User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight?

Default Twilight?

*cringes now* Oh please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me... but Gin and I had a discussion over what the possible personality types of Edward and Bella could be...and it got me wondering.. If anyone here has read the books, I'd like an opinion...

Bella - IxFx [we're not sure if she's an 'S' or an 'N' --she makes quick connections in the first book, seems to maybe dumb down a little due to her deep depression in the second..strong-willed, stubborn, intelligent, emotional, and definitely obsessed with all things vampires and werewolves... not to mention she's pretty damn clumsy and private-minded.]

Edward- Ixxx [yeah, I'm lost on this one. He's protective, has a wry sense of humor, feels nothing but that incredibly deep love for Bella and indulges in the musical stylings of Debussy... ]

Jacob Black- [Uhhh...hmm...possibly an ExFP...Devoted/obsessed with Bella..likes all things mechanical. Is great with vehicles and fixing things. Seems to be more F than T-- but I could be wrong...]

Charlie Swan- IxTx/IxFx [I really dont' know. He's a lot like Bella, really but not obsessed with fantasy. He's clueless about how father/daughter relationships should work, but is still devoted and protective of her. Keeps to himself mostly apart from his tight comraderie with Billy Black and few friends in Forks.]

Rene [Bella's Mother]-- ExFx [Crazy lady...overly-emotional, bubbly, absent-minded, probably/possibly as accident prone as her daughter...I'm leaning maybe toward ENFP..]
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I took my 14 yo sister to see this movie; she'd been crazy about the book series. I was pretty impressed with its storytelling considering the age of the audience in the theatre.

I would argue that it's pretty hard to type non-humans but here I go anyway.

Bella: either INFJ or IxFP.
    Edward: IxxJ because he's very careful with his self-discipline to not suck his human girlfriend's blood
    Bella's dad: ISxJ

Pretty much I don't disagree with your typings but I also can't add much further past that.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

The movie *sighs* ...anyway...

I wondered if Bella wasn't possibly an INFJ-- though I'm not sure she definitely falls into the stereotypical 'multi-layered' syndrome. Possibly, though. She does do some surprising things and kind of make the reader go 'what the hell..?'. Acts before she thinks, which is NF anyway, isn't it? *lol* Her character does change a little bit, the more she discovers about herself... so maybe, maybe..

Edward..hmm. Yeah I agree...I can't figure if he's an 'F' or a 'T'. He tries not to act out of turn, he is very disciplined--seems he has strong emotions, so quite possibly an F- though he does behave a bit detached sometimes... wow I'm bad at this..

Charlie. Maybe he's an ISTJ. He shows more detachment than anything. He's a sheriff, so he's got to go by logic rather than on total emotion or instinct. He loves Bella and he gets angry, but there isn't an big show of emotion on his part...
    4w5

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFp

i definitely think charlie is an istj, i'm not 100% sure about bella or edward though.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

How about Alice? ENFP?? [ignoring the fact that she doesn't much talk to anybody outside of the 'clan'-- they do have vampire friends to consider.. lol]
    4w5

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    infx

I'd say ISFP for Bella. I don't know about Edward.. Rene; I've thought of her as ENFP. Or maybe ESFP?

Carlisle: ..NFJ
    Esme: E..FJ. well, i mostly think of her as an Fe-mother.
    Alice: ENF..
    Jasper: I dont know.. his gift is in the emotional realm. He's so warmly charismatic and at the same time such a strategic soldier type of person. I don't know! What do you think of Jasper?
    Emmet: ES..P?
    Rosalie: ESTJ?

James? Victoria? Laurent? What about Aro?

Quote Originally Posted by amigone View Post
    I'd say ISFP for Bella. I don't know about Edward.. Rene; I've thought of her as ENFP. Or maybe ESFP?

Carlisle: ..NFJ
    Esme: E..FJ. well, i mostly think of her as an Fe-mother.
    Alice: ENF..
    Jasper: I dont know.. his gift is in the emotional realm. He's so warmly charismatic and at the same time such a strategic soldier type of person. I don't know! What do you think of Jasper?
    Emmet: ES..P?
    Rosalie: ESTJ?

James? Victoria? Laurent? What about Aro?
    ISFP or ISFJ is another type I considered for Bella. She's somewhat difficult to place, I think...

Carlisle...perhaps he is an INFJ? Not sure, though. How sociable he is within the vampire community..he does seem to have a fair amount of acquaintances and people he trusts, so maybe ENFJ...

Esme..maybe ESFJ?

Emmet...lol, he's such a warm-hearted [forgive the ignorance of the fact that their hearts don't beat and they are cold to the touch... ] cuddly teddy-bear, big-brother type. I think he's an 'F' ..ESFP perhaps?

Jasper is a tough one. I've mulled over that one a bit [with no input from my friend who was too busy doing a 'which Twilight character are you?' test...lol..]. He has the ability to control emotions, to feel what others are feeling...I guess, he is basically an empath who can create his own emotional atmosphere. Still hard to place, however... an 'I' I believe. He isn't very, very sociable, and I imagine him to be the roots for Alice to keep her grounded. So perhaps he is almost her complete opposite? INFP or ISFP/J? Hmm..
    4w5

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFp

Alice seems more ENFJ to me.
    I'd type Emmet as an estp.
    Esme=ISFJ
    Rosalie=bitch
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Alice seems more ENFJ to me.
    I'd type Emmet as an estp.
    Esme=ISFJ
    Rosalie=bitch

You read my mind exactly with Rosalie...it's so funny you say that. [It's so true, not like it's a huge secret or anything...] I was reminded of the conversation I had with a friend last night when I told her I wasn't sure what Rosalie really would be. Then I paused and said "I guess it depends...what's the type for 'bitch'?" [She was tolerable to me in 'Breaking Dawn', but I still really dislike her...].
    4w5

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    infx

What about INTJ for Edward? However, I've never really met one (that I know of) and don't have much to compare to. Anyway, Edward is so certain of his ideas, and gives off the vibe of a patient parent having to explain something obvious to his child. He has an 'I'm in charge-attitude', and often claims to know the better way to do something (of course, his vampire powers help..)

He may come off as a bit arrogant at times? ..I remember him talking about 'having to sink so low', when he had to listen to Jessica's thoughts, about her thoughts being unoriginal. Edward leads the way and prefers to be the one making decisions. I also believe tertiary Fi could represent his very beautiful feeling side?
    Last edited by amigone; 11-25-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling