• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anne Hathaway

Liesl

I agree that she's xSFJ for sure. I'd be really interested to hear arguments for extraversion/introversion.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that she's xSFJ for sure. I'd be really interested to hear arguments for extraversion/introversion.

It is more of a gut feeling - seeing her and knowing others of the same type. ISFJs can often seem like extraverts.

KDude

I don't know enough about her, but I would point out that being hard on one's self is nothing new for an ISFP. The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness. I dunno. She could be SFJ.. I'm just pointing this out. edit: She does seem "Fe" like in interviews tho, I'd agree there.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Wow, am I the only one who thinks she's an ENFJ? I used to have a serious crush on her (the only serious celebrity crush I've ever had) and I was almost 100% certain she was an ENFJ. She reminds me of so many ENFJs I know.

Before I get torn apart, let me try to argue why I think she's an ENFJ:

ENFJ - Primary Fe. Aux Ni.

Fe I think pretty much everyone agrees with, so we'll leave that alone, but with the Ni I think it's pretty clear to me at least...

Pretty much everyone in Hollywood is insecure and self conscious, but if you read her interviews, every answer she gives is some kind of expression of how she sees herself or how she'd like to see herself. I mean just from the W magazine interview alone that was posted earlier, this tendency to define herself over and over again as "some" kind of person is very clear. This kind of almost obsessive self-defining/self-evaluative behavior is not something I could attribute to an Si.

In other interviews she's given that I've read there's a lot of these kinds of sentences:

"I'm the kind of person who..."
"I aspire to be..."
"I tend to do this and that... "

That last one is very telling imo. Again, I couldn't attribute the behavior of finding-patterns-within-yourself to an Si, but I'm open to the possibility of being wrong. S is about seeing the moment and being detail-oriented whereas N is about ideas, concepts, and patterns.

I'd gladly change my mind about her and the way I understand the MBTI functions if someone can explain to me why they think she's an Si? Without a doubt, an Fe, but really? Si?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not an e-fj, so I won't claim to recognize either secondary Si or Ni in Hathaway.

However. Those who I and others have designated as enfj go a step beyond understanding people on a deeper level; they spontaneously organize, lead, create projects utilizing that inherently-held knowledge.

I think that's key. Not that I'm an expert on her, but I've seen a few films in which her co-star is infp; she'll take the backseat. enfjs only pretend to take the backseat.

My opinion is that she's an esfj.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I'm not an e-fj, so I won't claim to recognize either secondary Si or Ni in Hathaway.

However. Those who I and others have designated as enfj go a step beyond understanding people on a deeper level; they organize, lead, create projects.

I think that's key. Not that I'm an expert on her, but I've seen a few films in which her co-star is infp; she'll take the backseat. enfjs only pretend to take the backseat.

My opinion is that she's an esfj.

Wow... you bring up a damn good point about organization and taking charge. And it's true about her taking the backseat in certain films. I think this pretty much overrides what I had believed and I definitely see this now about ENFJs.

OK. I'm with everyone else. ESFJ. A neurotic ESFJ, but ESFJ nonetheless.

magister343

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4?
All I'll say is that I've always really disliked her for some reason, and never found her attractive despite her being very much physically my type.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Yeah, in my defense, I crushed on her a very long time ago at a very vulnerable time in my life. It's my goddamn curse with SFJs even though for the longest time I thought she was an ENFJ. Another SFJ quality I see with her, is that she can give you a full smile with her eyes wide open. It's a speculative point to make regarding this and a person's SFJ-ness, but I will never trust a woman who can smile like that.

I absolutely can't stand her now.

Also, there is something WEIRD going on with her face in general. Half the time she can look amazingly attractive, and the other half she looks like an alien, no exaggeration. My ex also had this quality about her that I found just really really unsettling. And I'm not sure it can be dismissed as camera, lighting, and makeup, either. I'm gong to try and find two examples that will isolate the variable I'm talking about.

I think the biggest difference is when she's smiling or not. When she smiles her face kind of flattens making all her weird features seem normal and actually quite attractive. When she's not smiling, well... it's UFO city.

Exhibit A:

anne_hathaway.jpg

Exhibit B:

Anne-Hathaway-512X384-381.jpg

It's amazing to me how certain I used to be that she was an N. Now, no matter how hard I think about it, she's definitely an S. This explains so much about my relationships with others - especially the ones that ended up in disaster. This is exactly why I came to this site in the first place.

Thanks, TypoCentral! :nice:

Last edited:

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I say ENFJ. She's too rambunctious in certain interviews, using off-color humor, and did you see the dress she wore to the Academy Awards? She's never been shy about her body (Watch Havoc!) and SFJ women (especially ISFJ's) might as well be nuns (unless they've had the one beer that devests them of responsibility for a sexual encounter.) Thus, I would say she has Se as a result.

I want an argument for why she has Si...

Has she talked about social roles and their respective responsibility ("He's a father so he should be doing this")? Does she wax on with nostalgia in any of her interviews or have detail filled accounts concerning her experiences (although with many types have the Dom-Tert loop, it's possible that her alleged Si may be too underdeveloped to make details a strong focus)?

Someone mentioned that he thought that she had an ISFP feature of stepping back and having to gather her thoughts. No, that's a dominant F thing (ergo IXFP/EXFJ.) It's call having a T function that's inferior.

Nicki

Retired
She's such an Fe dom! She's always so saccharine sweet lol. She's either a 3w2 or 2w3 IMO.