• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretty Woman

D

Dali

Pretty Woman (1990)

I watched it again last night (right after the game *ahem*) and, minutes into the movie, had started attempting to type everyone. Typical MBTI'er, I hear you say. Tell me what you think and feel free to add further characters if you'd like.

Julia Roberts / Vivian - ENFP

Richard Gere / Edward - ESTP

Jason Alexander / Philip (lawyer) - E?T?

Hector Elizondo / Hotel Manager - ?

Laura San Giacomo / Kit De Luca (prostitute pal) - ESFP

Mo

Last edited:

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, i havent seen this for a few years but im going to attempt to type the hotel manager. Please dont ask me why; im just going by a not very good hunch.

INTJ.

What about the prostitute friend of Vivian whatshername? I'll have to google...er Kit, played by Laura San Giacomo?

Maybe i should've said ISTJ for Hector?

D

Dali

Well, i havent seen this for a few years but im going to attempt to type the hotel manager. Please dont ask me why; im just going by a not very good hunch.

INTJ.

What about the prostitute friend of Vivian whatshername? I'll have to google...er Kit, played by Laura San Giacomo?

Maybe i should've said ISTJ for Hector?

Oops, the prostitute friend is the person I mistakenly entered as Amy Yasbeck. Will have to edit that.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't seen the movie for a while, but I think this is how it goes.

Julia Roberts / Vivian - ESFP

Richard Gere / Edward - ESTJ or ENTJ

Jason Alexander / Philip (lawyer) - ESTP

Hector Elizondo / Hotel Manager - ISTJ

D

Dali

I haven't seen the movie for a while, but I think this is how it goes.

Julia Roberts / Vivian - ESFP

Richard Gere / Edward - ESTJ or ENTJ

Jason Alexander / Philip (lawyer) - ESTP

Hector Elizondo / Hotel Manager - ISTJ

Edward, to me, had the incredible, almost over-done, ESTP charm and notice how he wanted the best e.g. He took the penthouse at the hotel and also the balcony at the opera regardless of his fear of heights. His only response to Vivian's puzzled questions was that he wanted the best. Didn't seem ENTJ to me and an ESTJ tycoon would certainly have not asked a hooker for directions. Think of the social repercussions were he to be seen!

Philip does seem like an unhealthy ESTP now that you mention it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rewatching this movie atm and is it me or does Edward look very INTJ? Determined, all business, conquers what he wants, doesn't like emotional messes (his relationships) but also isn't into parties..tolerates them as they're part of the world he's in. Almost a machine except for this: hurt by his father and almost killer methodical about getting back at him for daring to hurt his mom.

Reminds me a bit of Heathcliff, that last part...:thinking:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rewatching this movie atm and is it me or does Edward look very INTJ? Determined, all business, conquers what he wants, doesn't like emotional messes (his relationships) but also isn't into parties..tolerates them as they're part of the world he's in. Almost a machine except for this: hurt by his father and almost killer methodical about getting back at him for daring to hurt his mom.

Never thought about it before but that seems right.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's also got that complaint from his exes that he's not exactly open to them, emotionally available as such and they don't feel loved. He seems to compartmentalize and internalize his feelings. Kinda reminds me of some of the stuff Uumlau used to address in INTJ-threads.

rav3n

I really disliked and dislike this movie for a lot of different reasons.

Gere's character appears to be a mix but if you recall the ending where he's nauseatingly over-the-top emotional, this looks like inferior Fi. Really fucked up.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vivian: ESTP
Edward: ESFJ