• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dawson's Creek and Type

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I thought I'd pull this over from the House thread while I try to procrastinate preparing for a math test tomorrow. Okay, so does anyone else watch this?

Dawson, I'm willing to say is an INTJ. Ni sounds like a pre-requisite for creating movies. Even in season 1, when Jen asked him why he liked film, he said, "I reject reality." In Season 1, he planned out his romancing of Jen, even the first kiss. That is so J. When I think of his T, the first thing that comes to mind is Joey telling him in season 2, "Morals to Dawson!"

Which brings me to...Joey. Her behavior in seasons 5 and 6 point extremely to SJ. She's a perfectionist to the extreme. She goes from romantic girl in bed with Eddie to frantic schoolgirl in an instant when she realized she's late for her test. She makes me lean toward ISFJ.

Next, is Pacey. He's care-free and confident. Spending summers on boats in the middle of the ocean sounds like an SP. He seems like an ESTP.

Jen...I'm not really sure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say at least TP. I'm leaning toward xNTP.

For the others, Andie seemed like ESFJ. Friendly, take charge and rigid, sounds like ESFJ territory. There's Jack also. I'm not really sure about him.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
It's been like 5/6 years since I last watched this show, but it's still fresh in mind, let's see:

Dawson INTJ , think so too.
Joey ISFJ
Jen, maybe INFJ. she strikes me as a feeler.
Jack INFP
Audrey ENFP
Pacey ESTP, yes.
Andie xxFJ

Last edited:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
ENFP for Audrey? I was leaning toward ESFP, but with her stint with the singing and now that I think about why her and Pacey broke up, I'm seeing ENFP. I'm thinking they broke up because of the S/N divide.

Andie seemed ESFJish. She was way too obsessed with controlling everyone and everything.

Jen being N isn't hard to tell. The rest is just....weird.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dawson is an NF
Joey is an NT.

Yes, I loved that show, K!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Why do you think those temperaments?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because I said so.

/Flakism

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought I'd pull this over from the House thread while I try to procrastinate preparing for a math test tomorrow. Okay, so does anyone else watch this?

Dawson, I'm willing to say is an INTJ. Ni sounds like a pre-requisite for creating movies. Even in season 1, when Jen asked him why he liked film, he said, "I reject reality." In Season 1, he planned out his romancing of Jen, even the first kiss. That is so J. When I think of his T, the first thing that comes to mind is Joey telling him in season 2, "Morals to Dawson!"

Which brings me to...Joey. Her behavior in seasons 5 and 6 point extremely to SJ. She's a perfectionist to the extreme. She goes from romantic girl in bed with Eddie to frantic schoolgirl in an instant when she realized she's late for her test. She makes me lean toward ISFJ.

Next, is Pacey. He's care-free and confident. Spending summers on boats in the middle of the ocean sounds like an SP. He seems like an ESTP.

Jen...I'm not really sure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say at least TP. I'm leaning toward xNTP.

For the others, Andie seemed like ESFJ. Friendly, take charge and rigid, sounds like ESFJ territory. There's Jack also. I'm not really sure about him.

Hahahaha Dawson is NOT a T type. He reeks of F :D I'd buy INFJ.

Pacey as ESTP and Andie as ESFJ fit perfectly.

I didn't watch seasons 5 or 6, probably stopped somewhere around season 3.... Joey's IxFx, beyond that I don't know.

Jen is F, that's all I'll guess. lol.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'll buy the F for Dawson. Perhaps that adds to the motivation of being a director. The fact that he clung to Joey and the story between them makes F make sense. There was one thing he said, I'm paraphrasing, but it was to the effect of, "I can analyze someone else's life until the cows come home, but once I turn that analysis on myself, it's like I can't separate my heart and my head."

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dawson: INFJ (I hate him so much that it pains me to admit that he is one of my own)
Joey: ISFJ
Jen: INFJ (Love her)
Pacey: ESTP (This is why him and Joey are perfect matches <3)
Andie: ESFJ
Jack: ISFP
Audrey: ENFP

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Dawson -> INFJ
Joey-> ISFJ

That makes sense when Joey said that she and Dawson are 'soulmates' as the two types are quite similar, and very much so spiritually.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Does anyone have any theories on what Eddie is?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
INFJ? I could see that. I always liked him and Joey together for some reason.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I had always pegged Eddie for ENTP. The caring aspect of him is him learning to utilize the tertiary Fe. He's dominated by impulses and analogies. He left Joey in the end for her not following her impulses and living life on the edge. He probed her at the beginning of season 6 about her trip to Paris in reference to following impulses. He's at least ENxP.

If you want to know the F vs. T, compare him to Audrey. Audrey is VERY extraverted and very much so a perceiver, but she is not guided by her senses. She follows her ideas and impulses, acting on what feels good.

I still don't buy INFJ for Dawson. He's too systematic and structured in a logical way. One thing that comes to mind is when he confronted Todd about him working for him on the film set. He told Todd, "I feel like I lost a part of my soul in the process." Is that something an FJ would say? It sounds like Fi, acknowledgment of the personal issue, but deeming the logical necessity of the action more important.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I had always pegged Eddie for ENTP. The caring aspect of him is him learning to utilize the tertiary Fe. He's dominated by impulses and analogies. He left Joey in the end for her not following her impulses and living life on the edge. He probed her at the beginning of season 6 about her trip to Paris in reference to following impulses. He's at least ENxP.

If you want to know the F vs. T, compare him to Audrey. Audrey is VERY extraverted and very much so a perceiver, but she is not guided by her senses. She follows her ideas and impulses, acting on what feels good.

I still don't buy INFJ for Dawson. He's too systematic and structured in a logical way. One thing that comes to mind is when he confronted Todd about him working for him on the film set. He told Todd, "I feel like I lost a part of my soul in the process." Is that something an FJ would say? It sounds like Fi, acknowledgment of the personal issue, but deeming the logical necessity of the action more important.

Hmm, if Eddie is an ENTP, no wonder why I liked him so much. :wubbie:

Would you suggest that Dawson is INFP instead?

V

violaine

Dawson: INFJ (I hate him so much that it pains me to admit that he is one of my own)

I'm glad it's not just me. Ordinarily I would attempt to disavow (maybe palm him off to the INFPs ;) ) but unfortunately I see the INFJ in him all too well.