• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

clint eastwood

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
how would you type Clint Eastwood?
I just went to see "Changeling" and he confuses me every time ...

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
A good actor can step into roles and play any type. You'd have to look at biographical info/speeches/writings to get an inkling of his type. Especially someone like Eastwood who even played a singing miner (Paint Your Wagon...)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i heard someone mention XSTP but then again i have no idea

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
A good actor can step into roles and play any type. You'd have to look at biographical info/speeches/writings to get an inkling of his type. Especially someone like Eastwood who even played a singing miner (Paint Your Wagon...)

That is why i refer to changeling. He does not act in it, but I think a film often can be a reflection of the personality of the director...
My guess would be IXTP.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
That is why i refer to changeling. He does not act in it, but I think a film often can be a reflection of the personality of the director...
My guess would be IXTP.

My bad. I'm behind in my movies, didn't realize he directed it...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmm. I've either typed him as ISTP or read he was supposedly ISTP and agreed with it, but I'm not in a typing state of mind atm. Maybe I'll get back later.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm... it seems like a lot of actors like Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, and Clint Eastwood have been inaccurately typed as ISTP's because of the ISTP-type action hero characters they've played.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmmm... it seems like a lot of actors like Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, and Clint Eastwood have been inaccurately typed as ISTP's because of the ISTP-type action hero characters they've played.
Is that a fact. Who's typing people based on their characters? It isn't me.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is that a fact. Who's typing people based on their characters? It isn't me.
Not necessarily you. I see a bunch of people doing it, though. Some actors put a lot of themselves into their roles, and some maintain a safe distance from their characters. I find that the latter are the majority, usually, but people still associate the characters too much with the real people, IMO.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I normally wouldn't type someone based on their characters, but Clint Eastwood has been making movies for several decades and every single one is an ISTP. Also he comes across as an ISTP in interviews, so that is what I would put him as.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll type him as an ENFP so I have the honor of being the first person to chime in with the patently inaccurate assessment in this particular pop-culture thread. (For maximum effect, imagine that I happen to be the type I'm ascribing to him and that I supplied a list of ways in which he is, like, totally just like me.)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I normally wouldn't type someone based on their characters, but Clint Eastwood has been making movies for several decades and every single one is an ISTP. Also he comes across as an ISTP in interviews, so that is what I would put him as.

Agree. ISTP fits the description... Ever seen his cigarette trick? He's probably the most down-to-earth actor i've seen, based on what i've seen in interviews. Respect that.