User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight?

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    enfj
    Post Thanks / Like

also-somehow I didn't get that Bella's self esteem is bad. She doesn't feel worthy of edward because of the depth of her love and awe for him...but she doesn't worry about what people think about her. ISFJ's can be very nuturing of others and overly critical of themselves. On a scale I'd say she's not a super S-maybe a little closer to center...but I still think ISFJ.

where did istj come up for edward? No way. No way. He's clear-he's not that complicated. Bella is much more complicated.

Renee is definatly a ENFP-I don't think anyone has even tried to argue that. She's classic.

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, both Bella and Edward are INFX. I can see that Bella has a very INFP kind of life, she is often having accidents and not noticing stuff going on around her and lives in her own world and prefers to keep to herself her thoughts. She is obviously introverted. She is fascinated with the extremes too (another quirk of INFPS), you see her when she gives in to love it is totally, she glorifies Edward, althoguh she is conscious of his being a long time ago a murderer. She is capable of risking her life with her confidence on his self control. I think she has a very good grasp of him as in emphaty very INFP. She is very intelligent (although it only shows at times so I am often baffled and also bothered by the unstable charaterization).

She is very romantic, as someone mentioned it, she was eager to give her life and be thankful that she had a perfect dream to die for, also somehow her desire for his dominance which is very patent also seem to be INFP. That is 100% idealist romantic. The way she was a zombie after he left her it is also very much INF.

Now, to contradict the this, I see her very decisive and that is not an INFP trait at all. She is also not usually a procastinator. In this sense she can very well act J in her daily life.

Now about Edward, he is also showing a lot of INFX. The painful all-emcompassing passion, the obssesion of his love, the strict and absolute clining to his set of rules and principles are INFP. The self-sacrifice and guilt plus his ability to know people's motivations are clearly F and P. I cannot see how anyone can see even a trace of T in him?? I am very curious if someone can tell me. I just want to say that he is very intelligent but that doesn't make him a T by any means.

On the other hand, the way he clings to his decisions in such a strict way and how he easily manages to be great in school seems a lot like a J. Of course he says it is because he has been through highschool many times and it makes sense....

I have these conclusions after reading Midnight Sun. I am afraid the other books do not help much with determining the types, the characters are rather stiff in those.

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished the Twilight Saga/series, last night...

And, I definitely think Edward Cullen is an INTJ.

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

I am only 40 pages into the book so I do not know for sure.

Give me romance or give me death!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Post Thanks / Like

CC weren't the books much more beautiful than the movie? hehe i thought they were.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

Interesting that you think Edward an INTJ, given that an INTJ would be a pretty nice match to your type (or so some say).

Maybe all girls could see their best typological match in Edward Cullen. He is the perfect man, after all. Perhaps we reflect the qualities we know deep down that we'd desire in a mate on him. That might explain his incredibly broad appeal, which spans all personality types.

Just a theory. And by the way, thank you for not spoiling that last book! I have not yet read it, so needless to say, you're the best!

Oh, and have you checked out Stephenie Meyer's other romance, The Host? I've heard it's kinda creepy (much darker than our beloved Twilight), but oh so sexy.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

Senior Member Array StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaahhh Pride&Prejudice...

I'm utterly, hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy...it's so difficult not to fall for that guy, seriously, hehe.

That could be a new thread on it's own, I imagine..
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Post Thanks / Like

Bella is ISFP as written. I get the sense that Meyer intended for her to be an NF, but she doesn't read that way at all. She's way too rooted in superficial details and present, concrete situations as a narrator to be an N.

I'd guess ISTJ for Edward.

Those seem like good guesses to me. INTJ definitely works for Mr. Darcy, and I could see Elizabeth as ENFP.

Pillars of Dust Array swordpath's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched Twilight.

I think ISFP is fitting for Bella and IxTJ for Edward.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob is INFP! =)

From an interview:

"At times Pattinson sounds grown-up, but he also lapses into adolescent silliness. Ask if he has a fake hotel name and the giggling starts: "I was Clive Handjob in Paris. Everyone in the hotel called me 'Monsieur Handjob'. That was good, cheap fun."

Amy Raphael talks to Robert Pattinson, star of vampire teen flick Twilight | Film | The Guardian

That's INFP right thur.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI
    Post Thanks / Like

OK... some people are driving me nuts in this thread... I would prefer to not comment but. Edward is IXXJ from what most of you have established. There seems to be a debate of whether he is N or S though. It's iffy depending on how that type shows itself in a person. I sat down for a moment and decided to guess Edwards type and I came up with ISTJ. Which seems awkward for me because that is my type. I do think he could be an N, but it is hard to say. I would be more comfortable with N than S I guess. Bella is an XXFP without a doubt. Do to her trouble socializing and such we might can safely say that she is an IXFP. I think our best course of action is ISFP, but I'm not entirely sure.

In regards to Bella's mind being shielded from Edward because she thinks differently (in spheres such as N and S), I doubt that is the case. Edward can read everyone elses mind without difference for their type. I think it is safer to say that the ability lies in the fact that it is just an ability. I don't think the author knows enough about psychological theories to come up with a good solution.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."