• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Princess Bride

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
One of my all-time favorite movies.

Boy/Fred Savage - ESFJ
Grandfather - INFP
Princess Buttercup - INFP
Prince Humperdinck - ESTJ

Dread Pirate Roberts persona (Westley) - INTJ
Westley - IxFJ
Vizzini - INTP
Ínigo Montoya - ISFJ
Fezzik - ISTP

Count Rugen/Six-Fingered Man - ISTJ
The Albino - ESTP
Miracle Max - ENTJ
Valerie (Max's wife) - ENFP

Thoughts?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Nice. :laugh: Although I think Vizzini might be more of an ENTP. He's so animated.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
An ENTP would also certainly work for Vizzini.

My rationale for INTP was his well-forged (if poorly applied) internal thought register when determining which goblet contained Iocane powder.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Has anyone besides me read the book? :peepwall:

Inigo and Fezzik are somewhat better developed in the book. So is Buttercup, but it's not flattering. :laugh:

I think Fezzik could be an F.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've haven't read the book, but going by the movie I think all four NT types are represented.

Westley - ENTP
Viccini - INTJ
Prince Humperdinck - ENTJ
Count Rugen/Six-Fingered Man - INTP

Also
Ínigo Montoya - ESFJ
Fezzik - INFP
Princess Buttercup - Can't tell because she has no personality.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've haven't read the book, but going by the movie I think all four NT types are represented.

Westley - ENTP
Viccini - INTJ
Prince Humperdinck - ENTJ
Count Rugen/Six-Fingered Man - INTP

Also
Ínigo Montoya - ESFJ
Fezzik - INFP
Princess Buttercup - Can't tell because she has no personality.

Viccini seems to me to be an INTP. A little too excitable for INTJ'ness.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Viccini seems to me to be an INTP. A little too excitable for INTJ'ness.

INTP's are the least excitable people I know. Also Viccini is more of a planner, and he's more directive than an INTP would be. "Wait here and when he comes within range smash his head with a rock." Also when he's playing the "iocane powder game" he's clearly an INTJ. He's not reasoning through it with Ti, because how do you really reason through something like that? Rather he's examining the possibilities from every angle, which is Ni.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP's are the least excitable people I know. Also Viccini is more of a planner, and he's more directive than an INTP would be. "Wait here and when he comes within range smash his head with a rock." Also when he's playing the "iocane powder game" he's clearly an INTJ. He's not reasoning through it with Ti, because how do you really reason through something like that? Rather he's examining the possibilities from every angle, which is Ni.
He's obviouthly ENTP!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
And INTJs are excitable?

Ever seen an angry or frustrated INTJ?

Rather more like Ne. I'd imagine an INT wouldn't involve the other party in the process. An INTJ even less so, maybe.

It's true that the INT would usually keep their thoughts to themself. It's an Ni thought process, but it's verbalized so that the scene is interesting rather than boring.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Vizzini, I'd think, would be an ENTP because he just won't shut up when he's thinking! The man thinks outloud, which seems signifigantly more ENTP than either INTJ or INTP :)

and yes, I've not only read the book, but stole it from the library by accident and now own it as well :blush:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
He really is an extrovert, if you isolate E/I and ignore your stupid little functions.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I type him as an INTJ, because his approach to problem solving is like an INTJ, while Westley is more like an ENTP. The "iocane power game" is the prime example. Vizzini ponders all of the possibilities trying to figure out every aspect of the game, then makes a quick decisive final move. That is how an INTJ reasons. Westley on the other hand makes up the game from scratch (and he also cheats in a way). That is more like how an ENTP reasons.

An INTP Profile
The INTJ resembles a chess player, ruminating on the possibilites and then making decisive accurate moves. If the INTP played life as chess, he would keep wishing to modify the allowed-move-properties of his various pieces to optimise his strategy, find that that isn't allowed, and ask to start the game afresh! The ENTP chess player would indeed modify the rules to his advantage and complain that the standard rules were inadequate! The ENTJ would play by the standard rules but insist on making the moves for his opponent as well !

I guess I am going more by functions, while others are determining E/I first and then figuring out the rest.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I guess I am going more by functions, while others are determining E/I first and then figuring out the rest.
Only to support the initial "ENTP" declaration, in my case. He acts like an ENTP caricature. An INTJ wouldn't get himself in such silly situations to begin with.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Only to support the initial "ENTP" declaration, in my case. He acts like an ENTP caricature. An INTJ wouldn't get himself in such silly situations to begin with.

Heh I think he's more of an INTJ caricature. He's made this careful plan that can't possibly go wrong and then he melts down when it does. ENTP's don't care when their plans go wrong, or the modify them when they do. An ENTP caricature looks more like Doc Emmett Brown or Cosmo Kramer.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
An ENTP caricature looks more like Doc Emmett Brown or Cosmo Kramer.
Funny you should say that, because I think the three are from a similar stock, character-wise. How many plans have they all tried, only to see them fail?