said, I want to know what you know and think, and if you have any ideas or facts to share that will further our veiw of Jimi.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I agree. No type has such a potential for the easygoing lover as an ISFP.

MBTI
    ENFP

Interesting. I was thinking he might be an INFP. I'm not too sure though. What makes him come across as an S?
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nothing of importance to add...just that i love...love...love jimi hendrix...brilliant.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I hate how so many of the good musicians get typed as INFP, but that is what I'll type him as, INxP as a second guess. I've always been a fan and have seen plenty of interviews and films on him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ISFP. Totally a Composer Artisan.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I had considered INFP but he struck me more as an SP for the total dropping out of school for guitar playing..but I can see why he may be an INFP too, but my best friend is xSFP and he has a lot of similar traits.

I guess INFP can be considered, but I still feel he's an ISFP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4w3

ISFP

ISFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

INFPs drop out of school, too. But I'm inclined to agree that Jimi's an ISFP. His lyrics seem deceptively N but I think a close look reveals that they come from an imaginitive sensor.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii