• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spock: ISTJ or INTJ?

Usehername

On a mission
But Spock is outwardly judging.

(Imagine any IxTP -- they look totally different, they are completely floating and laid back, while Spock is extremely structured, self-controlled, precise. It's very difficulty to make a case for Spock to be a P. His IxxJ reading is probably the most obvious thing about him.)

If Spock is outwardly judging (Te, most likely, despite his sometimes moralistic stance -- he is impersonal, not personal), then his inner world must be Ni or Si.

Then again, he's not human. Can we type him as a human?

Hey, don't sweat it, sis -- we 38-year-olds have to stick together! :)

I don't know anything about Spock, but I can tell you this:

I have a friend who grew up in the kid version of the military; crew cut every 2 weeks, total IxxJ (or so I thought). He gave off very NT vibed interests, and I could talk to him well, but I knew he wasn't an INTJ by just knowing. I assumed ISTJ.
He got tested: total 100% INTP. (He's hooked on MBTI too now.) Both his parents were xxxJ and so household + military = an INTP look like a IxxJ.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Spock is outwardly judging (Te, most likely, despite his sometimes moralistic stance -- he is impersonal, not personal), then his inner world must be Ni or Si.

Then again, he's not human. Can we type him as a human?
We sure as heck can try. :smile: For all we know he may be the Vulcan version of an extrovert? Or, the totally laid back take it as it comes version? He did tolerate Kirk all those years. Not sure I could.

Yeah, the whole non-human bit is new territory for MBTI. :nerd:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has everyone forgotten? Spock is half-human!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Spock was rather inconsistently written as a generic super-intelligent thinker. He could literally be anything and mask it entirely. Part of the Vulcan training is to completely suppress emotions, which will severely skew how he appears on the outside.

Remember what happened to his father when the ability to maintain absolute control of his mind had gone?

I don't think he's an ISTJ.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably ISTJ, with a highly developed N.

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
The Spock of the television series was an ISTJ who changed into an INTJ in the movies. Similar to--though not as extreme as--the evolution of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader.

Since Vulcans have much longer lifespans than Earthlings, it's conceivable that their thought processes could, as a natural part of Vulcan development, evolve from Sensorish during youth to Intuitive in middle adulthood.

And yes, I'm quite comfortable referring to myself and you other forumites, as "Earthlings." :D

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Spock is half-human, but he tries to repress that side of him... as with his emotions. He is very bent on the rules and regulations of things, which would lean more towards ISTJ. However, I'm not sure this would be entirely accurate for him. I'd almost suggest ISFJ with a strong suppression of his feelings based on his upbringing. *arches eyebrow slightly*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This are serious thread? I thought the consensus was INTP. Perceptive, objective, logical, calm, unneedy, etcetera, etcetera...

R

Riva

I am more interested in his enneagram type.

Could someone help me with that? 5w4?

Also,

Could people (or anyone) have qualities of both wings even though one tends to be more inclined towards one specific wing?

Ex : - A 5w6 with enneagram 4 qualities?

Also,

I believe it is high time I but some enneagram related books. Any recommendations?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spock is a 1w9. Data is more of a 5 (and an INTP)...but a 5w6 is more likely than 5w4.

As for MBTI type, I've come to the conclusion that Spock is an SJ upholding the traditions of an NT culture.

R

Riva

Spock is a 1w9. Data is more of a 5 (and an INTP)...but a 5w6 is more likely than 5w4.

As for MBTI type, I've come to the conclusion that Spock is an SJ upholding the traditions of an NT culture.

Brilliant point indeed Uber.

Upholding traditions of even 'logic based cultures' however has its disadvantages - we've seen a few examples of this in his dealings with Doctor MacCoy.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy shit! I started this thread? Damn necromancers.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have seen a lot of memes and things typing him as INTJ but I think this is a mistype... While Spock is very intelligent and opened-minded, with the ways he doesn't get earth culture and nuances suggests si over ni. His logic seems to be more along the lines of si-te than ni-te how it has a certain rigidity to it. I see Bones as an ISFJ so it makes it funnier, those two being one letter off. Them being more similar than they would like to admit... Spock is a 5w6 in my eyes too. Then again, Spock's an alien so may be unfair to place a type on his head. xD I saw someone type him as ISTP but he seems to use te more than ti to me.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I actually think the movie and TV show has two different spocks. The movie seems to show an INTJ spock. An introvert with Extraverted Thinking, expresses himself in a highly realistic, logical way thats easy to follow. But seems interested in the why rather than just how - desires independence and autonomy. He was running the ship for a while. Looks to understand not just take in the world. So Introverted Intuition - INTJ.

TV show, Leonard Nimoy Spock, is introverted with Extraverted Thinking, for the same reason as above. But he is happy to be the number 2, doesnt show the same craving for independence. Seems happier to follow external rules. Mostly concerned with the physical world, and how it operates. Less concerned with meaning. More of a doer, doesnt question things as much as movie Spock. Points to Introverted Sensing - ISTJ.