• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, you're doing it all wrong. There has to be some elitist package for your ad hominem trollbait to prove your intellectual superiority.

Or at least be a little more agressive. Like, try this: "Holy shit, you're a Twilight fan, and your feet stink". I'm sure you'll eventually manage to provoke an emotional response.

Please do your best, I'll be watching your growth process with great interest.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought twilight was cool. :p

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
You got to be fooling me--Alice an enfj-lol. I know enfjs and they don't act like her. She is the typical enfp. She's so unique and stands out in a crowd-a characteristic of enfp.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
My thoughts after reading the books and most of this thread:

Bella, ISFP
Edward, INTJ
Jacob, ESFP

Edward was the hard one to type, but I'm pretty confident now. At first I thought INFJ because he has that tortured soul thing going on, like Dostoevsky or Beethoven. But if he were an "F," I think he would have sought companionship before finding Bella, and I don't think he would have decided to let her go in New Moon.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I sincerely don't see how anyone genuinely likes these characters. I watched both movies with a Rifftrax (highly recommend!), but the whole time, I was thinking how there have never been two more boring lead characters in recent memory. They hem and haw and blink and pause and look vaguely bored, and we're supposed to find them mysterious and fascinating? I don't get it.

I agree with the poster who said that Bella was supposed to be INFP, but she doesn't really show enough depth to be seen as a fully-fledged, typeable human being. I'd say INxJ for Edward. He doesn't seem all that T to me. Both characters just seem to be there to be the embodiment of teenage unrequited love. They are not complex.

P

Phantonym

I liked the movies. The whole time I watched them I kept thinking that the people should really get out of the frame, they're keeping me from enjoying the nature shots. :) I didn't bother typing them because the characters just didn't bother me at all...it's like they never existed because they left virtually no mark on my brain. The movies gave me a good feeling, so I don't feel ripped off, I never expected much from them to begin with.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched the second movie. As much as I liked the first one, I immediately knew New Moon wouldn't be my cup of tea.
Awful, just plain awful and boring.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't think they have types. Actually I've decided this.
If they did, Ed/Bella = Introvert.
Jacob/Alice=Extrovert

I don't remember any of the other characters. All I know is that Nikki Reed looks awful with blonde hair.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Can someone PLEASE give me ANY evidence to suggest ANY character in these addicting but poorly written books are N's?

How are they anything but isfj and isfp? (edward the J, Bella the P)

where's all their abstract thought? Their ideas? Their symbolism?

They're quiet brooding, moody, teenagers.

well, edward is technically a brooding, moody old man =]

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Do you think there are types that are more likely to read twilight than others?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I watched the second movie. As much as I liked the first one, I immediately knew New Moon wouldn't be my cup of tea.
Awful, just plain awful and boring.

New Moon wasnt really that boring, well, compared to the first one.

New Moon kind of confirms ISFP for bella. Shes got unhealthy Fi to the max

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:hi:

I'm an ENFP, and I've been reading romance novels since 9th grade.

Some romance-esque novels that NTs might not scoff at are...

The Scarlet Letter

Fight Club

Survivor

A Farewell to Arms

Pride and Prejudice

(And it's too early in the morning for me, so that's all I can think of at the moment :D)

I think that Female Fs are more prone to reading romance novels, ummm, duh?!!?

I gobbled all four of the Twilight books with glee, and yeah, some of it was utterly retarded, but, whatever, it was entertaining, and I love me some romance, and if I can defend Stephanie Meyer at all, is that she does know how to create pretty good characters, and maintains a solid inter-character dynamic within her novels.

Is her writing complex?

No.

Are her characters complex?

Far from it.

But, I'm not ashamed to admit to the fact that I have a huge crush on the fictional Edward Cullen, that I love Carlisle's and Bella's father's characters. :wub:

Even Jacob has his moments.

My best friend who is an INTP just started reading them, she works in the publishing industry in nyc, and even she could appreciate them for what they were.

I also am not afraid to admit that I am a sucker for some relatively cheesy romantic comedies.

French Kiss: loved it

Hitch: loved it

Kate and Leopold: :peepwall: loved it

And that's all the cheesy ones I can think of at the moment, though I genuinely think French Kiss is a good movie!

:)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ha, my ISTP brother read them and liked them, and he barely reads. But I am not ready to take the plunge. Was never really a vampire person. Or a romance person for that matter.

In general, I'm not afraid of more cheesy things. I like what I like, what can I do. I also found Hitch hilarious and for some reason I like every Matt McConaughey movie ever made.

/shame

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I rarely read, but i enjoyed all four books as i read them.
Then i decided to recount what had happened in them and could only come up with this expression - :huh:

They've got some magical power that makes you think you're reading a highly involved series. You get trapped up in this world where the characters actually have depth and where you're gripping for what's next. A lot of people, especially youngins, can't shake themselves loose from that world.

The woman shat out four books and the only props i can give her is for making it seem like there is more than there is. Subliminal messages or something. :shocking:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My sister read three of the books because everyone around her was reading them and she wanted to be able to discuss them with her friends. She thought they were terrible, but was so frustrated at not understanding why everyone loved them so much that she re-read the first book, and then almost read it again before I stopped her. :p She's an ISTJ.

I get liking fluff, but I have no desire to give this series a shot--especially having seen two of the movies.

I admit, though, I have never been particularly fascinated by vampires. Or werewolves. or whatever flavor of monster she might fall in love with in book 3.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
I think it must be reptilian propaganda. What Unkindloving says matches.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get liking fluff, but I have no desire to give this series a shot--especially having seen two of the movies.

For a good laugh and 'wtf' moment, you should borrow the fourth book from someone. It's the only one that is worth anything and not because it's good in the slightest.
Since i finished it, i've been trying to wrap my mind around what the hell the movie will look like.