Thread: Anne Hathaway

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    All wrong. ISFJ.
    I agree with this. I'm surprised that no one else suggested it. She could be an ESFJ, but I definitely detect an Introvert vibe from her.

I agree that she's xSFJ for sure. I'd be really interested to hear arguments for extraversion/introversion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    I agree that she's xSFJ for sure. I'd be really interested to hear arguments for extraversion/introversion.
    It is more of a gut feeling - seeing her and knowing others of the same type. ISFJs can often seem like extraverts.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I don't know enough about her, but I would point out that being hard on one's self is nothing new for an ISFP. The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness. I dunno. She could be SFJ.. I'm just pointing this out. edit: She does seem "Fe" like in interviews tho, I'd agree there.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, she's ISFJ

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Wow, am I the only one who thinks she's an ENFJ? I used to have a serious crush on her (the only serious celebrity crush I've ever had) and I was almost 100% certain she was an ENFJ. She reminds me of so many ENFJs I know.

Before I get torn apart, let me try to argue why I think she's an ENFJ:

ENFJ - Primary Fe. Aux Ni.

Fe I think pretty much everyone agrees with, so we'll leave that alone, but with the Ni I think it's pretty clear to me at least...

Pretty much everyone in Hollywood is insecure and self conscious, but if you read her interviews, every answer she gives is some kind of expression of how she sees herself or how she'd like to see herself. I mean just from the W magazine interview alone that was posted earlier, this tendency to define herself over and over again as "some" kind of person is very clear. This kind of almost obsessive self-defining/self-evaluative behavior is not something I could attribute to an Si.

In other interviews she's given that I've read there's a lot of these kinds of sentences:

"I'm the kind of person who..."
    "I aspire to be..."
    "I tend to do this and that... "

That last one is very telling imo. Again, I couldn't attribute the behavior of finding-patterns-within-yourself to an Si, but I'm open to the possibility of being wrong. S is about seeing the moment and being detail-oriented whereas N is about ideas, concepts, and patterns.

I'd gladly change my mind about her and the way I understand the MBTI functions if someone can explain to me why they think she's an Si? Without a doubt, an Fe, but really? Si?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm not an e-fj, so I won't claim to recognize either secondary Si or Ni in Hathaway.

However. Those who I and others have designated as enfj go a step beyond understanding people on a deeper level; they spontaneously organize, lead, create projects utilizing that inherently-held knowledge.

I think that's key. Not that I'm an expert on her, but I've seen a few films in which her co-star is infp; she'll take the backseat. enfjs only pretend to take the backseat.

My opinion is that she's an esfj.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Mine too. Very SFJ vibe.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I'm not an e-fj, so I won't claim to recognize either secondary Si or Ni in Hathaway.

However. Those who I and others have designated as enfj go a step beyond understanding people on a deeper level; they organize, lead, create projects.

I think that's key. Not that I'm an expert on her, but I've seen a few films in which her co-star is infp; she'll take the backseat. enfjs only pretend to take the backseat.

Wow... you bring up a damn good point about organization and taking charge. And it's true about her taking the backseat in certain films. I think this pretty much overrides what I had believed and I definitely see this now about ENFJs.

OK. I'm with everyone else. ESFJ. A neurotic ESFJ, but ESFJ nonetheless.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4?

All I'll say is that I've always really disliked her for some reason, and never found her attractive despite her being very much physically my type.