User Tag List

View Poll Results: What MBTI type is teh Flak?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

    2 5.13%
  • INTP

    19 48.72%
  • ENTP

    1 2.56%
  • DICK

    12 30.77%
  • ISTP

    3 7.69%
  • ESFJ

    2 5.13%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 68

  1. #21
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Says the guy who made up his own system, ignored everyone who disagreed
    Which means basically, he ignored everyone
    and then made up his own test and ignored everyone who got the "wrong" type. And the guy who types people with his own system which is different from the system everyone else uses and STILL tells them they're wrong.

    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't know if you noticed, but more people typed themselves accurately
    You know what I find Jack? Not only are the test questions -- yours and the MBTI -- rigged, and poorly worded, but they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
    On top of that, the people on this site (the only ones who've taken the test) are people who've been learning about type for a little while, and have gotten attached to their type.
    So they lie on the test so they can get that wonderful validation that they are who they think they are. They probably don't even do it on purpose.

    It serves as evidence to the system's validity.
    See the above irrefutable points.
    Also, you seem to think that type is based on evidence of validity.
    It's not if you're doing it right.
    And I know you're not doing it right because you didn't know that.
    we fukin won boys

  2. #22
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
    On top of that, the people on this site (the only ones who've taken the test) are people who've been learning about type for a little while, and have gotten attached to their type.
    So they lie on the test so they can get that wonderful validation that they are who they think they are. They probably don't even do it on purpose.
    I agree with this. It's very difficult to sort out true self-knowledge from projections based on cursory type information. I'm guilty of it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Which means basically, he ignored everyone
    Why would you ignore the fact that I worked quite hard to refine the test so that it would be more accurate for those who tested off-type?

    You know what I find Jack? Not only are the test questions -- yours and the MBTI -- rigged, and poorly worded, but they also require the test taker to know things about themselves which are impossible to really know.
    On top of that, the people on this site (the only ones who've taken the test) are people who've been learning about type for a little while, and have gotten attached to their type.
    So they lie on the test so they can get that wonderful validation that they are who they think they are. They probably don't even do it on purpose.
    This is an attack against all tests, so it's rather irrelevant. I've stated many times myself that tests are unreliable. I only sought to create one which was very short.

    See the above irrefutable points.
    Also, you seem to think that type is based on evidence of validity.
    It's not if you're doing it right.
    And I know you're not doing it right because you didn't know that.
    It's a matter of comparison. If there's more evidence supporting one method, I tend to favor it. Your favored methods of typing can be readily discounted. For example, you think you notice Fe in someone, and therefore they must be an extrovert, no matter their demeanor.

  4. #24
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    The option I wanted isn't on the poll, but I'd go ISTP.

  5. #25
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Why would you ignore the fact that I worked quite hard to refine the test so that it would be more accurate for those who tested off-type?
    You didn't work hard, you changed a few words like three or four times.
    Besides, working hard is retarded. to get the job done, you need to work smart.
    I guess you'll always have next time to get it.


    This is an attack against all tests, so it's rather irrelevant.
    Hmmm....
    I've stated many times myself that tests are unreliable.
    I only sought to create one which was very short.
    It doesn't sound like you're too much against irrelevance.

    Though, it's actually highly relevant, since, an attack against all tests attacks your test, since it is, by identity, a test.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #26
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    The option I wanted isn't on the poll, but I'd go ISTP.
    Please feel free to modify, Mr Moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #27
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I agree with this. It's very difficult to sort out true self-knowledge from projections based on cursory type information. I'm guilty of it.
    So am I.
    I used to think I was ISTP.
    I even changed some of my answers after thinking for a bit (reworking the concept implications of words so it would still apply) so I would get what I wanted to see.
    I didn't even notice that I was doing it 'til I was thinking about it after.
    we fukin won boys

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You didn't work hard, you changed a few words like three or four times.
    Besides, working hard is retarded. to get the job done, you need to work smart.
    Both helps. And I gotta tell ya, it was a lot more than three or four times. I replaced a two or three questions entirely, and reworded every one more times than I know. I posted the changes at least a dozen times, and made many more minor alterations.

    I guess you'll always have next time to get it.
    The short test is finished for now, and it is what it is.

  9. #29
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Both helps. And I gotta tell ya, it was a lot more than three or four times. I replaced a two or three questions entirely, and reworded every one more times than I know. I posted the changes at least a dozen times, and made many more minor alterations.
    And it's still fucked up.
    I can't decide between NP and TJ.
    That's because I have massive T and N. If you knew the real difference of I and E, there would be no question.

    Here's a hint: ENTP might be able to "instantly" or "very quickly" or whatever it was you said tell if something is factually wrong based on what they know etc. from the TJ part.

    Actually, the TJ part is more like an E_T_ diagnosis than anything else, but not necessarily Te.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    And it's still fucked up.
    I can't decide between NP and TJ.
    That's because I have massive T and N. If you knew the real difference of I and E, there would be no question.

    Here's a hint: ENTP might be able to "instantly" or "very quickly" or whatever it was you said tell if something is factually wrong based on what they know etc. from the TJ part.

    Actually, the TJ part is more like an E_T_ diagnosis than anything else, but not necessarily Te.
    The overall correlation is positive. Most are choosing the appropriate responses. Without changing the format, which I won't do for several reasons, I see no room for improvement.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO