• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
For a good laugh and 'wtf' moment, you should borrow the fourth book from someone. It's the only one that is worth anything and not because it's good in the slightest.
Since i finished it, i've been trying to wrap my mind around what the hell the movie will look like.

Haha! Now, that is intriguing!

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can someone PLEASE give me ANY evidence to suggest ANY character in these addicting but poorly written books are N's?

Regarding my typing Edward as INTJ: I don't think a character who can read minds can be typed as anything other than "N."

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mind reading is very empathy/intuition driven, not in the mbti sense, per se, but in the real world sense.

I'd type edward as an INTJ.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Yeah, a cast just FULL of Ns. The likelihood of this alone should make you realize that most, if not all, of your typings are wrong.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Taylor's a sensor. Where do you see the intuition?

Rob's more infp but infj doesn't sound too far off.

Ashley is more isfj or esfj. She's very kind and just reminds me a lot of Fruits Basket's Tohru :).

Kristen is no feeler. An infp would not pull the public attitude she sometimes give. Us NFs think it but we don't say it. I personally related to her when it comes to the introversion. Like her I'm very awkward in public but unlike her I'm better at not showing how much I dread being in public. I go out of my way to try to make people not feel awkward around me. I think that's part of being a feeler type.

Kellen's a sensor. Very in the moment & aware in his acting & in public. Cool guy.

redacted

Can't believe I'm bumping this thread.

Edward - INTJ (duh)
Bella - ISFP (duh)
Jacob - ESTP
Charlie - ISTJ
Carlisle - INFJ
Alice - ENFsomething
Esme - some FJ, her character was way underdeveloped
Rosalie - ESTP
Emmett - ESTP also?
Jasper - ENTP
Renee - no idea, but probably F

yea

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know why they are difficult to type?
Because there's hardly anything to them -__-. There weren't just plot holes in the books.. there were severe character-development-holes.
A bag of sand is likely more complex than the majority of characters Stephanie Meyer conjured up.

it's both her wild success and her complete failure. every girl can see herself in bella and her ideal man in edward. but when you try to look at just bella or just edward... well, there's just not much there...

Bella is IxFJ
Edward is IxxJ but definitely not an NT.

They both annoy me.
I think Bella was supposed to be an INFP.
I think Meyer wanted her to be an N, but I see nothing creative about her.
I also don't see her looking towards the future either.
I think Edward was supposed to be a T,
but if so he's an ST.

hahaha i agree with this. i think bella was meant to be INFP and edward was meant to be ISTJ, but it didn't really work out. i mean, you know, you kind of have to have characterization to have actual characters.

it's like stephenie meyer wouldn't let either of them have real flaws that run opposite their strengths, only flaws we're supposed to be able to accept/associate with.

incidentally...

here is how bella is described by meyer, on her personal website:
very fair-skinned, with long, straight, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her face is heart-shaped—a wide forehead with a widow's peak, large, wide-spaced eyes, prominent cheekbones, and then a thin nose and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin. Her lips are a little out of proportion, a bit too full for her jaw line. Her eyebrows are darker than her hair and more straight than they are arched. She's five foot four inches tall, slender but not at all muscular, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has stubby fingernails because she has a nervous habit of biting them

who does this resemble?

123089_stephenie-meyer-could-breaking-dawn-ever-be-too-sexy.jpg

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edward is an INFJ and Bella is an ISFP, I think.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reaction to whole thread:

Oh, ferk, no!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are all these Ns coming from?

The next time I hear some durpety durp durp call Alice an ENFP, I'm gonna puke on 'em.

No one in those books was an N....no one...that I can see.

"Oh, yay, they tell the future and read minds, so they must be Ns."

***red error buzzer***

These were senses to them. Sixth and seventh senses, sure, but senses nonetheless. As soon as he meets someone his senses cannot penetrate, he's LOST. Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'. Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

And Edward. Sure, he's smart, creative, loner, strange, and musical, yay he must be an N. WTF? There are wayyyy smart, observant, creative, great SJs that also think outside the box when need be. I really, really, REALLY don't see the N though. Sure I guess an NT can act all overprotective and stuff with people they love and also feel intensely, but it is not about that.

Granted, I have no idea, maybe he is an INTJ...but I really, really, really think ISTJ.

Edward: ISTJ
Bella: ISFP
Jacob: ISTP
Alice: ESFX
Emmett: ESXP
Rosalie: XSTJ
Jasper: ISFJ
Carlisle: ESFJ
Esme: ISFJ
Reneesme: ISFJ
The mother: ESFP
The father: ISTJ

Minor characters: mostly SPs except her BFF who is like a raging ESXJ. The pack of werewolves are mostly SP/SJ; the vampires are nearly all SP/SJ;

Seriously, the redeeming quality of the books is that you can get lost in a world of thought so different from you own. And that it is so easily written that you don't have to think - à la Harry Potter.

I don't relate to any of those characters. Really. The closest one I MIGHT come to is the mother. Maybe. But still, I wouldn't be so in the moment - "Let's get married when I'm still 18 and have a kid and run off 3 months later, and marry someone 20 years younger than me 20 years later, and scurry here and there." I'd be thinking, "I cannot get married now, holy shit, I wanna go to college, and get a good job and have a career, and I don't want a baby, I'M still a baby, and that's so much responsibility, and well, I want to do this and that and that and that......15 years from now I'd really regret it and probably freaking hate my kid because I was still a kid, and my kid would hate me, and I don't want that either. Besides, who is this fuckwit I'm with? I hardly know the guy. And I'm so incompatible...totally not doable in the long term, and who wants to live in a stupid shithole like this my whole life? Oh nooooo, hell no, I'm moving on, and byeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
These were senses to them. Sixth and seventh senses, sure, but senses nonetheless. As soon as he meets someone his senses cannot penetrate, he's LOST. Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'. Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

QUOTE]

i dunno, the only reason i ever read the damn books in ther first place is because my brother wouldnt stop calling me alice. and eventually she gets over the wolf thing- just stubborn i think enfp was pretty spot on. as for everyone else... i might give that one a go later, when i dont feel like im going to die of sinus explosion :).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG seriously!!!!!! ENFP???????????

I cannot relate to her at ALL. :shrug::doh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'.

true, but she theorizes that she can't tell with them because she's never been one, not because she doesn't like them. she says she's best at vampires, okay at humans, and can't do anyone else - because she is a vampire, was a human, and has never been anything else.

Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

actually, i love all this stuff, lol. i'm not arguing that she couldn't be ESFP, but i am arguing that you're claiming her not to be ENFP only because you don't see yourself in her. i feel like i relate to her more than i relate to you - no offense at all, just thought-wise - but that doesn't make you not an ENFP...

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edward is an INFJ and Bella is an ISFP, I think.

The pimple on my ass he is :shock:

There is no way in hell he's an NF anything.

He is the antithesis to what NF's stand for :doh: