User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Twilight?

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Curious: What does an emo INTJ entail, exactly? Honestly, I find it difficult to imagine an emo INTJ, so it would be helpful to know what we are talking about so as to better understand.

MBTI
    INFP

Bella: ISFJ - One of her major character traits is how much she likes constancy (dom Si). She spends the whole first book longing to go back to Phoenix (to return to what she's used to) and other characters comment on how much she likes stability, how much she hangs on to things, how much she's like Charlie (an ISTJ). She also takes care of both her parents, which seems much more like an IFJ than an IFP. True, she's angsty and romantic and feels like she doesn't fit in, but I've known ISFJs like that, and I also think it's more related to her being a teenager than her type.

Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.

Alice: ESFP - I agree with Little Linguist that she's an S. All of her interests are concrete (fashion, planning parties, fast cars). Which isn't to say an N can't like those things, but I'd also expect to see her show some evidence of abstraction if she were an ENFP, and she doesn't (aside from her power, which doesn't count since, as LL said, she uses it the way a normal person would use their eyes or ears).

Jasper: INTJ (maybe a calculating INFJ?) - Even though he can control people's emotions, he seems driven by logic. He uses fear to control the lawyer in the last book (versus Bella, who as an F approaches the lawyer with kindness). When Bella gets turned into a vampire, he's also the only one who is suspicious of her ability to control herself and isn't concerned with the fact that this hurts her feelings. Maybe I could see ENTP, but he seems like too much of a subdued loner to be one.

Carlisle: ENFJ
    Esme: ISFJ
    Emmett: ESTP
    Rosalie: ESTJ
    Renee: ENFP
    Charlie: ISTJ

Jacob: ESfP
    Sam: ISTJ
    Leah: ESTP

Aro (head of the Volturi): ENtP?

Wow, that was a lot of analysis for some very bad books, lol.

MBTI
    STUF

As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?
    Like a vampire, it would just come back from the dead.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post

Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.
    That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.
    Agreed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP

Interesting and duly noted! I actually do see Edward as more of an ISTJ than an INTJ, so I am happy to have more evidence for the ISTJ typing.

For the record, the reasons why I thought that example pointed to INTJ are:

a) It seemed like he was doing some creative, elaborate scheming when he decided to take out her engine, etc., which I associate more with the xNTJ stereotype than the xSTJ one.

b) From personal experience, my INTJ mom tends to express love by trying to control her loved ones (and it's only when she's mad at someone that she shuts them out and becomes neglectful). But of course that's purely anecdotal evidence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.
    Speaking of which, what do you think of Bill from True Blood? INTJ also?

Consulting Detective Array Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Like a vampire, it would just come back from the dead.
    Whut? I thought vampires grew as fetuses until they kill their parents by breaking out of their uterus.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast