• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dislike and find Twilight boring too. It's hardly boring and there's no common sense. The only one value that movie defend is actually chastity. The main male character is a vampire just to make more acceptable the idea that Bella and Edward must'nt let express their instincts and fuck together, even if we actually don't really understand why. Edward is elsewhere the archetype of the conformist nice guy, and he's presented like a model. The success of this film would'nt probably be possible without the "moral values" come back and 8 years of bushism. But I can understand that sentimental girls like this.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dislike and find Twilight boring too. It's hardly boring and there's no common sense. The only one value that movie defend is actually chastity. The main male character is a vampire just to make more acceptable the idea that Bella and Edward must'nt let express their instincts and fuck together, even if we actually don't really understand why. Edward is elsewhere the archetype of the conformist nice guy, and he's presented like a model. The success of this film would'nt probably be possible without the "moral values" come back and 8 years of bushism. But I can understand that sentimental girls like this.
What are blabbering on about?

Edward: GHEY

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Uhm... I admit I find the endless effort to type such untypable characters quite amusing, but really, Bella and Edward can't be typed, because their characterization is close to zero. :doh:

We know next to nothing about Bella and Edward's personality, because all their actions and thoughts revolve about their hormone-driven infatuation; apart from that, their inner life is non-descript. Let's face it: even though the autor might be quite skilled at describing such a hormone-driven infatuation and presenting it as "fatal love", and thus fulfilling dreams of all girls who also think that infatuation = fatal love, she absolutely sucks at characterization. She's not even able to create proper "stereotypes" (well, maybe she sometimes succeeds at least in this when it comes to secondary characters, but definitely not the main couple), let alone types. My personal guess it that she initially wanted to make Bella an INFP (stereotypical "strange, dreamy heroine") and Edward an INTJ (the "Mr Darcy" romantic stereotype), but she utterly failed at both.

Therefore, if someone manages to type them, they can be sure that their own imagination played a bigger role in it than the autor's skills. (As an example, I have an ENFP friend who identifies with Bella to a T; the friend is currently infatuated with an ESFP, and she without any doubt thinks that he's very similar to Edward.:doh:) And the fact that people in this thread will never be able to come to a consensus about them is a good enough proof for that.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uhm... I admit I find the endless effort to type such untypable characters quite amusing, but really, Bella and Edward can't be typed, because their characterization is close to zero. :doh:

We know next to nothing about Bella and Edward's personality, because all their actions and thoughts revolve about their hormone-driven infatuation; apart from that, their inner life is non-descript. Let's face it: even though the autor might be quite skilled at describing such a hormone-driven infatuation and presenting it as "fatal love", and thus fulfilling dreams of all girls who also think that infatuation = fatal love, she absolutely sucks at characterization. She's not even able to create proper "stereotypes" (well, maybe she sometimes succeeds at least in this when it comes to secondary characters, but definitely not the main couple), let alone types. My personal guess it that she initially wanted to make Bella an INFP (stereotypical "strange, dreamy heroine") and Edward an INTJ (the "Mr Darcy" romantic stereotype), but she utterly failed at both.

Therefore, if someone manages to type them, they can be sure that their own imagination played a bigger role in it than the autor's skills. (As an example, I have an ENFP friend who identifies with Bella to a T; the friend is currently infatuated with an ESFP, and she without any doubt thinks that he's very similar to Edward.:doh:) And the fact that people in this thread will never be able to come to a consensus about them is a good enough proof for that.

Agreed to an extent. An XNFP-INTJ FAIL!

By the way, is this the same ENFP friend you were referring to in the thread I made? If so, I think she and I are twins. :D

She tried to make P & P combined with fantasy and vampire elements, and rather forgot the characterization....

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Agreed to an extent. An XNFP-INTJ FAIL!

She tried to make P & P combined with fantasy and vampire elements, and rather forgot the characterization....

Agreed.;) I admit I find it annoying also because I sometimes try to write "P&P combined with fantasy elements" stories as well:D, but I always pay a lot of attention to characterization, so when I see that someone slacked off and threw it away completely makes me mad. It could have been done so much better; every freaking anime with 5,5 fans has more believable characters than this.:doh:

Little Linguist said:
By the way, is this the same ENFP friend you were referring to in the thread I made? If so, I think she and I are twins. :D

No, not really (the girl I directly referred to there actually hates Twilight:blush:), but your description kind of reminded me of the ENFP I referred to here as well. Actually, it reminded me of her quite a lot (she is very talented in languages, she always groans aloud when someone in class says something idiotic, she can't concentrate if she's not interested...), but she overall seems less "intellectual" to me and more of a "natural disaster":) than you and she definitely doesn't have such strong values. But if you had more similar upbringing, you might have ended up being very, very similar people.:)

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

I agree that edward was probably supposed to be some sort of NT.
What wit hthe memorizing of pi and all that crap.
I still cant believe that girls eat these books/movies up like this,
movies like this that were aimed at guys (species, bloodrayne ect)
stop being blockbusters a long time ago. That is because men discovered somthing called "Google Images" apparently women didnt get the memo.

Seriously just type in "Hot idian guy shirtless" I just saved you 8 bucks at the theater ladies :newwink:

tango

MBTI Type
eNFP
Am I really responding to something with this topic? Rhetorical, this is about to happen. Edward's an INTJ. Being a thinking type doesn't denature your ability to fall in love. An INTJ can fall in love and not be romantic about it at first, as you see in the beginning. It takes him a while to get used to being intimate with her, and he shows the characteristic discomfort (hilarious if you know an INTJ) when showing feelings like an INTJ. Especially before she grows on him. A little obsessive with the 'I stare at you at night' thing (Okay, whoever thought that was romantic is damn crazy, way to fuel my paranoia) but INTJ's can be a heck load more obsessive than that with other things. Also. Why does he like that meek, scared, self-esteem deprived, unintelligent girl? He is a thinking type. Think about this: Everyone else? He knows what they think already. He gains nothing, learns nothing more than he already knows by talking to them. They are uninteresting, their usefulness is next to none. Especially because he's too morally righteous to eat the suckers. What does he gain from that girl? His curiosity is not instantly sated, because he doesn't know every damn thing she's about to say. Obvious. So by talking to her, his learning and growth of intellect is supplemented. INTJ with a big, giant, hokey love crush. We know what you are Edward. Go eat your damn heart out.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
A little obsessive with the 'I stare at you at night' thing (Okay, whoever thought that was romantic is damn crazy, way to fuel my paranoia) but INTJ's can be a heck load more obsessive than that with other things.

That was one of the many laugh out loud moments in these films.

tango

MBTI Type
eNFP
Yeah, I'd probably throw that into the amateur romantic comedy pile; heavy on the comedy. If I can say one thing about the movie, it made me laugh. Although yes, they're going to get me to see new moon for one reason, and one reason only. And it's that son of a werewolf with his dark hair, tan skin.

A

A592

Edward an INTJ? No way. I've read the books (unfortunately), and almost every single thing Edward did irritated me. He's too emotional for an INTJ. I'm thinking he's an SJ though.
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written. Edward's especially difficult because he's designed to be fallen in love with by every teenage girl on the planet.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Edward an INTJ? No way. I've read the books (unfortunately), and almost every single thing Edward did irritated me. He's too emotional for an INTJ. I'm thinking he's an SJ though.
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written. Edward's especially difficult because he's designed to be fallen in love with by every teenage girl on the planet.

thank god someone agrees.
I despise Edward!

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bella is IxFJ
Edward is IxxJ but definitely not an NT.

They both annoy me.
I think Bella was supposed to be an INFP.
I think Meyer wanted her to be an N, but I see nothing creative about her.
I also don't see her looking towards the future either.
I think Edward was supposed to be a T,
but if so he's an ST.
*Reading this book reminded me of my bestfriend when reading Bella's whining. Unfortunately, we didn't stay friends much longer after the book. Her and her boyfriend had the same twisted, "I love you after three days relationship" as Ed and Bella. *

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know why they are difficult to type?
Because there's hardly anything to them -__-. There weren't just plot holes in the books.. there were severe character-development-holes.
A bag of sand is likely more complex than the majority of characters Stephanie Meyer conjured up.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written.
Which is why I'm surprised anyone is even trying to take the setting seriously.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw the first movie yesterday, and it was not half as bad as I expected it to be.
(watching it directly after Citizen Kaine was like reading manga after Ulysses :D )

Strong first impressions:

Bella - INFJ
Edward - ISTP

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I saw the first movie yesterday, and it was not half as bad as I expected it to be.
(watching it directly after Citizen Kaine was like reading manga after Ulysses :D )

Strong first impressions:

Bella - INFJ
Edward - ISTP

Wait not even half as bad?

Good lord I didnt think it was possible to think of somthing so bad