User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Anybody want to give a guess on the characters from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?

My first guess for Nick would be ENFP.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'll give it a shot.

Phoenix: EXFP
    Miles: INTJ
    Mia: XXXJ
    Godot: EXTP
    Trucy: EXFP
    Apollo: XXFJ
    Maya: EXFP
    Francziska (Don't know how to spell that): IXTJ. Probably an N, too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Phoenix: ENfP
    Maya: EnFP
    Miles: IsTJ
    Von Karma: EsTJ
    Franziska: ESTJ
    Mia: ENTJ
    Larry: ESFP
    Godot: EnTP
    Apollo: INFp
    Trucy: ENFP
    Klavier: ENFJ
    Kristoph: INTJ

The problem with typing the PW characters is that, since all lawyers and prosecutors seem that awesome at their job, they would seem by default to be strong Ns (seeing patterns and correlations etc).
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

From what I gather:

Phoenix: ENxP
    Mia: ENTJ
    Maya: ENFP
    Miles: ESTJ
    Gumshoe: ESFP
    Judge: ISTJ

MBTI
    ENFJ

Nah, I'd type Maya as an ESFP. The judge... is probably an ESFJ, and Edgeworth would be IxTJ

*is pretty sure Ath's guesses are blind*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Phoenix: ENfP
    Damn straight!

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    IsFJ

If I may ressurrect this thread... as a fanboy, of course.

Here are some of my guesses:

Phoenix Wright - ENFx, 6w7 (I'm unsure... Nick seems kind of neurotic and cautious - at least outside the courtroom - to be an ENFP...)
    Mia Fey - xNFJ, 1w2 (Her advice seems more Fe-ish than Te-ish, and she did a lot of stuff - especially in her early days - based on her own feelings about things)
    Maya Fey - ExFP, 7(w8?) (she could be an ESFP, I think)
    Miles Edgeworth - ISTJ, 1w9 (his way of thinking is quite linear and thorough, and his values resemble typical SJ ones)
    Larry Butz - ESFP, 7w6
    Winston Payne - xSTJ, 6w5
    The Judge - ESxJ, 1w2? (Has the "goofy" tert Ne thing going on, IMO - I'm familiar with it)
    April May - xSFP, 9w8?
    Redd White - ESTJ, 3w2 or 8w7?
    Marvin Grossberg - ISFJ?, 6w7?
    Wendy Oldbag - ESxJ?, either an 8w7 moving toward 2 or a 2 moving toward 8
    Dee Vasquez - IxTJ, 8w9?
    Will Powers - ISFJ?, 9w1?
    Dick Gumshoe - ESFJ, 6w7
    Manfred von Karma - ESTJ, 1w2
    Lotta Hart - ESFP?, 7w8
    Lana Skye - IxTJ, 1w2 or maybe 6w5
    Ema Skye - INTP?, 5w6?
    Damon Gant - ENFJ or ENTP, 8w9
    Jake Marshall - ISTP?, 8w9
    Mike Meekins - xSFJ, 6w7

Maggey Byrde - ISFJ?, 6w7 (and with good reason, poor girl)
    Franziska von Karma - ESTJ, 8w7 or maybe 3w4
    Morgan Fey - ISFJ, 2w3
    Pearl Fey - ExFJ, 2w1?
    Ini Miney - ISFP, 9w1?
    Regina Berry - IxFP, 9w8?
    Acro - ISFP, 9w1?
    Max Galactica - ESFJ?, 3w2
    Matt Engarde - ESTP, 3w2?
    Adrian Andrews - ISFJ, 6w5
    Shelly de Killer - ISTJ, 1w9

Dahlia Hawthorne - IxFP, 9w8
    Ron DeLite - INFP?, 6w7
    Desireé DeLite - ESFP, 7w8
    Luke Atmey - ENTP, 3w4
    Jean Armstrong - ISFP, 9w8?
    Furio Tigre - ESTP, 8w7
    Victor Kudo - ESTJ, 1w2?
    Viola Cadaverini - ISFJ?, 9w8
    Godot - ExTP?, 6w5?
    Terry Fawles - ESFJ?, 6w7
    Sister Bikini - ESFJ, 2w3
    Sister Iris - ISFJ, 9w1?
    Elise Deauxnim - INFJ, 9w1?

Apollo Justice - INFP seems plausible, though I'm quite clueless about his enneatype
    Trucy Wright - INFP?, 9w8?
    Kristoph Gavin - IxTJ, 3w4
    Klavier Gavin - ENFJ, 3w2
    Wocky Kitaki - ESTP, 6w7 or 7w6
    Plum Kitaki - xSFJ, 2w3
    Guy Eldoon - ESTJ?, 6w5
    Wesley Stickler - INTP?, 5(w4?)
    Alita Tiala - ISFJ, 2w3?
    Lamiroir - ISFP, 9w1?
    Valant Gramarye - ISFP?, 3w2?
    Daryan Crescend - ExTJ, 8w7
    Vera Misham - INFP?, 5w4
    Drew Misham - ISTJ?, 5w6
    Spark Brushel - ENTP?, 7w6?

