User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Snape's type

Oberon

Okay, very good then...it appears we've typed Snape as INTJ. I can live with that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Slightly off topic, but related. I am convinced that Fred and George Weasley (the twins) are both ENTPs, as is Mr. Weasley.

I always thought of the Weasley family as rather Mercurial like astrological symbols Gemini and Virgo, both ruled by Mercury -- Mr. Weasley, Fred, and George are Gemini, while Mrs. Weasley and Ron are Virgos.

Oberon

I knew I liked Fred and George for a reason.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

SLIGHT SPOILER:

I was just reading the synopsis of Snape on Wikipedia. I won't go into details, but I'm thinking that Snape is more INFJ.

SPOILER END:

MBTI
    INTP

I've always seen Snape as an INTJ. He's too neat, organized, sarcastic, and snappish to be one of our absent-minded sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    So how good are the Potter Books? I need something escapist to read. Something with six or seven books.

The Harry Potter books are awesome. The writing isn't beautiful, like Oberon said, but the characters ARE very engaging and fascinating, and JKR is great at making a world you've never seen before or imagined. It's escapism at its best, if you can get past the rather boring writing style. She's not one for unique phrasings, but her imagination is astounding. I often wonder what type she is. ISFP, or INFJ? I'm leaning toward ISFP at the moment.

What type is Snape?
    I see Snape as IXTP. His feeling side seems too underdeveloped for him to be an IXTJ. He's very good at Potions, which seems to suggest a lot of sensing ability, enough to detect the faint differences between potions. He could just be a type five on the enneagram, someone who seeks to understand and master something so that he can feel safe in this scary world. (SPOILER ALERT for book seven - highlight to read --->) And we did see a lot of bravery in Snape by the end, which seems to be the picture of type five: fear, but also bravery. I think that's what made him such an admirable character.
    Last edited by Mempy; 09-23-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Rowling is an INFP or INFJ, just like most fantasy authors.

ISFPs are in tune with the world around them -- they're not engrossed in fantasy worlds like INFPs or INFJs. ISFPs would probably be into unique phrasing, since that's about more physical aesthetics.

An ISFP will more likely try something out and see how it looks (or sounds) and then decide whether or not to keep it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

yes, but he was also very neurotic..which be put into play when labeling him down..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

Snape seems like a typical INTJ to me. He has a need to be in control of things, and is very methodical, which seem more J than P. Also I think his tertiary Fi functions comes to the surface in his dislike for Harry, it elicits some sort of feeling response that he often broods over.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm still resisting, but I hear if you can put up with multiple instances of "Dumbledore's eyes twinkled," you're home free.
    Ahh... good ol' Headlight.

Actually, despite that, I'm thinking of checking the books out. I haven't read much fiction lately.