Thread: steve martin?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    OK - I'll gossip a little. Back in the 80's I lived in Malibu for a couple of years and had some entertainment industry connections. I heard from more than one source that Steve was really different IRL than his stage persona (which is true for many comedians). I heard: chauvenistic male-pig, serious-humorless, reserved and cold/unfriendly.

I'm going with INTJ.
    I've heard he is reserved in person when not performing. I suspect he is an introvert. I think INTJ may be right also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    YaYa

I am contrasting Father of the Bride with The Jerk with SNL's "two wild and crazy guys"

ENTP

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've heard he is reserved in person when not performing. I suspect he is an introvert. I think INTJ may be right also.
    you think dominant Ni more than dominant Te? i also focus on more tertiary Se than Fi, which has has none of whatsoever. Fi types have a strong feeling attachment to various things that guides their Te, a very deep cutting undercurrent.

he definitely needs serious introversion time to get it back and pull it together. plus it seems like he hates people. possibly all people. possibly including himself. he scares me- on 30 rock i loooooved his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what's his type?? does anyone know?
    I do

INTJ.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i see inferior Fe rather than tertiary Fe. shopgirl is not intj. he has no feelings at all, and no soul. also the tertiary Se enj movement comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i see inferior Fe rather than tertiary Fe.
    Why would you do something as difficult as figuring out what position F is in for SM, when you can do things as simple as determine what attitude F is, whether he is an introvert or an extrovert, etc.

The more difficult you make the process, the more often you will be wrong.

And BTW, SM does not extrovert feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    I am contrasting Father of the Bride with The Jerk with SNL's "two wild and crazy guys"

ENTP
    You are attempting to type a performer based on characters he played?

Very difficult. Why not take an easier path?

BTW--"Wild and Crazy Guy" was deliberately created because it's 180 degrees away from what Martin actually is...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Why would you do something as difficult as figuring out what position F is in for SM, when you can do things as simple as determine what attitude F is, whether he is an introvert or an extrovert, etc.

The more difficult you make the process, the more often you will be wrong.

And BTW, SM does not extrovert feeling.
    that was a mistake- i meant Fi. and bc the whole matters. you can boil it down to one question and see it one way, but that doesn't make you right. Te dom can be a wide range of extroversion, but it's always Te. extroversion means something far different to me than it does to you. it does not just translate into publicity, or affability, or "outgoing"ness. it means your information processing capabilities are skilled at merging with the world, and you do your best/easiest/most natural work outside of yourself. it makes you faster at adapting, but worse at getting your shit together/organizing your past experience.

also, it's off-topic, but your thought processes could not sound more istp. which is not a knock, just an observation related to your continual assertions that you are correct and everyone else is in fact wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    your thought processes could not sound more istp.
    If you believe this to be so, does this not make you question your competence at typing others and the process you use to reach your typings?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    If you believe this to be so, does this not make you question your competence at typing others and the process you use to reach your typings?
    no, why would it?