Jacques Portsman - ExTP, 3w2
    Rhoda Teneiro - ISFJ, 6w7?
    Cammy Meele - ISFP, 9w8
    Zinc Lablanc - ESTJ, 6w5?
    Shi-Long Lang - ESTJ (maybe ESFJ), 6w7 (very much counterphobic)
    Kay Faraday - ENFP, 7w8?
    Ernest Amano - ISFJ, 9w8?
    Lance Amano - INFJ?, 6w5?
    Lauren Paups - ISFJ, 6w7?
    Tyrell Badd - ISTJ, 6w5
    Calisto Yew - ISTP, 7w8?
    Byrne Faraday - xNFJ?, 1w2 or 6w5
    Colias Palaeno - xNFJ?, 9w1 or 3w2
    Quercus Alba - xNTJ, 8w9

Feel free to ask any questions!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It's based on a civil law system. As a result, the characters are all likely xxTJs of some sort, mostly xSTJs. ESPECIALLY the smart ones.

xNxPs would find the hard structure and rules too stifling (this is not a system you go in to change the world - PW cares about doing a good job more than he does about his clients). xxFJs would find the whole process utterly boring. xSxPs couldn't stand losing as often as defense lawyers do in those systems.

If you want to try and type people, you've got to look at what the system they are integrated in demands.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's based on a civil law system. As a result, the characters are all likely xxTJs of some sort, mostly xSTJs. ESPECIALLY the smart ones.

xNxPs would find the hard structure and rules too stifling (this is not a system you go in to change the world - PW cares about doing a good job more than he does about his clients). xxFJs would find the whole process utterly boring. xSxPs couldn't stand losing as often as defense lawyers do in those systems.
    I'd say Phoenix does care about his clients - he understands what it is to be the underdog far too well. As for the others, you have some pretty good points, but I'd say law enforcement is by no means limited to SJs; I've seen Atticus Finch, one of the most famous fictional lawyers, typed as an INFJ. The justice system in the games is pretty draconian, which is why Phoenix wants to change it, but he seems to "beat the system" pretty well.

If you want to try and type people, you've got to look at what the system they are integrated in demands.
    Yes, I did try to do that, which is why I also took into consideration Phoenix's personality outside of court when casting doubt on his ENFP typing. If I made a crass mistake, I'd appreciate if you pointed it out more specifically.

(Also, I love how the series has SJ characters who are not just conformistic idiots. We need more of those to showcase the importance of Guardians.)

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'd say Phoenix does care about his clients - he understands what it is to be the underdog far too well. As for the others, you have some pretty good points, but I'd say law enforcement is by no means limited to SJs; I've seen Atticus Finch, one of the most famous fictional lawyers, typed as an INFJ. The justice system in the games is pretty draconian, which is why Phoenix wants to change it, but he seems to "beat the system" pretty well.
    If you want to type both of them, they're INTJs with very well-developed Tert Fi. That's why they care about their clients - because it's unfair for them not to.

It's not about law enforcement, it's that the legal system of Japan and most civil law countries is specifically designed to suppress any creativity in legal interpretation. That's why the trials in the games are about whether facts are true or not - it's the determination of facts that determines what the relevant portion of the Criminal Code is to be applied. They don't care one bit whether it's "right" to convict the person or not; they care that the system works correctly. If you want to have these high-minded debates, your role is either in academia or in the legislature, in these systems.

Phoenix wants to beat the system because he thinks he can do it more fairly than what currently exists (that's the Ni and Fi talking). He's good at it, because he can see the evidentiary setup from a perspective that's different than what's immediately apparent, and can present the facts in a way that proves that perspective (Ni-Te). It's also a nice introduction to how our type stereotypes may often be turned on their head - everything about the way PW operates screams INTJ, and yet, most people wouldn't see it because of his appearance, and because people don't think INTJs can be animated and sociable. That's absolutely untrue.

Yes, I did try to do that, which is why I also took into consideration Phoenix's personality outside of court when casting doubt on his ENFP typing. If I made a crass mistake, I'd appreciate if you pointed it out more specifically.

(Also, I love how the series has SJ characters who are not just conformistic idiots. We need more of those to showcase the importance of Guardians.)
    One of the silliest things the translation of the series did was move the setting of the game to Los Angeles. It makes no sense, because we in the United States conceive of law in an entirely different way than they do in Japan. When we're looking at the outside characterization, we're making the assumption that they're operating under a common law perspective - that they're trying to come up with unique arguments, or the that support why their side is correct. This is not what goes on in Ace Attorney at all. The outside-the-courtroom activity is nothing but investigation and compilation of facts. Because of this discrepancy, we interpret things that PW does in a way that does not correspond with why he would be doing it.