• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thomas Merton?

S

Sniffles

Does anybody know the type of Thomas Merton.

I know he's classifed as an Enneagram 4 - specifically 4w5 I believe.

I would like to say INFJ. I say this about upon the character of the writings of his I've read along with the general summaries of his life, including that of his autobiography The Seven Storey Mountain.

Anyways, if anybody has a different view - by all means please share it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never read "mountain", but I've been very acquainted with Merton through other writings and some of his students' writings. I took him for IxFJ myself.

S

Sniffles

Just yesterday I was reading through some of his personal letters. His description of the contemplative life seems to fit the INFJ nature very well.