• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
before looking at what anyone has said, and giving it a lot of though (I just got back from seeing it the second time) I think that I'm safe to say that Bella is an INFP, and that because of her "messed" up life, she isn't necessarily the cheery and affectionate INFP that we see a lot. I could be wrong, though..but I like to think of her as an INFP.

Now there has been some discussion towards Edward, and being an F or T. Hands down, he's an F. He is willing to risk his cover for her sake, and would risk his life for her, and you can totally see it in the movie and how much he cares for her, and what he tells her when they leave eachother. Now, I can see why people can see him as a T, because of how he tries to get her to stay away from him, disregarding his 'feelings' towards her..which is a T trait, but if you think deeply on it, you know he's an F..it takes time, but you will just know. Given that, I can see him as an INFJ. Which would then balance Bella and him out, giving them the perfect relationship that they have.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
before looking at what anyone has said, and giving it a lot of though (I just got back from seeing it the second time) I think that I'm safe to say that Bella is an INFP, and that because of her "messed" up life, she isn't necessarily the cheery and affectionate INFP that we see a lot. I could be wrong, though..but I like to think of her as an INFP.

Now there has been some discussion towards Edward, and being an F or T. Hands down, he's an F. He is willing to risk his cover for her sake, and would risk his life for her, and you can totally see it in the movie and how much he cares for her, and what he tells her when they leave eachother. Now, I can see why people can see him as a T, because of how he tries to get her to stay away from him, disregarding his 'feelings' towards her..which is a T trait, but if you think deeply on it, you know he's an F..it takes time, but you will just know. Given that, I can see him as an INFJ. Which would then balance Bella and him out, giving them the perfect relationship that they have.

That seems like a fair assessment as well. I'm wondering if they perhaps are borderline with certain traits so that they could be one or the other at any given time? Bella is very quick to jump to the conclusion that Edward must be something supernatural- she isn't afraid of it [I would think she's excited by it, really] and approaches it with the full belief of what he is when she has figured it out. That's a bit 'out there', really, and NFP/NFJ have that tendency to be kind of that way, don't they? [Well, I know I am, and one of my best friends is an INFP and she is, too :yes: so I guess I just answered my own question *lol*].

I never thought of Edward as an INFJ, but your reasoning behind it is valid enough to push his type in that direction. I wondered if maybe Jasper wasn't one as well, or at least an 'F' for his emotional/empathic abilities... [he is seriously difficult to type lol]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That seems like a fair assessment as well. I'm wondering if they perhaps are borderline with certain traits so that they could be one or the other at any given time? Bella is very quick to jump to the conclusion that Edward must be something supernatural- she isn't afraid of it [I would think she's excited by it, really] and approaches it with the full belief of what he is when she has figured it out. That's a bit 'out there', really, and NFP/NFJ have that tendency to be kind of that way, don't they? [Well, I know I am, and one of my best friends is an INFP and she is, too so I guess I just answered my own question *lol*].

Even though this may not agree with what I said, I'll say it anyway. I think the whole thing with how Bella approached Edward was, yes, actually an INxP trait. I think, after much considering, that she may be either an INFP, or an INtP, but a week t at that.

As for Edward, I guess he's unknown...I think we need more information, and better reasoning. I think, however, that the INxx is obvious though..

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
After reading more of the books and analyzing Edward and Bella I've come to the conclusion that Edward is an SJ, the guy couldn't be more dutiful. ISTJ. I don't wish to spoil any plot for anyone, but he only continues to back up this theory for me. Bella is an introvert, and impulsive. So incredibly impulsive. So ISXP. I'm thinking ISFP, I'm not seeing any ISTP in her. I'm not dissing ISFPs, she's simply a poorly developed one if my theory is correct.

Alice is hard for me to wrap my mind around. She's such a free spirit, loves parties, practically dances everywhere she goes, cares very much about fashion and style. ESFP. Yet she's incredibly reliable. One could comfortably put their life in her hands, no problem. ENFP? Mature ESFP?

I agree with Renee being ESFP. Perfect.

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
I think Rob is probably an IN-- dunno about the rest, though. I gather 'I' from how humble he is in front of the camera. Also, looking at his body language, he messes with his hair constantly, which is a sign of insecurity and nervousness [something I draw towards introverted behavior rather than extroverted] and I certainly don't think he is preening himself. He also doesn't understand the fascination fans have with him [or his wildly cute unkempt hair *lol*]..

He doesn't view himself as a skilled actor, either- he prefers the path of musician and writes songs. Would that guide him toward 'F' do you think?

his co-star described him as "poetic and complicated, a goofball" and ryan seacrest said he was an enigma. hmmm. he likes to read, says its easier to have a passion for music because of the freedom involved, is messy, and got kicked out of school. he does seem down to earth in conversation but he also seems a little 'spacey' at times..or maybe that's just me, heh.

so far sounds more like a 'p' to me but we don't know enough i guess.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Edward is an F, and an Fi user, for sure. :heart:

He is an iNFP, or an eNFP, I believe.

Bella seems T-ish, and is also a user of Fi, with a crap low Fe.

I theorize that he cannot read her like most people because she is, a., more complex, and b., more contained, i.e. she is emoting less than others.

He acts as a great ball of passion perpetually being funneled/processed through, while she is a fixed anchor, (she is fixed on him), being pulled every which way, (to be with him). He's constantly in a state of confusion/doubt, whereas she is *never* deterred or confused, she wants to be with him, period.

He wants to do right by her, and is seeking the best means to do this without acting out selfishly.

He will go as far as sacrificing himself to be with her and she is willing to forget/drop everyone and thing else to be with him.

And, now I am lost.

He is not a T, c'mon now!!!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Edward is an F, and an Fi user, for sure. :heart:

He is an iNFP, or an eNFP, I believe.

Bella seems T-ish, and is also a user of Fi, with a crap low Fe.

I theorize that he cannot read her like most people because she is, a., more complex, and b., more contained, i.e. she is emoting less than others.

He acts as a great ball of passion perpetually being funneled/processed through, while she is a fixed anchor, (she is fixed on him), being pulled every which way, (to be with him). He's constantly in a state of confusion/doubt, whereas she is *never* deterred or confused, she wants to be with him, period.

He wants to do right by her, and is seeking the best means to do this without acting out selfishly.

He will go as far as sacrificing himself to be with her and she is willing to forget/drop everyone and thing else to be with him.

And, now I am lost.

He is not a T, c'mon now!!!

i can agree with most of this, but Edward really strikes me as J. I'm not exactly sure why though, so i guess he could be a P.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
i can agree with most of this, but Edward really strikes me as J. I'm not exactly sure why though, so i guess he could be a P.

I have only watched the movie, thus far, (I'm so buying the books tomorrow :) ), and Edward seems, hmm, wait, perhaps he is an INTJ with strong Fi?

Can INTJs be that emotionally intense?

If so, I want one, please.

:yes:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have only watched the movie, thus far, (I'm so buying the books tomorrow :) ), and Edward seems, hmm, wait, perhaps he is an INTJ with strong Fi?

Can INTJs be that emotionally intense?

If so, I want one, please.

:yes:

i'd like to have one too. haha. my intj is emotionally dead. I'm not sure if edward is an INTJ, i still think he is an F, but after you read the books, i'd like to hear your thoughts. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Starting reading the book, tonight. :heart:

And about to go see the movie again.

:peepwall:

Needles to say, I'll be back with a more detailed assessment. :cool:

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think Edward's an NF for sure. I'd go INFP because of his extreme sense of guilt and inadequacy. He could be a J with the whole protector thing going on. Still, he's always willing to sacrifice himself for the ones he loves, even if it will make him miserable. I mean, he tried to kill himself because he thought Bella was dead!

