Thread: Feist

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Feist

Leslie Feist...what do you think? I can't really tell, but I think some sort of J. Her answers seem very measured.

[YOUTUBE="KA9UB7Q-luw"]Feist Interview[/YOUTUBE]
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I've thought about her, and she's tough to type. INF seems almost certain. I'll say Feeling/Intuition Introvert, certainty 3/4. INFJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I was seriously just going to include her in the Sexiest Women thread. I just saw her on Colbert's Christmas Special, and didn't know much about her before that.

To me she screams INFJ.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

In that interview some of her facial expressions remind me of an INFJ I know.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I was seriously just going to include her in the Sexiest Women thread. I just saw her on Colbert's Christmas Special, and didn't know much about her before that.

To me she screams INFJ.
    Lol, yeah I saw her on Colbert, though I had listened to some of her music before. I can see INFJ, though she seems more easily expressive than a lot of INFJ's that I know. Her answers seem to just roll off her tongue without any hesitation, and the INFJ's that I know usually have to take some time thinking and pause before they talk (and while they talk). But I only know two INFJ's, so...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Lol, yeah I saw her on Colbert, though I had listened to some of her music before. I can see INFJ, though she seems more easily expressive than a lot of INFJ's that I know. Her answers seem to just roll off her tongue without any hesitation, and the INFJ's that I know usually have to take some time thinking and pause before they talk (and while they talk). But I only know two INFJ's, so...
    Well, her father is an "abstract expressionist", and her mother was artsy as well. So maybe growing up in an environment that encourages free expression can aide in that. I also think confidence and how comfortable an INFJ is in the extroverted realm will effect how hesitant or definite they are in their speech.

violaine

To me she screams INFJ.
    Lol, me too. At least, in this interview.

The hesitation before answering might happen if INFJ haven't expressly given forethought to something before being asked their opinion. It will take a minute to cobble together exactly what you want to say. But may not even happen in this scenario being that she knows she's going to be giving an interview, she's describing the very deliberate process of making her album and she has given many interviews before. (Also, no doubt she's been edited so it goes straight into her answers.)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well, her father is an "abstract expressionist", and her mother was artsy as well. So maybe growing up in an environment that encourages free expression can aide in that. I also think confidence and how comfortable an INFJ is in the extroverted realm will effect how hesitant or definite they are in their speech.
    Yeah, I know that using the perceived confidence of an individual is not a good way to determine type.

Sanveane: Yeah, I considered the editing. I meant something more like the way that Tori Amos pauses in the middle of saying something (this board seems to think she's INFJ, too). These could just be individual idiosyncrasies, though, so I know it's not really evidence of any particular type.

MBTI
    INTP

Sanveane: Yeah, I considered the editing. I meant something more like the way that Tori Amos pauses in the middle of saying something (this board seems to think she's INFJ, too). These could just be individual idiosyncrasies, though, so I know it's not really evidence of any particular type.
    Here is something from the INFJ profile that I find fairly true for INFJs I know:

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

I usually associate pauses in speech, hesitance, and stifled expression with INFPs, at least with ones I'm familiar with.