• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is teh Flak?

What MBTI type is teh Flak?

• Total voters

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Says the guy who made up his own system, ignored everyone who disagreed
Which means basically, he ignored everyone
and then made up his own test and ignored everyone who got the "wrong" type. And the guy who types people with his own system which is different from the system everyone else uses and STILL tells them they're wrong.

Yeah.

I don't know if you noticed, but more people typed themselves accurately
You know what I find Jack? Not only are the test questions -- yours and the MBTI -- rigged, and poorly worded, but they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
On top of that, the people on this site (the only ones who've taken the test) are people who've been learning about type for a little while, and have gotten attached to their type.
So they lie on the test so they can get that wonderful validation that they are who they think they are. They probably don't even do it on purpose.

It serves as evidence to the system's validity.
See the above irrefutable points.
Also, you seem to think that type is based on evidence of validity.
It's not if you're doing it right.
And I know you're not doing it right because you didn't know that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
On top of that, the people on this site (the only ones who've taken the test) are people who've been learning about type for a little while, and have gotten attached to their type.
So they lie on the test so they can get that wonderful validation that they are who they think they are. They probably don't even do it on purpose.

I agree with this. It's very difficult to sort out true self-knowledge from projections based on cursory type information. I'm guilty of it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Which means basically, he ignored everyone
Why would you ignore the fact that I worked quite hard to refine the test so that it would be more accurate for those who tested off-type?

You know what I find Jack? Not only are the test questions -- yours and the MBTI -- rigged, and poorly worded, but they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
This is an attack against all tests, so it's rather irrelevant. I've stated many times myself that tests are unreliable. I only sought to create one which was very short.

See the above irrefutable points.
Also, you seem to think that type is based on evidence of validity.
It's not if you're doing it right.
And I know you're not doing it right because you didn't know that.
It's a matter of comparison. If there's more evidence supporting one method, I tend to favor it. Your favored methods of typing can be readily discounted. For example, you think you notice Fe in someone, and therefore they must be an extrovert, no matter their demeanor.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
The option I wanted isn't on the poll, but I'd go ISTP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why would you ignore the fact that I worked quite hard to refine the test so that it would be more accurate for those who tested off-type?
You didn't work hard, you changed a few words like three or four times.
Besides, working hard is retarded. to get the job done, you need to work smart.
I guess you'll always have next time to get it.

This is an attack against all tests, so it's rather irrelevant.
Hmmm....
I've stated many times myself that tests are unreliable.
I only sought to create one which was very short.
It doesn't sound like you're too much against irrelevance.

Though, it's actually highly relevant, since, an attack against all tests attacks your test, since it is, by identity, a test.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with this. It's very difficult to sort out true self-knowledge from projections based on cursory type information. I'm guilty of it.

So am I.
I used to think I was ISTP.
I even changed some of my answers after thinking for a bit (reworking the concept implications of words so it would still apply) so I would get what I wanted to see.
I didn't even notice that I was doing it 'til I was thinking about it after.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You didn't work hard, you changed a few words like three or four times.
Besides, working hard is retarded. to get the job done, you need to work smart.
Both helps. And I gotta tell ya, it was a lot more than three or four times. I replaced a two or three questions entirely, and reworded every one more times than I know. I posted the changes at least a dozen times, and made many more minor alterations.

I guess you'll always have next time to get it.
The short test is finished for now, and it is what it is.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Both helps. And I gotta tell ya, it was a lot more than three or four times. I replaced a two or three questions entirely, and reworded every one more times than I know. I posted the changes at least a dozen times, and made many more minor alterations.
And it's still fucked up.
I can't decide between NP and TJ.
That's because I have massive T and N. If you knew the real difference of I and E, there would be no question.

Here's a hint: ENTP might be able to "instantly" or "very quickly" or whatever it was you said tell if something is factually wrong based on what they know etc. from the TJ part.

Actually, the TJ part is more like an E_T_ diagnosis than anything else, but not necessarily Te.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
And it's still fucked up.
I can't decide between NP and TJ.
That's because I have massive T and N. If you knew the real difference of I and E, there would be no question.

Here's a hint: ENTP might be able to "instantly" or "very quickly" or whatever it was you said tell if something is factually wrong based on what they know etc. from the TJ part.

Actually, the TJ part is more like an E_T_ diagnosis than anything else, but not necessarily Te.
The overall correlation is positive. Most are choosing the appropriate responses. Without changing the format, which I won't do for several reasons, I see no room for improvement.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

It's also hard to type strangers who don't have an idea of what their type is, and use their results to determine whether the test is working correctly or not.

Typically the way a scientist would test a hypothesis, after creating it [Jack's test] you submit it and the results to peer review [people with understanding of the subject, which in this case means us] before unleashing it upon the public.

That being said, you can't be too sure about how much a person's result is influenced by their bias. You have to trust the subjects to be as honest as possible, and I'm sure a lot of people weren't.

This isn't an endorsement of either side of the argument about Jack's test, just pointing out the problems with testing each group. Do you want unbiased results that don't help you when it comes to determining the validity of your test, or do you want some biased results along with those that actually give you accurate, constructive feedback.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Everyone knock it off, this thread is ridiculous. This thing should be locked or deleted from existence, should never have been created.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The overall correlation is positive. Most are choosing the appropriate responses.
Sorry buddy. They're choosing the responses they know will give them the result they want to hear.
The only way you can test the validity of your test and actually use that point in this debate is to put it to work on people who've never read even a lick of typology material, who then are educated on type material and can confirm the diagnosis.

Everyone else is susceptible, and even prone to lying about themselves and instead answering from their ideal self.

Probably the only exception to this rule is whatever.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Sorry buddy. They're choosing the responses they know will give them the result they want to hear.
There's a counter to this argument, and it's that most people here somewhat subscribe to the old school of function order, and would at least as likely have a bias to test according to that. I imagine some did, but so many people tested against it, against supposed preconceived notions, and in line with my function system, that the merit is hard to deny.
The only way you can test the validity of your test and actually use that point in this debate is to put it to work on people who've never read even a lick of typology material, who then are educated on type material and can confirm the diagnosis.
That would be excellent, please arrange it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I can see Jack being a Nocturne (reason) breed of an ESFJ! :yes:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type