• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Princess Bride

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Has anyone besides me read the book? :peepwall:

Inigo and Fezzik are somewhat better developed in the book. So is Buttercup, but it's not flattering. :laugh:

I think Fezzik could be an F.

Aloud to my son (skipped a few lines in the intro...he was young at the time...) I'll agree with Fezzik as an F

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Vizzini ponders all of the possibilities trying to figure out every aspect of the game, then makes a quick decisive final move. That is how an INTJ reasons. Westley on the other hand makes up the game from scratch (and he also cheats in a way). That is more like how an ENTP reasons.

Yeah, but Vizzini throws in those loud jeers in the iocane powder game that are totally funny, yet unnecessary. I think he'd have to be E and P to make it loud and funny as he does.

"You'd like to think that! Wouldn't you!" LOLZ

Can't imagine a INTJ saying that in the midst of a life and death battle... lolz

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the movie (Never read the book):

Buttercup- ISFP
Westley- ISFP
Vizzini- ESTP
Iñigo- ISTJ
Fezzik- ISFJ
Humperdick (or whatever)- ENTJ
Six-fingered man (forget his name)- INTP

Bass0129

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
He's obviouthly ENTP!
Im going to say viccini is not an ENTP, his thinking is extroverted and out loud, (like when he is analyzing which glass to drink from and stating his thought process as he goes) when an ENTP's thinking is an intoverted function and they prefer to think in their heads.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just saw this movie. Looooveeed it.

Westley - ISTP 9w8 sx/sp
Buttercup - ISFP 4w3 sx/sp
Humperdinck - ESTJ 3w2 so/sx
Inigo - ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
Fezznik - ISFP 9w8 sx/sp
Tyrone - ESTJ 3w4 so/sp

Last edited:

Lib

Permabanned
I just saw this movie. Looooveeed it.

Westley - ENTP 7w8 sx/sp
Buttercup - ISFP 4w3 sx/sp
Humperdinck - ESTJ 3w2 so/sx
Inigo - ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
Fezznik - ISFP 9w8 sx/sp
Tyrone - ESTJ 3w4 so/sp

Westley cannot be an ENTP, he is Ni through and through - planing well ahead (iocine example) and when he 'improvises' it is Te (fire swamp). There were suggestions that he might be an INFJ, which would be more likely than ENTP, but I think he is an INTJ. His vision is his drive.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Westley cannot be an ENTP,

I don't care what you think.

he is Ni through and through - planing well ahead (iocine example)

Any type can plan ahead. Another silly Ni stereotype.

There were suggestions that he might be an INFJ,
What character hasn't been suggested to be an INFJ. You clearly don't spend much time here. Any romantic person is seen as some form of NF.

Last edited:

Lib

Permabanned
I don't care what you think. I think he's an ENTP. The guy isn't an introvert at all.

Any type can plan ahead. Another silly Ni stereotype.

What character hasn't been suggested to be an INFJ. You clearly don't spend much time here. Any romantic person is seen as some form of NF.
You OK?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm just tired of the obnoxious pond-life like yourself that take an interest in MBTI. I really don't give a crap about what you think about my typing. A literal ENTP said that he's an ENTP and a well-known site said that he's an ENTP. I really don't care what most here think since they often type most the people that they like as intuitives. I also watched the movie the other day, so my memory is the most fresh. Get a day job and learn some manners.

send.jpg

Lib

Permabanned
I'm just tired of the obnoxious pond-life like yourself that take an interest in MBTI. I really don't give a crap about what you think about my typing. A literal ENTP said that he's an ENTP and a well-known site said that he's an ENTP. I really don't care what most here think since they often type most the people that they like as intuitives. I also watched the movie the other day, so my memory is the most fresh. Get a day job and learn some manners.

View attachment 20474
Dunno about that you gave plenty of crap already but keep the rest to yourself

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno about that you gave plenty of crap already but keep the rest to yourself

Ah, I see. This sounds just like a petty grudge. I already suggested for you to get a day job and learn actual MBTI.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alas, I changed my typing of Westley to ISTP. He is the only person in the movie that doesn't seem to have a clear type. I only asserted my viewpoint because I was agitated by the way that random person came at me. I was reminded of how aloof he seemed when he first met the girl in the movie.