• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Unknown

MBTI Type
enfj
also-somehow I didn't get that Bella's self esteem is bad. She doesn't feel worthy of edward because of the depth of her love and awe for him...but she doesn't worry about what people think about her. ISFJ's can be very nuturing of others and overly critical of themselves. On a scale I'd say she's not a super S-maybe a little closer to center...but I still think ISFJ.

where did istj come up for edward? No way. No way. He's clear-he's not that complicated. Bella is much more complicated.

Renee is definatly a ENFP-I don't think anyone has even tried to argue that. She's classic.

darynthe

In my opinion, both Bella and Edward are INFX. I can see that Bella has a very INFP kind of life, she is often having accidents and not noticing stuff going on around her and lives in her own world and prefers to keep to herself her thoughts. She is obviously introverted. She is fascinated with the extremes too (another quirk of INFPS), you see her when she gives in to love it is totally, she glorifies Edward, althoguh she is conscious of his being a long time ago a murderer. She is capable of risking her life with her confidence on his self control. I think she has a very good grasp of him as in emphaty very INFP. She is very intelligent (although it only shows at times so I am often baffled and also bothered by the unstable charaterization).

She is very romantic, as someone mentioned it, she was eager to give her life and be thankful that she had a perfect dream to die for, also somehow her desire for his dominance which is very patent also seem to be INFP. That is 100% idealist romantic. The way she was a zombie after he left her it is also very much INF.

Now, to contradict the this, I see her very decisive and that is not an INFP trait at all. She is also not usually a procastinator. In this sense she can very well act J in her daily life.

Now about Edward, he is also showing a lot of INFX. The painful all-emcompassing passion, the obssesion of his love, the strict and absolute clining to his set of rules and principles are INFP. The self-sacrifice and guilt plus his ability to know people's motivations are clearly F and P. I cannot see how anyone can see even a trace of T in him?? I am very curious if someone can tell me. I just want to say that he is very intelligent but that doesn't make him a T by any means.

On the other hand, the way he clings to his decisions in such a strict way and how he easily manages to be great in school seems a lot like a J. Of course he says it is because he has been through highschool many times and it makes sense....

I have these conclusions after reading Midnight Sun. I am afraid the other books do not help much with determining the types, the characters are rather stiff in those.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I finished the Twilight Saga/series, last night... :cry:

And, I definitely think Edward Cullen is an INTJ.

:heart:

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

I am only 40 pages into the book so I do not know for sure.

Give me romance or give me death!!!

:D

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
CC weren't the books much more beautiful than the movie? hehe i thought they were. :)

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

Interesting that you think Edward an INTJ, given that an INTJ would be a pretty nice match to your type (or so some say).

Maybe all girls could see their best typological match in Edward Cullen. He is the perfect man, after all. Perhaps we reflect the qualities we know deep down that we'd desire in a mate on him. That might explain his incredibly broad appeal, which spans all personality types.

Just a theory. And by the way, thank you for not spoiling that last book! I have not yet read it, so needless to say, you're the best!

Oh, and have you checked out Stephenie Meyer's other romance, The Host? I've heard it's kinda creepy (much darker than our beloved Twilight), but oh so sexy. ;)

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5

Aaaaahhh Pride&Prejudice...

I'm utterly, hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy...it's so difficult not to fall for that guy, seriously, hehe.

That could be a new thread on it's own, I imagine..

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Bella is ISFP as written. I get the sense that Meyer intended for her to be an NF, but she doesn't read that way at all. She's way too rooted in superficial details and present, concrete situations as a narrator to be an N.

I'd guess ISTJ for Edward.

Those seem like good guesses to me. INTJ definitely works for Mr. Darcy, and I could see Elizabeth as ENFP.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I just watched Twilight.

I think ISFP is fitting for Bella and IxTJ for Edward.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK... some people are driving me nuts in this thread... I would prefer to not comment but. Edward is IXXJ from what most of you have established. There seems to be a debate of whether he is N or S though. It's iffy depending on how that type shows itself in a person. I sat down for a moment and decided to guess Edwards type and I came up with ISTJ. Which seems awkward for me because that is my type. I do think he could be an N, but it is hard to say. I would be more comfortable with N than S I guess. Bella is an XXFP without a doubt. Do to her trouble socializing and such we might can safely say that she is an IXFP. I think our best course of action is ISFP, but I'm not entirely sure.

In regards to Bella's mind being shielded from Edward because she thinks differently (in spheres such as N and S), I doubt that is the case. Edward can read everyone elses mind without difference for their type. I think it is safer to say that the ability lies in the fact that it is just an ability. I don't think the author knows enough about psychological theories to come up with a good solution.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I am strictly referring to the books, not the movie. The movie made the characters extremely shallow, and you don't see enough about them to type them. There's so much more depth to them in the books.

Bella: INFJ/ISFJ.
I think in Twilight and New Moon Bella was an INFJ, then Stephenie accidentally "switched" her type to an ISFJ in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. It was like Bella had a personality transplant from the first half of the Saga to the second half. (This is possible because they're fictional characters, and entirely how the author writes them.) If you read the books, Bella is in no way a P. She's always planning, saving money, doing her homework in a timely fashion (I doubt she's pulled an all-nighter.) And the whole plan in Breaking Dawn with Jenks was a very J thing to do.

Edward: ISFJ.
I'm not really sure he has a concrete personality, as he's written to be ideal for anyone who reads the book. He always wants to do the best for Bella, but can't really see what's best for her. He is in tune to what other people feel/think/what's going on with others (thus his power to read thoughts) so I would definitely place him as an F. He also has difficulty seeing how what he does will affect others; he only thinks about the moment and doesn't understand the long-term consequences of his actions.

Alice: ENFJ.
This seems right; the only problem is that Alice has an extremely high Ni (which manifests in her power.) Otherwise, she's extremely ENFJ.

Jasper: INFP.
He's completely Fi. He obviously has a very rich inner world, evident when he finally opens up to Bella about his life in the south. He's also quite impulsive (it's only because of Alice that he curtails his desire for human blood). Him and Alice have this epic romance thing going on, and his intense emotional depth is barely covered, even in the books.

Rosalie: ISTJ.
If you read the description and all four books, this seems like the best fit. She's not naturally in tune with her emotions (thus the whole Royce King event), and is very obligated to fulfilling her duty. (Especially with having children and helping Bella with the pregnancy.) She is a perfectionist and extremely loyal to her family.

Emmett: ESFP.

Esme: ESFJ.

Carlisle: INFJ.

Charlie: ISTJ.

Renee: ENFP.

Jake: ISTP.

He wavers sometimes between T and F, but I think he's a T. This one is hard! He's definitely mechanical and a fan of extreme sports. Very live in the moment, and definitely a P. I also think he's an I, because when he needs time to recharge or think he turns into a wolf and spends alone time running in the forest, or disappearing altogether. He's personable, but doesn't need others the way an E does.

Renesmee: ESFP! lol

Interesting pattern... the majority of Stephenie's characters tend to be feelers. Perhaps she is a feeler herself?

Charizmatic

I think it makes it a bit difficult to judge the vamps because of their powers. Putting powers aside, I would judge Edward as an INTJ Bella as an INFP

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't get why Edward keeps getting judged as an INTJ. He's like... nothing like one...

Bella: ISFP

Edward: INFJ/ISFJ

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I think it makes it a bit difficult to judge the vamps because of their powers.

Since vampire powers draw on a person's strongest personality traits as a human, it makes absolute sense to trait them with their powers in mind.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ugh, I had the unfortunate event of sitting through it last night, but I couldn't help but type the characters. I think it's hard, because a lot of them are pretty two dimensional.

Bella- ISFP. There is no way I'd put her as an INFJ; honestly, she's incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else. She absolutely has no sense of the future (make me a vampire NOW. I want you NOW. I need it NOW. The future will never happen) and doesn't seem to pay any attention to her past, either.

Edward: ISFJ - Similar to Bella, only better at sticking to his convictions.

Jacob: I want to type him as an ISTP.
Alice: ENFJ
Jasper: INFP
Rosalie: ISTJ
Emmett: ESFP
Esme: ESFJ
Carlisle: Possibly INFJ.

I don't think there would be any NT characters in this series with the exception of the Volturi. They are also the only characters that seem to have any real interesting qualities to them (Jasper and Rosalie have interesting pasts, but of course they focus on Edward and Bella instead of developing other characters that have far more depth).

I don't see how people can find this stuff so amazing. The concept of vampires and such, I understand the appeal, but this particular series of film and books is so poorly written and developed.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Bella- ISFP. There is no way I'd put her as an INFJ; honestly, she's incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else. She absolutely has no sense of the future (make me a vampire NOW. I want you NOW. I need it NOW. The future will never happen) and doesn't seem to pay any attention to her past, either.

Us ISFPs are so darn boring.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else.

That defenitely don't match with ISFP.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Actors

Rob Pattinson: InFP
I thought he was ISFP for a while. After keeping tabs on him though, the guy's a little too much like me, except... y'know male. He is very well-read (into Charles Baudelaire), writes songs, sings the "blues" (or at least a bauched British version of what "blues" is), and the way he went about playing the character of Edward is very INFP.

Kristen Stewart: IStP
Emphasis on the I and P. Yeah, the girl's deep, but it doesn't mean she has to be an N to be that. She's more smooth in her movements than Robert is. Where he stumbles and trips over things she does just fine. She has a cool factor that most ISTPs I know have :wubbie:.
ISTP ef tee dub u.

Taylor Lautner: ESTP
He was in extreme martial arts for ages. He works out like a maniac. Perfect teen heartthrob, essentially.

Ashley Greene: ISFJ
In interviews she's nice and sweet and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Marketable ISFJ.

Jackson Rathbone: ISFP
I really just wanted to type him as "ridiculous hipster," but I'm feeling nice :).

Nikki Reed: ESFP
You should hear this girl's life story.
:crazy:.

Kellan Lutz: ESFJ
A lot like Emmett, except I think he's much less impulsive. He's exactly the type your mom deems a "very nice boy." Like many of the male ESFJs I know.

..Don't care enough about the rest.

Characters

Edward: InFJ
I was intially thinking maybe INFP, but the INFJs I know definitely have self-control over me any day. I chose NF over SJ because he attempted suicide in the name of love. Very NF. I also thought about IntJ and IStP for Edward but reeeeally don't think so.

Bella: ISFP/ISFJ
It doesn't really matter which. Both fit whenever Meyer wants to make the next book more compelling and "sellable" than the one before it. For clarification, I have read all the books and watched the first movie (unfortunately), and Bella is certainly not an INFP. I was just waiting for someone to mistype yet another ISFP/ISFJ as INFP. Happens so often....

Jacob: eSTP
I wanted to say Jacob was introverted, but he was always wooting and hollering. I know very many ESTPs and ISTPs, and the "wooting and hollering" definitely goes to the ESTP. Makes the E/I distinction that much easier. Figuring out the STP part was easy. He's into cars and mechanics (Like, duh). Plus, he's prone to say something along the lines of, "I'm ready to have a goood time, guys! Let's do it! *pumps fist in the air*" Too STP!

Charlie: ISfJ
I keep picturing John C. Reilly as Charlie. There's just something about him. The only reason I can think of is because Reilly has a slightly goofy awkwardness about him that worked well with the characterization of Charlie. Definitely F but kind of serious, too.

Alice: ENFJ/ENFP with great use of Ni
Everyone loves her. Seriously. I haven't met a single person who's read the series and isn't enamored with her. Personally not a big fan. She's certainly cute and fun and zany and exciting, but too happy sometimes for my taste.

Emmett: ESfP
Adorable. Cuddly. Bunch of Fun. I was hesitant to put the F there but realized I was just projecting my own "F=female and T=male" prejudice onto it (Yes, I'm ashamed). He's too bright and shiny to be T... although he still could be. :unsure:

Carlisle: eNFJ
One of my favorite characters in the entire series. Gotta love a mature ENFJ.

Esme: INFP
She was also one of my favorite characters. Meyer hardly gave her any "stage time" in the books, but there was something about her that I loved. She was definitely Carlisle's cheerleader. The perfect INFP/ENFJ pairing when you think about it.

Jasper: Creep! ...I mean, ISTP/InfP/ISTJ/ISFP
I really don't know. It'd be cool if he and Alice could be an ENFP/ISTJ, "opposites attract" pair (and they very well may be), but I get P from him. And on top of that, his vampire power is to sense other people's emotions. That's so INFP it hurts. Or at least something from a F user. On the other hand though, I still think he's a T, hence the ISTP and ISTJ typing.

...Wait, scratch that. He changes people's moods as well. That screams "Fe, Fe, FE!!!". InFJ or ISFJ seems like a good assessment. Yeah, I think I'll say IxFJ.

Rosalie: ISTJ
Cold as ice. Reminds me of Angela from The Office.
ISTJ strong on the TJ.

Sidenote: By contributing to this thread, I have sold my soul.