• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sofia Coppola

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ifp i'm guessing isfp as well. would explain the trainwreck of marie antoinette. her technical details are fantastic. celebration by new order almost redeems it for me.

i get more Se body language and speaking style than infp. definitely Fi dom, the pauses skips and unfinished sentences.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I could definitely see ISFP or INFP. I just recently watched the making-of video for Lost in Translation, and she is practically silent throughout, except in one scene where she gets the crew to form a circle, hold hands, and chant before the shoot.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Visually, I think her movies are stunning, beautifully detailed & artistically stylish. There's a lack of character development in many, IMO. Marie Antoinette is lovely to look at, but the characters don't come alive. Only Lost In Translation does a decent job at this, and even then I felt more connection to the visual vibe of the film than the characters as people.
Sooo, I think she is ISFP. An INFP would have characters much more fully developed that ring true to life, but may not have such painstaking detail visually.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isfp would never feel so out of place. lost in translation is about iNtuition. watching interviews i'm 100% sure she's infj. she talks just like leslie feist. watch her Ni eyes. she's so contextual when she's diggin up information or retelling events.

i think scarlet johanson is an entp.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Looks southern italian.

INFJ makes sense from the interview, but I don't know much about her.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Changed your mind, then, eh?

oh yeah, i do all the time. i watched lost in translation last night. both characters are so N. and the dramatism. after a couple interviews, i was pretty sure.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Visually, I think her movies are stunning, beautifully detailed & artistically stylish. There's a lack of character development in many, IMO. Marie Antoinette is lovely to look at, but the characters don't come alive. Only Lost In Translation does a decent job at this, and even then I felt more connection to the visual vibe of the film than the characters as people.
Sooo, I think she is ISFP. An INFP would have characters much more fully developed that ring true to life, but may not have such painstaking detail visually.

100% agreed.

Her type of movies is exactly the type that my ISFP sister loves and can relate to the most. I like their style, but I cannot relate on a deeper level. I actually found Lost in Translation slightly boring. I would have to watch it again to build up a decent argument, but I don't feel any Ne from it, I feel Fi and Ni, and that's ISFP's functions.

And for that record, ISFPs can have 'Ni eyes' too, if anything like that exists. It's because they have Ni, and often pretty well developed.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
100% agreed.

Her type of movies is exactly the type that my ISFP sister loves and can relate to the most. I like their style, but I cannot relate on a deeper level. I actually found Lost in Translation slightly boring. I would have to watch it again to build up a decent argument, but I don't feel any Ne from it, I feel Fi and Ni, and that's ISFP's functions.

And for that record, ISFPs can have 'Ni eyes' too, if anything like that exists. It's because they have Ni, and often pretty well developed.

she doesn't sound like Fi when she talks. she's just translating the moving pictures into words. she's Fe not Fi. there's little exploration of the self, the film is more about the context of their interaction at all times. i think critiquing the characters in the film is an Fi critique, Fe doesn't give a rat's ass who these people are, we pick up at the scene and leave at the end. as long as the context is real, and makes us identify within the scene, then it works. and it does for us.

i identify and identified in the past bc i felt like i was seeing something else, something different than those around me saw. iNtuitive. they're self-aware, they see themselves from multiple angles, they recognize how silly so much of their lives are, how stuck they feel, how ridiculous and absurd their situations are. this is N.

i agree, it's not Ne whatsoever. it's very tightly put together, feels very singular, especially in mood and art design.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
she doesn't sound like Fi when she talks. she's just translating the moving pictures into words. she's Fe not Fi. there's little exploration of the self, the film is more about the context of their interaction at all times. i think critiquing the characters in the film is an Fi critique, Fe doesn't give a rat's ass who these people are, we pick up at the scene and leave at the end. as long as the context is real, and makes us identify within the scene, then it works. and it does for us.

i identify and identified in the past bc i felt like i was seeing something else, something different than those around me saw. iNtuitive. they're self-aware, they see themselves from multiple angles, they recognize how silly so much of their lives are, how stuck they feel, how ridiculous and absurd their situations are. this is N.

i agree, it's not Ne whatsoever. it's very tightly put together, feels very singular, especially in mood and art design.

You might be right about the Fe thing after all. I confess that I sometimes find INFJs and ISFPs difficult to tell apart. (Much more than any other types, actually.) When their shared Ni and Se are both very strong, they sometimes end up looking very similar, and have similar 'atmosphere' overall.

I'll have to watch Lost in Translation again, then I'll perhaps be able to tell. Marie Antoinette did seem like a very ISFP movie to me, though.