Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spock: ISTJ or INTJ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But Spock is outwardly judging.

(Imagine any IxTP -- they look totally different, they are completely floating and laid back, while Spock is extremely structured, self-controlled, precise. It's very difficulty to make a case for Spock to be a P. His IxxJ reading is probably the most obvious thing about him.)

If Spock is outwardly judging (Te, most likely, despite his sometimes moralistic stance -- he is impersonal, not personal), then his inner world must be Ni or Si.

Then again, he's not human. Can we type him as a human?

Hey, don't sweat it, sis -- we 38-year-olds have to stick together!
    I don't know anything about Spock, but I can tell you this:

I have a friend who grew up in the kid version of the military; crew cut every 2 weeks, total IxxJ (or so I thought). He gave off very NT vibed interests, and I could talk to him well, but I knew he wasn't an INTJ by just knowing. I assumed ISTJ.
    He got tested: total 100% INTP. (He's hooked on MBTI too now.) Both his parents were xxxJ and so household + military = an INTP look like a IxxJ.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    945 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If Spock is outwardly judging (Te, most likely, despite his sometimes moralistic stance -- he is impersonal, not personal), then his inner world must be Ni or Si.

Then again, he's not human. Can we type him as a human?
    We sure as heck can try. For all we know he may be the Vulcan version of an extrovert? Or, the totally laid back take it as it comes version? He did tolerate Kirk all those years. Not sure I could.

Yeah, the whole non-human bit is new territory for MBTI.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone forgotten? Spock is half-human!

only bites when provoked Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Spock was rather inconsistently written as a generic super-intelligent thinker. He could literally be anything and mask it entirely. Part of the Vulcan training is to completely suppress emotions, which will severely skew how he appears on the outside.

Remember what happened to his father when the ability to maintain absolute control of his mind had gone?

I don't think he's an ISTJ.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably ISTJ, with a highly developed N.

MBTI
    INXP
    Post Thanks / Like

The Spock of the television series was an ISTJ who changed into an INTJ in the movies. Similar to--though not as extreme as--the evolution of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader.

Since Vulcans have much longer lifespans than Earthlings, it's conceivable that their thought processes could, as a natural part of Vulcan development, evolve from Sensorish during youth to Intuitive in middle adulthood.

And yes, I'm quite comfortable referring to myself and you other forumites, as "Earthlings."

I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

Spock is half-human, but he tries to repress that side of him... as with his emotions. He is very bent on the rules and regulations of things, which would lean more towards ISTJ. However, I'm not sure this would be entirely accurate for him. I'd almost suggest ISFJ with a strong suppression of his feelings based on his upbringing. *arches eyebrow slightly*
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always seen Spock as INTJ.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type
    Post Thanks / Like

This are serious thread? I thought the consensus was INTP. Perceptive, objective, logical, calm, unneedy, etcetera, etcetera...

Riva

I am more interested in his enneagram type.

Could someone help me with that? 5w4?

Also,

Could people (or anyone) have qualities of both wings even though one tends to be more inclined towards one specific wing?

Ex : - A 5w6 with enneagram 4 qualities?

Also,

I believe it is high time I but some enneagram related books. Any recommendations?