Unknown

MBTI Type
enfj
How about ISFJ for Bella. I would have thought she'd be an "N" but if you read up the ISFJ type she fits pretty well. I don't think she's a P after reading through all 4-and then reading a little of Midnight Sun. Edward definatly an INFJ. Carslile ENFJ.

I couldn't believe any one else was wondering what types the characters would fit into. My friends are Twilight fans but they would think this is nuts. Thank goodness for internet.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I see what everyone's saying, but my personal oppinion is that Bella is a total INFP/INTP and Edward is an INFJ. Argue you may.
Edit: The part in the first one, where Bella is contemplating death, and dying in the face of someone you love is a total NFP thing to do. It may be broader, but NFP seems most specific.

Unknown

MBTI Type
enfj
I take back ENFJ Carlisle...He's an INFJ. INFJ's can masquerade easily as ENFJ's when called upon. INFJ fits a physician better.

And Bella is a planner, good student that gets reports done ahead of time, planned the escape for her daughter in the end etc...That's not very "P".

Edward definatly an INFJ though too I'd say. He's less in controll than Carlisle but age and experience can account for that.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I take back ENFJ Carlisle...He's an INFJ. INFJ's can masquerade easily as ENFJ's when called upon. INFJ fits a physician better.

And Bella is a planner, good student that gets reports done ahead of time, planned the escape for her daughter in the end etc...That's not very "P".

Edward definatly an INFJ though too I'd say. He's less in controll than Carlisle but age and experience can account for that.

Bella, a J? I don't know, but I've only seen the movie. In the movie, she's definitely a P. Her curiosity towards Edward, she's drawn to him, she's always trying to find out more and more about it, it's definitely P-like. If the books tell different, than I stand corrected, as for the movie though, Bella seams 98% P.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYYY!!!

This thread was revived!!!

Okay, I am currently reading Eclipse, and both Bella and Edward are Ns, for sure and I would definitely say that Edward is an INxJ, definitely, and Bella may very well be an INFP.

Renee is either an ESFP or an ENFP, but she doesn't seem to be the most healthy one, or perhaps she is a HARDCORE P, regardless, (I am a little jealous of her free-spiritedness, I wish I could be half as reckless :) )

Edward is super J, I think, at least in the books, he is so particular, and commanding/demanding. Also, he is ALWAYS calculating, always thinking, and always computing the best situational odds of doing what is "right".

Oh yeah, and he is H-A-W-T!!!

*swoons*

:wub:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I see what everyone's saying, but my personal oppinion is that Bella is a total INFP/INTP and Edward is an INFJ. Argue you may.
Edit: The part in the first one, where Bella is contemplating death, and dying in the face of someone you love is a total NFP thing to do. It may be broader, but NFP seems most specific.
I agree, being uber-sacrificial, (perhaps even to a flaw), might very well be an NFP thing.

Her self-esteem is pretty crap, and that kind of bothers me in the books, I am not used to reading heroines who have such a relatively low self-esteem.

She is incredibly intelligent, perceptive and insightful yet she doesn't think she is worth that much, she thinks she is ordinary, and at times even defected.

I could relate with the feeling defected thing, but her feeling ordinary?!?! :shock:

I.. do...not ..get!!!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Just to throw it out there, I'm pretty sure Bella's actress, Kristen Stewart, is an INTP, now. On her Letterman interview she seemed so insecure and nervous, and a bit akward in some instances. Not to say that these are INTP traits, but the introversion and overthinking qualities seemed present, hah.

Unknown

MBTI Type
enfj
I think you have to read all the books in the series to see who the characters are. I also read Midnight Sun posted on Stephanie Meyers web site and that gives a lot more insight to what makes each character tick. The characters in the movie are far different from the books. Bella is a force of nature by the end.

OneWithSoul if you liked the movie well enough to discuss the characters to discuss their personalities you just have got to read the books. I love bookd where I feel like I am getting into someone's head and that's what these are. There was no depth to the characters in the movie. I can see how you'd think Bella was a P without reading all the books.

Here's a link I like...
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.htm
I was going to try to explain why I think Bella could be a ISFJ but above says it all